1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

16,342,654th AdSense cheater!!!!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Nintendo, May 10, 2005.

1. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    AMCY - Your huge blog title is messing up every thread you have posted in for those of use with 1024x768. Might want to take a few words off that :eek:

yfs1, May 26, 2005 IP
  2. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Well, if "made for AS" was a crime, they would have locked me up a loooooong time ago.

:D

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, May 26, 2005 IP
  3. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    It actually is a crime. It's in TOS.

Not as blantant as 'Please click the Google ads on this page it helps keep us going'...Now that's blatant

Homer, May 26, 2005 IP
  4. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    I just switched to my laptop (800x600) for a moment to see what u r talking about. Yep: looks like my blog heading is causing some serious horizontal scrolling.

I need some time to think about the best solution for this. Thanks for pointing it out.

AmCy

5. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    I think I need to go over that TOS again. I don't think I have a full grasp of the precise meaning of "made for AS."

I have a site that I am developing now; it's had AS on it so that I can earn some nickels while I develop the content. Would you consider this site (see below) "made for AS" as it is now?

debtsettlement_dot_ws

Opinions welcome.

AmCy

6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Cheers, I have to put you on my ignore list for now so that the threads are readable so don't take it personally ;)

I'm going to take you back off once its sorted.

yfs1, May 26, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    AmCy: What I can recall reading in TOS really doesn't elaborate on 'made for adsense' I think it will come down to exact translation. Ask yourself 'why am I building this site'. The answer should NOT be AdSense...that simple :)

Homer, May 26, 2005 IP
  8. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    It's not that simple to me.

Every site I put online is up for a reason: to make me some money (with very few exceptions, like my boycott now site.) I have no day job. I make my living online. I have no trust fund. My baby needs diapers and all kinds of new shoes! I think u see my point.

Now, I always endeavor to build websites that will have some use to somebody out there, and hopefully will be useful to lots of folks. If AS will monetize my efforts, then great! If not AS, then I'll use Yahoo (whenever that comes out) or some other program that will allow me to generate income from my websites.

So, I'm still not sure what "made for AS" is all about. OK: I'm done rambling.

AmCy

9. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I understand completely. Really not sure what I can say to help you out. I personally think this is pushing the line www. quickeasycredit.net/page6.html

In my mind I create websites for other reasons first and foremost keeping AdSense out of the picture hence a very clear theme in the eyes of Google. Indeed your children must be fed...most important of all.

Maybe this can help you

Homer, May 26, 2005 IP
  10. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    Heh...I'm not cry for help here. I just want to play this game in a fair way, that's all. I think AS is the greatest thing since...well...the Internet itself, and I don't want to do anything that would make it appear as though I am trying to take advantage of the system.

Oh, and I'm not able to access your webmaster world link. Requires login :( .

AmCy

11. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I hear yu. You know, I was concerned about the site in my signature complying with TOS. So I emailed a link to Google and asked the question. They responded IN WRITING that it was fine. So I can sleep well now :)

Try this link. It's the first one in serps.

I know your not crying for help...I just like to help when I can ;)

Homer, May 26, 2005 IP
  12. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    They got to be nuts to snail mail a letter when E-Mail is much faster and easior!!!!!

Nintendo, May 26, 2005 IP
  13. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you serious?

Liminal, May 26, 2005 IP
  14. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Sorry Nintendo, IN WRITING meant email. That's goodnuf for me :)

Homer, May 26, 2005 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    it's great that you have the confirmation... but did you expect anything other than (email) writing? A wee chat on the phone perhaps?

sarahk, May 26, 2005 IP
  16. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Sure why not? Phone me, write me, email me, fax me, wine me, dine me...just tell me it's OK :)

Homer, May 26, 2005 IP
    www.AmCy.org likes this.
  17. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    That's crap, the usefull sites are already there, you build websites purely to make money as you yourself said...if the sites are predominately there to make money from adsense all your site is doing is sending traffic to the type of site that should have come up in the first place, people who design sites for adsense are just placing themselves in the middle to make money for themselves.

Sorry to be so blunt but I am sick of doing a search and going to what should be a relevant site to find it full of adsense banners...then I go to another site and find the same thing......its getting out of control, every second site on the net now seems to be there only for adsense money.

And that's the reason why I don't use content in my Adwords campaigns.
    At every Forum I visit people are saying the same thing, they turn off the content ads because they don't work anymore. Too many people are being tricked into clicking on the ads or because of the fraud issue.

You can also see in the Adwords stats that more and more publishers are turning off the content ads. Just check your position in search and again in content and there is a huge difference..... content is the only area where it is getting cheaper by the week for keywords.

I do have adsense on some of my sites but it's purely there for people to use IF they don't find the right answer or product on my site, which is how it is meant to be used.
    Anything else is against the TOS and the sooner Google start shutting out those sites the better.

Cyclops, May 26, 2005 IP
  18. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    If you feel so adamant about your position, then you should take down your credit card application site that you have in your signature. There are PLENTY of credit card application sites already on the Internet. You site is just superfluous, accoridng to your doctrine.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, May 27, 2005 IP
  19. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    We are talking about Adsense, don't try and justify by attack, it's better to just let it go.

I'm also sorry that I vented at your post, i'm not having a go at you personally.......there are millions of other people creating sites just for the Adsense revenue. People should realise that if they stay inside the guidelines everyone will benefit.
    If adsense continues to be abused it will kill it for everyone.

Cyclops, May 27, 2005 IP
  20. www.AmCy.org

Best Answers:
    No attack. I am simply pointing out the flaw in your argument. If you are going to vent, then surely you are ready and willing to read my rebuttle.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, May 27, 2005 IP