1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1600 years old Bible vs Today's Bible..?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by matttiya88, Aug 13, 2009.

matttiya88, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  2. nitreb

nitreb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You read the whole bible? :eek:

I'm shocked, the bible of today is not the same as one from 1600 years ago.

nitreb, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  3. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Read 10 minutes per day and you can get through it in less than a year.
    The manuscripts from 1900+ years ago are the same and the Greek is not hard to read, the Hebrew and Aramaic parts are a little harder.

tbarr60, Aug 13, 2009 IP
  4. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    nothing new, even Christians know that the bible has been edited, don't think there are many who bother reading it, else they would be shocked with the stories of rape, insect, murder..etc they find there, it is almost impossible to know in exact, all the parts that has been added or removed, or changed, but still you can guess, rape, murdering, or things like (God killed 29 kids cos they called a prophet baldy) are not hard to know, that they been added, maybe to fit some army's agenda at some point in history, but with all the changes that been made on it, it still does not say Jesus said "I m God worship me!"

in fact early "Christians" like Ebionites, Cerinthians, Basilideans, Carpocratians and the Hypsistarians believed Jesus (pbuh) was human, not a God or son of God,

Jesus (pbuh) was only considered the son of God in 325 A.D. at the grand council of Nicaea, where there been a voting by humans to consider another human as a son of God.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    imad, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  5. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Bible/Koran are man made, best to just read an magazine article like Mens Fitness or Playboy.

wwws, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  6. Radz

Radz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    your statement is wrong about "Quran" Nobody has made any changes to Quran, its same like it was in past (1400 years ago)

and BTW i am talking about Arabic Quran, not translation.. same rule apply to Bible, original bible named " Injeel" was in Hebrew language.. not English or Greek or any other.. so these are just translation, not original Bible.

Radz, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  7. samser_m

samser_m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you are very right... thanks! :)

samser_m, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  8. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Breaking news:
    We have better tools to understand the nature than what the people who came 1,600 years before us had.

These are:
    Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Cosmology, and several more - all combined.

Who needs the bibles of all sorts today, except those who refuse/can't use their brain?

It seems that you separate between "the religion of god" and "the bible". Aren't these inseparable? if you think they are, what exactly you name as "religion of god"?
    (remember that the word "religion" refers to a large group of people, not an individual. a large group of people need a common thing - like a bible, a statue, or a story, to relate to before they are believers of a certain religion.)

ChaosTrivia, Aug 14, 2009 IP
  9. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Imad sorry, but you are incorrect. There are still people that are read the first bible that was made out there today. The first bible was ratified at the council of hippo and carthage and if you do enough research instead of making blanket statements you can verify it. Also it isnt enough to read the bible. You must also be able to have some knowledge of the original aramaic and hebrew that Jesus spoke not only to be able to understand the bible but also understand the meaning behind it as Jesus himself wanted the ancient Hebrews and everyone now to understand.

Again you are incorrect about Jesus only being considered the son of god hundreds of years later. Throughout the new testament jesus himself referred to himself as being equal with god. If you know your aramiac and ancient hebrew he referred to himself as I AM, and this was why he was berrated and screamed at by the crowds and that is why they started stoning him. The old testament also foretold him coming as isiah called him the emmanuelle, the everlasting father, theprince of peace. Notice how Isiah used the words " everlasting father" and " prince of peace" in the same sentence to describe the savior jesus christ.
    Prince meaning the son of the king and everlasting father meaning the king himself.

You know the Koran Imad but you really are lacking in bible knowledge my friend.

Seek and you shall find:)

Radz you are also 50% correct. The original bible was translated from both hebrew and aramaic. As far as the Koran, I have friends from all religions. Instead of putting their faith down I try to reach them through teh common points that all human beings share (brotherhood of man, love and charity)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    pingpong123, Aug 15, 2009 IP