1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

-1800$ Negative balance on Paypal !!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Dondidi, Feb 21, 2016.

Hello , i was scammed by someone I know , he asked to sell something for him on Paypal 2 iPhones to be exact as on eBay as Most of the credit cards in Morocco ( North Africa ) don't accept Paypal now and when I sold the iPhones on Paypal and gave his money which was about 1800$ and gave him the addresses of the buyer , I thought that was it and even forgot about it . Until the buyer that ended buying both iPhones opened unreceived claim i contacted the guy right away but stopped answering his phone number and couldn't join anywhere I tried contacting paypal but they were helpless ! Anyway they ended up giving the guy his money back and now I have -1800$ on my account and I can't pay it !
    So please tell me what can Paypal do in Morocco I know that in the us they send you to Debt collectors but I doubted it's the case and also can they sue me for fraud ?? Or they would just want their money back in which case what can they do if I can't pay it ?

Thanks

Dondidi, Feb 21, 2016 IP
  2. xplores

xplores Banned

Best Answers:
    usually you and Paypal staff can communicate this by phone, clearing all the problems, and give them all your prove that you already sent that phone. by this way, they will trust you that you are on the right side!

xplores, Feb 22, 2016 IP
    blubloc.annm likes this.
  3. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if the transaction is made via ebay, then you have to provide the tracking details. so paypal will ask the buyer to either return or will give back your money

karthimx, Feb 24, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Ultimately it's not PayPal's problem. You had an error of judgement and gave someone money for something they hadn't done. Some of life's lessons are expensive. Suck it up, go to your friend's house, talk to his parents, his neighbours, do whatever it takes to embarrass him into paying you the money back.

sarahk, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  5. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You've got a painful lesson.
    I'm not sure Paypal support will listen to your story. It doesn't matter for them. You've taken this risk and filed.
    But could you please clarify it was your friends' eBay account, right?

HelenVendo, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  6. said2006

said2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal does not have a solution for you

said2006, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  7. evilminion

evilminion Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal can, and very well may, ban you for fraud - it was your friend to do it but you helped by violating their TOS. They would likely get a debt collector at some point, not quickly, but eventually; they have nothing to lose in doing so. (If this happens you can negotiate with the debt collector; often they'll settle for as little as 50-60%)

What you should be doing now is suing this (former?) "friend" if he is ignoring you and you believe he never sent the phones, and he wont provide you with proof that he did so.

evilminion, Feb 25, 2016 IP
  8. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This is sad that it happened to you. I saw a lot of threads on forums recently where people asked others to be the middle-man for such transactions. When you accept the money from people you are responsible for them to get their product they paid for.

thedark, Feb 28, 2016 IP