1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

18th million 4 adsense cheater(s)

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by mizt, May 18, 2005.

1. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    When you allow people to earn commissions, in a scene even if indirectly they represent your company. Not only that, His practice and his program isn't being supported here by many people as you can see. It gets further then that like said in previous post, when he starts trying to get the law involved on a practice his so called affiliate committed, yet he isn't taking responsibility for an action his 'affiliate' is committing. What is he trying to hide by getting this post removed? Whats there to censor? I think the public should know about this incident.

INV, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    What incident? His program may or not violate the AdSense TOS, like many of our sites that we build for AdSense. That clause in itself is ambiguous and strange.

Affiliates promote his software.

He states he's already terminated one affiliate in the past who used 'spamming' techniques, which for all we know could of been e-mail addresses rented or purchased from an online marketing newsletter the recievers of this spam are subscribed to.

Costas *is* seemingly taking action against these affiliates. How can you state otherwise? Pass the details on to Costas with the affiliate ID, why don't you? Instead people are assuming it's Costas who'se sending the e-mails under other peoples names. Strange.

You think the public should know about this incident.. what incident? Talk to anyone who owns a ClickBank product and they will tell you unscrupulous affiliates promote their products. Most shut them down when they're informed or know about it.. fuck, what else can you do, monitor them all? Hardly.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
    Nintendo likes this.
  3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    So instead you threaten to sue anyone that discusses it?

And because you have determined that the AdSense TOS is not clear and direct enough, any automated software should go unchecked allowing those less experienced to put their account at risk.

I don't see the harm or the witch hunt in advising people of the dangers. Surely, this guy shouldn't be able to threaten to sue anyone that raises the question?

yfs1, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  4. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to show you that this email is acctually a spam. I went to do some dirt digging and found that this domain in fact was BLACK-LISTED several times. If you look at the messages, you will notice the same format of writing used which means he used the same macro's to try and avoid filters unsucessfully.

2005-08-28 SBL.SPAMHAUS.ORG 127.0.0.2 http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL27745

2005-08-08 SBL.SPAMHAUS.ORG 127.0.0.2 http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL27745

2005-08-01 SBL.SPAMHAUS.ORG 127.0.0.2 http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL27745

2005-07-28 SBL.SPAMHAUS.ORG 127.0.0.2 http://www.spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL27745

INV, Sep 14, 2005 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  5. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    So somebody somewhere thinks it's spam. So what? Some filters believe e-mails from my web host are spam. I get a lot of e-mails that aren't spam, but which some servers believe are.

You're still blaming Costas for this e-mail. Where's your proof it's actually him?

All Costas has is a product that may or may not be in conflict with a certain shakey clause in AdSense policy - that's it.

He has affiliates who promote this software for commisions, and e-mails will be blasted around from them to various e-mail lists, groups. That's what happens. All Costas can do is terminate their accounts with ClickBank or whoever when he finds out they're actually taking part in 'spamming' activities.

Quit blaming Costas. Damnit. :p

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Actually I requested he post the headers and asked if it may be him

Does Costa Dedes now equal Alex Whatever

I find it strange you keep insisting that you should just not complain about Spam. Casta Dedes revived this thread so we are discussing it. There were even 1 or 2 people in the Warrior thread that were complaining about recieving it.

And the only reason this thread got legs is because of the threat of a lawsuit. If someone threatens to sue me for slander, that opens up the product they are suing over for analysis.

So I have backed up my earlier posts with the newest ones. If I made the original assesment publicly, I am going to back it up publicly.

yfs1, Sep 14, 2005 IP
    relixx likes this.
  7. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody is blaming Costa for spamming anymore. That issue got settled, infact the whole issue with all the points have bas been discussed and all the points have been made.

In conclusion we still aren't supporting his Adsense practice and the way he handles his affiliates and his attitude and the way he approached. Do I really need to rewrite why? NO. Should this thread stay as an expressions of our opinions YES.

edit: Am I still giving this some weight and leave my signature... YES!

INV, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    And there is the point of this whole thing... It was done with.. nobody cared about this non-affiliate controlling, spam inducing wanna-be marketer... But then he/she had to go on a google ego search and decided they had to come threaten people who shined some light on their seedy business practices.

They created this thread because of their ego...

I hope they choke on it.

They didn't come here to honestly protect their business. They came here to crush anyone who might dare say anything that might be construed in any negative way about their business.

aeiouy, Sep 14, 2005 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  9. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I just put all of this in my blog but for anyone interested in what kind of person Costa Dedes is... Enjoy:

aeiouy, Sep 14, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint and Smyrl like this.
  10. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Now what do I say about people minding their own business. :D

He put your number on a car advert? Man, I'm sorry you're getting hassled by him but at the same time I think it's hilarious hearing what Costas doing now.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  11. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the message source

mizt, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  12. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    That goes back to a mexican prodigy account. Costa has a Road Runner account in Rochester New York.

aeiouy, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  13. cwdedes

cwdedes Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys are lame if you think I would waste my time calling and posting ads.

Sure, I placed your address and phone number in a public area to let people know that you are using slander to try and ruin a business.

Whatever they do with this is not my fault.

Please tell me how the fast ferry tickets was a scam?

I was asked to resell tickets for the company.

They went bankrupt, did not tell anyone.

The boat was then purchased by the city of Rochester.

Look it up.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPECIALS02

cwdedes, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  14. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am lame?

Haha.. Pot kettle and all that Costa...

No slander here... Just your juvenile activity clearly on display for everyone to see.

aeiouy, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  15. cwdedes

cwdedes Peon

Best Answers:
    All the tickets/coupons I sold are still valid.

Anyone who still has them can use the ferry to go from Rochester to Toronto.

Look at your signature, I would call that slander.

Definitions of slander:

words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another

cwdedes, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, apparently I had an editor problem.. Should be fixed now.

aeiouy, Sep 14, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  17. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you would be wrong.

Slander

Libel

No Idea what you call 'words spoken' that damage your own reputation though.

Design Agent, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  18. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    That is the funniest thing I've read all day. And, it proves that you have no idea who/what you're dealing with.

Since DigitalPoint said he'd remove this thread pending your court order, why don't you get busy on that? Why bother contributing to a thread that your mighty lawyers are going to have removed? :rolleyes:

ViciousSummer, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  19. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Its funny that a guy who pretends to have a whole legal team resorts to placing classified ads in thename of those that are involved in this thread :rolleyes: Leads me to believe this is a guy in his parents basement. As Summer said, if you believe you have a case, persue it and this whole thread goes away.

Gadood - Nice to see you earning those reds :rolleyes:

yfs1, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  20. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    What, it is. It's a right little soap opera, I'm enjoying it. You started a blog for entertainment purposes and that's how I'm looking at the whole thing. Nintendo starting the AdWords campaign for entertainment. It's nothing but!

I still think Costas is a cool guy, and there's still no proof Costas has done anything much but make a program and get upset that you don't like it and a few started to band accusations around. All of it, including the car adverts, could be down to other people.

There's your accusations again. I'm just enjoying it all, it's hilarious. Every time Costas comes back here and points out some facts - like the case of the cruise tickets.. he scores points. How he can be arsed, I don't know. But I like it. I like the blog you started and I'm keeping tabs on it. Entertainment born in reality is scarce these days so don't mind if I indulge. ;)

Gimme all the reds you got for stating that, I've got enough for honesty already. Ha.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 14, 2005 IP