1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

17 Effective ways for marketing your website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tameem, Dec 29, 2009.

Hello All,

Here are 17 effective ways for marketing your website:

1 - Web content:

what make me come back to a website many times is content in that web. So, more good content will bring you good visitors. Therefore, A lot of experts say: content is king.

2 - Building SEO website:

Getting top position in Google, Yahoo and MSN will drive to your website flood of free traffic for long time.
    I suggest you to start working on this part.

3 - Publishing Articles:

publishing articles about your product features or services you provide will increase number of one way links and amount of visitors to your website

4 - Press Release:

Press Release is a recorded statement for making announcements. With the help of press releases you can provide important announcements regarding the web site’s information such as launch of new products, services, or news conferences, events, …etc.

5 - Web Directory:

I called it golden mine of backlinks. It is an important way to have thousands of backlinks which is essential part in building SEO website

6 - Blog:

Blog commenting is an excellent marketing tool to drive traffic to your online presence and building backlinks but it must be done in planed-out manner. you should keep in mind three things:

** choose blogs in your niche

** target well-ranked blogs

** leave meaningfull comments

7 - Social Networks:

Since the evolution of WEB2.0 social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Squidoo are the hottest zones on the Internet today. Millions of people visit these sites daily for making friends or for promoting their products or services.

8 - Rss Submission:

RSS means Really Simple Syndication. RSS is a group of web feeds used to publish frequently updated content such as blog entries, news headlines, announcements, launch of a new product. An RSS document, which is called a "feed" or "web feed", contains either a summary of content from an associated web site or the full text. There we can include links to the web site pages for which we want to get one way links.

9 - Affiliate Marketing:

Online affiliate programs are one of the most cost-effective ways to market your products to a wide range of potential customers. You have the benefits of a commission-based sales force but without any of the hassles of managing actual employees.

10 - Forums:

It is a place where people who have same interest talk to each other and exchange ideas. Adding valuable ideas will encourage people to click on your signature to visit your website.

11 - Ezine:

Ezines is an online form of newsletters, where Website owners use ezines to keep in touch and build a relationship with their visitors. Ezines are used to share news, updates, and website promotions. You can place an ad for your website, product, or service in various ezines.

12 - Classified Ads:

Online Classified Ads' is an effective way to start Marketing and advertising campaign for those who are at the initial stage of their online business and wants to promote their business at a low cost. One can have a great outcome from classified ads if it is posted properly.

13 - Banners:

These banners are used to attract the attention of the people in a community and tempt the readers to visit a particular promotional event or a sale in your website. The message to be conveyed in these advertising media should be simple, catchy, brief and must be understood clearly by all the persons to whom it is intended for.

14 - Pay per Click:

You pay only when a visitor clicks on your Ad. In addition you can choose your Geotargets Customers.

15 - Ebay:

Selling on eBay can be a good way to start a new business if you are willing to put in the time and energy required to make the business a success. eBay is also a good option for existing businesses to expand their reach by selling online. By selling on ebay you start build trust for your website.

16 - Autoresponder:

An autoresponder is a software program that automatically sends a prewritten reply to anyone who uses your autoresponder address. It works 24/7 everyday of the year.

17 - Publishing Video:

The New York Times has reported that 70% of all web visitors watch online video. The average YouTube visitor spends 27 minutes watching video every single day. These statistics alone should be enough to convince you of the importance of online video.

At the end I hope you get full info you need for marketing your website.

tameem, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  2. seawind

seawind Active Member

Best Answers:
    very googd article

seawind, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  3. king99

king99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice ideas ..good job

king99, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  4. aadisharma

aadisharma Peon

Best Answers:
    We haven't been using videos to their full potential on our websites and blogs

aadisharma, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  5. ziyaul

ziyaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

thank you very much for your information, really am searching this kind of informations only, it will very useful to me

ziyaul, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  6. jrw1978

jrw1978 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice list. It's all too easy to stick to just one or two methods of promotion and forget about all the other methods that you could be using.

jrw1978, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  7. biglegg

biglegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Really good information, i think the biggest point now is to use video on your websites, this makes a bigger impression especially with some great content.

biglegg, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  8. techmorghe

techmorghe Peon

Best Answers:
    very useful information

techmorghe, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  9. HOD-Jardin

HOD-Jardin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you :)

Ebay is useless for my line of work

HOD-Jardin, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  10. curtisdawson

curtisdawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, great tips!

curtisdawson, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  11. Grimmfang

Grimmfang Member

Best Answers:
    Good list but not everyone is selling products.

Grimmfang, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  12. vegas k

vegas k Guest

Best Answers:
    thank you for the great information i need all the help i can get:)

vegas k, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  13. vegas k

vegas k Guest

Best Answers:
    I found this article i thought it was interesting and wanted to share it. I sent a link to this at the bottom of this page if you want to read the entire article.
    Lisa M. Francis recognized the impact this trend will have on the local market and created CagarySEM.com to assist local businesses with their transition online.
    They need to move to where their customers are -- and today that means moving online," says Lisa M. Francis an IT professional and Internet Marketing expert in Calgary.
    Lisa created CalgarySEM.com, combining her technology and business experience, to help local businesses get noticed online.
    It may incorporate article and video marketing, blogging, local business directories, forums, social media and pay-per-click campaigns", says Lisa. "Your goal should be a 3 point domination including the local, natural and pay-per-click search results."
    You must be sure that your website can be found by your customers and that means it has to be picked up by the search engines", explains Lisa M. Francis.
    People use search engine tools like Google, Yahoo, MSN to find the answer to their questions and to simply navigate through the Internet.
    (PRWEB) -- For years, businesses have relied on marketing strategies like cold calling, direct mail, and yellow pages to promote their business and get new customers.
    "We are experiencing a complete shift in consumer behavior and savvy business owners know they need to re-direct their marketing resources.
    Approximately, every 10 - 20 years a new marketing trend emerges that changes the landscape of business.
    The second-largest online activity, after email, is search.
    To find out more on this article visit
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20091231/bs_prweb/prweb3392794_1
    Let me know what you think about this article?

vegas k, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  14. mjnetwork

mjnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    great list, thanks for share :)

mjnetwork, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  15. BuddhistLove

BuddhistLove Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! That looks like a very high quality and detailed list. Thanks for that. When I get back into blogging I'll be sure to implement as many of those strategies as I can! Thanks again!

BuddhistLove, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  16. HireMyGig

HireMyGig Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for presenting this nice list of goodies for a website popularity.

At one point, I believe, every webmaster knows where the best traffic comes from and insists on that way of advertising. In fact that's what we all do, pretty much every day, advertising. Strange thing isn't it? We all depend on traffic and traffic depends on us.

HireMyGig, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  17. lifeislife

lifeislife Peon

Best Answers:
    Added to my internet marketing approach favorite folder. Thanks.

lifeislife, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  18. Buildingbodies

Buildingbodies Active Member

Best Answers:
    My stats show that for MY SITE (yours may be different) youtube videos, social networks and forum posting seem to be the best way of marketing (in terms of visitors) for the time I spend on them.

Youtube and forum posting seem to have a longer effect from the action than social networks do but social networks can hit big now and then with traffic.

Just my two cents.

Buildingbodies, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  19. QuackWare

QuackWare Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with a lot of these methods since I have used them myself

QuackWare, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  20. desken

desken Peon

Best Answers:
    Good tips, thanks for sharing. I never thought about publishing video marketing until now.

desken, Jan 1, 2010 IP