1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

17 Clicks, Bounce Rate:100%, Time Spent on Site: 0:00 Seconds

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by bwrx02, Sep 13, 2007.

This is the stats I got from google analytics for today. Over the pass 3 day, any traffic I get from yahoo has a bounce rate of over 97% (over 70 clicks and majority of the clicks came from websites that only contain ads). This is the first time I ever used yahoo so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Worst of all, yahoo automatically charged my CC for another $30 without my consent (I still had $45 dollars left on my account).:mad:

bwrx02, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would not be happy or impressed with the stats at all. I am suprised the sites where just sites with ads and nothing else. Does not sound good to me.

rcj662, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  3. bwrx02

bwrx02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I was truly not happy with the situation. One thing I can say about Yahoo is that they have excellent customer service. :) I email Billing 2 hours ago and I received a reply already. They are going to reverse the CC charge. As soon as Yahoo finally bans these template site with just Ad like Google did, I will be coming back.

bwrx02, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  4. gary101

gary101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

You will get a high bounce rate and low visitor time if your traffic only visit one page, to see accurate statistics visitors need to visit more than one page because analytics has no way of measuring the time spent on a single page. So really your stats are false if you are sending traffic to a single page.

gary101, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  5. bwrx02

bwrx02 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the newbie question but does that mean that if a visitor visit only one page, the Time Spent on Site will show 0 seconds?

bwrx02, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  6. gary101

gary101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I believe it will - you might be able to find out more from the help sections within analytics.

gary101, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  7. ocf44

ocf44 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yahoo has the ability to charge your account without your consent. If your balance drops below your 3 day average click charge, it automatically charges you that amount. That is why I typically contact customer support and ask to have my payment plan switched. That way you can add funds whenever you want, and you will never be charged without doing it manually.

ocf44, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  8. Comenius

Comenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately it seems as if a lot of the MFA sites that have been kicked out of AdSense have moved over to YPN. As a result, I find I get a lot of junk clicks from pure ads sites coming from Yahoo.

Fortunately you can use their blocked domain feature to stop them once you know who they are. It's a bit of a pain though to have to manually check your logs all the time. Hopefully Yahoo will turn up its enforcement so that they have far fewer MFA sites in their network.

Comenius, Dec 1, 2007 IP