1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

17 year old girl stoned to death for falling in love with the wrong boy

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by samantha pia, Jun 12, 2007.

1. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    To Alaska:
    Edit: okay I see Sammie Already given you the links..

You think public stoning is not bothersome? geez, you aint a human...

The Webmaster, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am actually against the death sentence, but I believe that I have no right to tell the victims families of people like Timothy Mc Veigh what I believe justice should be. They wanted him dead and I respect that. There are certain things you can do IMO to lose your right to live.

Compare this to what this girl did. Sometimes you need to just apply a little bit of common sense, no matter what your pre-existing opinion is about the U.S.

Blogmaster, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'd have to agree with Mike here, the death penalty really only serves one purpose, the least of which is a deterrent.

I kinda like Singapore's methods. Flogging with a cane. Of course you have to do something wrong to get this type of punishment. Generally falling in love with the wrong boy is not something that constitutes a public flogging...

Mia, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Oh but it is so wrong to flog poor little rich spoiled American brats 'tagging' the cars there isn't it....

Good thing happens when you keep the punishment in place even for the spoiled brat. That was probably the first time those poor kids ever got punished for something. (I hope you remember the story so I don't look like a rambling fool.)

debunked, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    When I saw a pic of the dudes ass after the flogging, I felt really bad. Not sure if someone here has it, but it looked a lot worse than what I thought. But then I remembered the parts in the Bible talking about sparing the rod and spoiling the child. Maybe the answer is indeed that if your parents didn't kick your ass when you did wrong, someone needs to do it.
    I know one thing for sure though:
    If I ever go to Singapore, I will make sure I will familiarize myself with the laws first.

6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    One thing you notice in Singapore is how gosh darned clean it is.. There is a reason for that... Flogging seems to work.

Personally, I'd rather see Paris Hilton flogged than spend every waking moment hearing about her in the news.

Nah, debunked.. I know exactly what you are talking about.

Mia, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    LOL can you imagine the media coverage that would get. ;)

8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You're right.. my bad...

Something tells me getting your picture taken with a DP member would be punishment enough for her...:eek::eek::eek:

Mia, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    True public humiliation works wonders. Nintendo taught me that ;)

10. kafer

kafer Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of you are just bunch of idiots; you can’t grasp the idea of objectivity. You are unable to view something without influence of feelings or emotions which in your case is hatred toward Islam. Based on facts, I was presenting my argument denying the allegation made against Muslim people on this particular thread. Just because I don’t believe in Islam it doesn’t mean I’d blindly accept your lies, truth must be told whatever.

Some of you have just learned few words (Taqiyya/Kitman) trying to impress others with them. Even though their knowledge about them is very superficial.

I’m not concealing my faith, I’ve nothing to gain from doing so, I say what I think is right without influence of feelings or emotions. If you’ve just read my other posts you’d know me better. For instance you could have just looked at this post: :confused:

kafer, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    So what you are telling us is that we should lean back, eat some popcorn and enjoy the show. Today's feature is the killing of a 17 year old girl. Her crime is to follow her heart. OK, I am in desperate need of someone like you to introduce me to the pleasures of parttaking in the celebration of that.
    Help me out here.
    Are you keeping one or two hands on your keyboard when you watch that video?

12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    A hatred of killing innocent is more like it.

Kind of like learning a few verses and phrases from the Quran and then spout off at the mouth all the while completely oblivious of what you just said.

I'm pretty much convinced that your faith is emotionless. You've pretty well put that theory to rest for me.

Mia, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  13. kafer

kafer Peon

Best Answers:

Of course not. I want the guilty to take the blame in this case the Yazidi and if they did that barbaric act in the name of their religion then their religion should be shamed and denounced. Islam is culprit on many other occasions but not on this one. That's what I'm trying to point out( "A" commit a crime, "B" gets accused and takes the blame for it!).

kafer, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  14. kafer

kafer Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about? If you have anything to say then please bring it on!

kafer, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  15. alaska88

alaska88 Peon

Best Answers:

13 have already been executed

alaska88, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  16. tonyuka

tonyuka Peon

Best Answers:
    What can I say I found it very disturbing, dont get me wrong people get killed in the west or eastern europe for similiar things when i say that i mean being jealous x boyfriend etc ok.. but not stoned to death but kicked to death I live in glasgow scotland and there is practially murders every weekend which apparantly seem to be over the most trivial things,I really did feel sorry for this girl about what happened to her I think the people responsible are pathetic I myself would not call my self a religious person but if some one needed my help I would help basically, there is a lot of bad people in the world and thats life i guess ,even although it,s appaling,I really do not think that where this incident took place , the people involved are going to get any sympathy in this type of pathetic behaviour... basically the whole thing is a shambles and I honestly think that most countrys in the world would not sympathise to this,,,,, so there is a majority over a minority I have done buisness with muslim people and asian and most are very pleasant I get on ok with them but this act is so wrong in my eyes... I hope the world community finds out about this incident and general public..:confused:

tonyuka, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  17. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot compare killings in Glasgow done in affect or under influence of alcohol with the murder of this girl. What we see in the video is a society that accepts that action and its a totally different world from Glasgow.

login, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  18. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you mean the object of death or stoning?

i think it is hatred of killing a young girl for the capitol crime of falling in love.

based on facts? well the fact is that i have not once said that the OP was about religion, i am glad you now accept that. as for the facts from other links of islamic stonings that have been posted, the film footage kinda blows your fact based defence out the window if you are trying to tell us islamic states does not stone people to death.

We have seen the same footage of islamic stonings, we have seen the truth, you are the one that is telling lies here. we have seen the evidence.

i think it is hard for you to grasp the concept of emotion, when you have been conditioned by islam to treat the death of young women with the contempt you do, and thats a sad fact.

samantha pia, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  19. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I Have kind of stayed out of this thread because I was involved in a thread about the exact same incident at beginning of may here
    Here is post #29 of that thread...
    "This is all very complex. When I first read the original post I thought it was islam, because stoning people to death is kind of an islamic thing. The people that did this though was from the Yezidi religion. From what I found out islam and muslim community has been oppressing them for years and hatred has grown between the Yezidi religion and islamic followers. Before this thread I had never heard of the Yezidi. The Yezidi actually welcomed the US invasion because they had been treated so bad by the muslims. So, this Yezidi girl fell in love with a muslim, romeo and juliet...and this is a result of all that hatred.
    It would be better if there was real law enforcement out there, not based on what religion you are but based on laws that apply to all. That is why I believe religion and government should be seperate. The article said law enforcement was there but did nothing, in a just society they would fire that law enforcement and possibly prosecute them. This should never been allowed to happen. If somehow they were unable to stop it on time, the police should be hunting down the 10 men that did this and prosecuting them. But it seems like in countries where religion is the law, somehow things get twisted and are corrupt."

I think kafer believes that some people are looking at this and thinking Islamic people did this, when in reality this woman was stoned to death by non-islamics for converting to Islam and her islamic boyfriend. In memory and respect of this girl that basically died to convert to islam and be with her islamic boyfriend, truth should be told. I think that is all kafer might be trying to say...

Rebecca, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    So why giving an excuse to A?