1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

18th million 4 adsense cheater(s)

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by mizt, May 18, 2005.

1. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I said it before..You could be Mother Theresa but if you are sending out mass Spam (even someone in the warrior forum said they got it) and have a product that could cause someone unknowledgable to lose their AdSense account, we are going to say something. You have some control over it even if it wasn't you as its your site!

Rewording a lot of your site would be a good start. Summer also posted in this thread why she thinks it was you that sent the emails, you may want to address that too.

yfs1, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  2. cwdedes

cwdedes Peon

Best Answers:
    I did not see the post saying that I was sending the emails?

I would never send out spam.

I had two police detectives bang on my door at 8am in the morning a few months ago.

They brought copies of that email with them and complaints from a company.

That is when I found out someone was spamming using my name.

I immediately contacted Clickbank and let them know what happened.

They shut down the affiliates ID within 20 minutes so he would not get credit for any sales.

I dont know about you, but I am not interested in sitting in jail for spamming.

cwdedes, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  3. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, having just read the warrior forum thread - For all those who Say Costas is a nice guy, I couldnt care less.

This is what Costa Dedes has to say about his "knowledge" :

- Costa's website

And here is what Google has to say:

http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=4866&topic=367&hl=en

EXPLAIN THAT

Design Agent, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    T0PS3O and smindsrt like this.
  4. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Now I really wish I had one of those!!! I got about 41,000 press releases that could be optimized with a program like that!

Then advertise the pages in PPC. Visitors click the ad on for example AdWords, then click the AdSense ads, hince the name Swap Clix. I'm lucky if I get a 1% CTR!

Uggg! That's what I call a policeman with the IQ of a rock! You would think they and the complainers would know how to use E-mail to contact you!! Talk about throwing away tax money!

Nintendo, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  5. cwdedes

cwdedes Peon

Best Answers:
    As you can imagine most people who are interested on SEO information have not been on the internet for a very long time.

The general idea of that is replace Google with (WebCrawler,Altavista,Yahoo) any of the old school search engines.

If I said I was working on SEO methods for WebCrawler since 96 or 97 most people would not even know what WebCrawler is.

cwdedes, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Has Nintendo converted ... lol

yfs1, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  7. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    WebCrawler had a neat design, I liked that engine. Twas my favourite search engine at the time. That spider and the magnifying glass, the orange. Brilliant.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  8. cwdedes

cwdedes Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea Pete, but it was sooo easy to make your website listed #1 for just about anything.

Remember META stuffing and putting tons of keywords at the bottom of the page with the same text color as the back ground?

cwdedes, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  9. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I only starting learning SEO 6 months ago.

I can't imagine the earning possibilities of exploiting black hat techniques on WebCrawler and such. That would of been something. Coining all those big terms.... Mmmmmm!

You are a true veteran of SEO sir. [​IMG]

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  10. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    I have seen the light!!

His example site looks more professional than some of my sites, ie AWS sites!!!! I stink at HTML, BIG TIME!!! I'm sorry for making that AdWords campain!! Just like a guy over at WarriorForum said...

It can be true all right! Sure was for me!

It only took me 20 minutes after seeing this bumped thread and I had that AdWords campain made. Luckly it only got six clicks before Google dumped it! *Wishes all my other campains had a CTR like that, 11.5%!*

11. cwdedes

cwdedes Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Pete, there were TONS of ways to increase your rankings.

Thats why Google took off as fast as it did.

They provided relevant links to everyone.

Not spam garbage that "SEO" webmasters were providing to WebCrawler.

Now people are trying to manipulate Google like we did WebCrawler back in the day.

There are ways like "Google Bombing" that still work, but Google is always changing and that makes it harder for SEO webmasters, but better for people who are providing relevant content, which is what really matters.

So if you want to rank high on SERPs all you need to do is provide original content that other webmasters will link to :)

cwdedes, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  12. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    I miss the days where you could submit a site and it was added with in a day (Altavista) or added with in a few minutes (Infoseek)!!! :(:(:(:( Heck, submit a site to Yahoo, and you were in with in two weeks!!

13. cwdedes

cwdedes Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, but its for the better.

Remember how much garbage was on the SERPs back then?

You would find sites hosted by Geocities or Tripod that were just absolute junk and ranked #1 for all sorts of high traffic keywords.

cwdedes, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  14. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    Once I E-Mailed Infoseek asking how I could get some extra listing points for my site in the Nintendo directory, and they simply pushed the site up to the #2 spot, after Nintendo of America's listing. Now if only Google provided service as good as that!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. cwdedes

cwdedes Peon

Best Answers:
    haha Wow, thats funny.

I never thought of just asking a search engine to increase my ranking back in the day.

I should have :)

cwdedes, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  16. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Target those with little knowledge huh ?

General idea.. it is an OUTRIGHT LIE. If you wanted to say "Search Engines" you would have

So, someone doesnt know my client "joe bloggs" so ill call him Microsoft.

Thats a bold statement - I will be willing to bet that many people in here can get their site listed on Google faster than you.

Get 1 backlink to be listed in Google is all that usually needed.
    Not really a hardship

Most SEO techniques do NOT last 1 month.
    Title tag (seo technique) - lasts forever.
    Revelant content - Lasts forever.
    Blah blah..

Design Agent, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  17. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Smart move methinks. Negative campaigns are a waste of money. It would costa you a fortune!

Costa Dedes - dude, instead of trying to get heavy with the lawyers, why didn't you just take some time to explain what your gizmo does and most importantly, why / how it remains within the Google Adsense TOS???

I'll accept your explaination that an over-zealous affiliate spammed people with emails. It happens.

I'm listening - how does your gizmo thingy make someone money and remain within the strict Adsense TOS?

Remember, if an Adsense account gets disabled, that's it! Gone for life. Why should people risk their incomes on a script that may, or may not, be within the terms of service for using the Adsense program??

mcfox, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  18. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if Costa Dedes got their lawyer from an adsense ad placed by an adwords Lawyer advertising something similar to what someone would do with swapclix.

Why is Costa Dedes being so defense about communicating with us here? Personally I have a BIG problem with people who try to play middleman with adwords and adsense. Lots of people here do not. Lots of people in this thread do not. They just think what you are selling, Costa Dedes, and how it is being sold is bottom of the barrel and not really conducive to what people want to see.

Perhaps if you, Costa Dedes, didn't come across in adverts as a snake oil salesman, this all could have been avoided. I am sure your tactics work well enough for your means, but is that all that matters in this world? And what about your lawyer? Costa Dedes, Esquire? Or is it Costa Dedes Junior, Esq aka CEO of Swap Clix?

I am very confused by you taking this issue to other forums to discuss adwords, adsense, yourself (Costa Dedes), as well as your lawyer. Heck you talk about it on a warrior forum, which sounds like it has something to do with a role-playing game and nothing to do with Costa Dedes, Adwords, Adsense or SwapClix.

So what is it going to be Costa Dedes? What is the final verdict? How can this issue be resolved? Will the truth come out? Will your lawyers shut this thread down about your program Costa Dedes? Or will it prevail and expose a ray of shining light onto your product and services, and at the very least how you, Costa Dedes, offer them.

So is this the only way to become an Internet Success or are there others?

Is it possible that we just misunderstood what you were doing, Costa Dedes?

Would not be the first time a case of misunderstanding caused such a stir.

Good luck Costa Dedes.

aeiouy, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  19. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    It takes content, places AdSense where it gets the high CTR rates, like 30% if you're lucky. Then you advertise the page on PPC sites like AdWords. Some one clicks on your ad, then hopefully clicks an ad on the way out, hince the name Swap Clix. You visitors swap the clicks. Click your ad on the way in, then another ad on the way out, while you rack in the cash!!

20. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Whether we agree with Costa's product being spammy and in breech of Google's TOS at least he is here putting up a reasonable argument\explanation. Can't we actually discuss the issue rather than trying to manipulate SERPs replys and links.

dct, Sep 13, 2005 IP