1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$150 for the winner $50 second place for designing a bag label

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Feb 22, 2008.

1. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's some revisions. Made the WPC the main element and the 3kg part smaller. It might still be too basic or something for you but you know how I feel about impact and stuff ;)

[​IMG]

Off for food now!

Davey.

DaveyBoy, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  2. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Davey and Mora.

Davey, the new one is an improvement. I can now see other elements beside 3kg :D Yes, it is still a little basic but it's making progress. Once you get the size of the text right everything else will be just some work to balance it. Logo size: good. WPC size: good. whey protein concentrate: not so good. needs to be smaller and needs to be some kind of explanation for WPC so it needs to somehow go directly under WPC. All Natural-Unflavoured Whey Protein size: good. Fully Instantised size needs to be smaller than All Natural-Unflavoured Whey Protein Everything else looks good.

While you go to eat I need to get some rest now because tomorrow morning I got to go to church (proteindude is one of them church going dudes) but I will most certainly comeback with reviews because this design while it may look simple is very important to me.

proteindude, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  3. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmmm well it's cooking at the moment takes a little while! So i've come back and changed it a bit. This is it for today though, long as the basics are right I can try and change it some more I guess.

[​IMG]

Daveyyyyyy.

4. Nebuk

Nebuk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every changes needed will be made.

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Nebuk, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  5. NightVisioN

NightVisioN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Great job Nebuk!

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

NightVisioN, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  6. mora

mora Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,
    here is new version after revisions...
    I changed a composition little bit (hope this looks less busy now). I tryed to follow text sizes in the doc file - WPC is really huge now. And I removed some sharp edges (not so much, it will not seems so sharpy if the bag will be loaded..). I also add there some cut-offs which makes it looks lighter and cleaner. Let me know if it's better now. I like it now, but any changes are possible offcourse :).
    Regards.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

mora, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  7. Imba.Unknown

Imba.Unknown Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Imba.Unknown, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  8. nwsn3twrkshp

nwsn3twrkshp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my entry
    [​IMG]

nwsn3twrkshp, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  9. mora

mora Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Another idea, open to any changes...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

mora, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  10. aimres

aimres Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feedback Plz.

aimres, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  11. weblazer

weblazer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here's my design

[​IMG]

weblazer, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  12. zeniusivanisher

zeniusivanisher Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

designed in CMYK, 300 dpi
    feedback appreciated! : )

zeniusivanisher, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  13. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not sure all these bags are correct? I think he said it would be printed directly onto the bag. This is why I didn't like do full white areas on mine as it would look weird printed on a bag like that. Looks great as stickers though just not sure it's how it'll be.

14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will come back shortly with some feedback, but I just wanted to say the British dude (davey) is right again. The whole bag will be red and the whole design will be printed directly onto the bag. It won't be a sticker but a whole bag. So instead of silver, the bag will be fully red.

15. Ariestoteles

Ariestoteles Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1st draft, available on ready print format

[​IMG]

Ariestoteles, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First of all thanks to everyone who entered this contest. Some very strong entries I received. So far everyone who entered entered on the thread which is appreciated.

Davey: #23. As far as the size of the text goes it's spot on. I mean the sizes you've used for the text are representing exactly the importance of the text in the order I want to present it. Now, as far as the design goes it's an overall very pleasing design. I want to stress this: for your design to be picked it does not have to be fancy. I am more after style and simplicity but I don't want plain. I am not saying your design is plain, I am just reinforcing what I am after. The one thing that I don't like is how both the logo and the WPC are in the same white panel. I think they would look better separate. So perhaps you could just use some white rectangle, or oval or whatever just for the logo. Everything else looks good.

Nebuk: thanks for the entry. It looks good and can't really fault it. However, it looks a little plain. I don't mind simple but I prefer something that's not plain. I am not sure what you can do to improve it, but if I was to consider it it would need to be a little more stylish.

NightVision: thanks for the submission. I have seen a lot of great logos that you did and you are certainly a very talented individual. However, I feel like this work is not one of your strong entries. Let me start with the size of the text: WPC needs to be a lot bigger as it is the most important of all the text. Fully Instantised needs to be smaller than All Natural - Unflavoured Whey Protein. I would also want the logo separate from WPC. I mean I don't want the logo and the WPC to be in the same panel. I would not waste your time if I thought you would not stand a chance. Again, I really like your style but if you want to continue you need to change the size of the text as per my instructions above. Also, try leaving a little more space between the lines (for example All natural is too close to fully instantised and the bottome sentence which looks great font wise is also almost touching the line underneath).

mora: #26 Thank you for the new submission. While it's an improvement it's not heading in the right direction. It looks still too sharp for me. I would prefer something a little more round, a little more neutral. I feel while it's unique in a sense, it's not what I am after. Sometimes it's good to risk it and go against the "requirements" but this time it's not working. Still too sharp for me. It feels like you tried a little too hard.

Imba: #27 The text looks good size wise. I like that white curvy part for the logo. Somehow I liked your first entry better. Except for the size of the text it was more stylish. The first one was looking more together somehow. This new one has too many different fonts which don't make it stylish. Also the 3kg star attracts too much attention and 3kg is not that important.

nwsn3twrkshp: thanks for the entry. First of all I've also seen some of your work and you make a great asset to dp. However, this entry is not one of your stronger designs. based on the dimensions it should be in a portrait form while yours looks more like a landscape. The red you chose (at least on my screen) is a little washed out and doesn't seem to match the original red of the logo. The whole design is a little too complex and a little hard to read.

mora: #29. Sorry but not going in the right direction. It's a little too complex for me. I prefer something simple and stylish.

aimres: thanks for the submission but not going in the right direction. It's too complex and hard to read. My eyes don't know which part to read first. Also, the most important element of the whole design which is WPC is completely missing.

weblazer: thanks for entering this. I will get straight to the point: too complex. Needs to be simplified. 3kg is too big as it's not important. I think there is too much red and white whick makes it hard to read. The fonts you chose though are really great.

zenius: thanks for the submission. Both of them are too complex for me. I need something simpler that is easier to read. The text seems to be too cramped together and it's too big.

Ari: glad to see you enter this. VERY strong entries. Very simple and yet very, very stylish. They are also easy to read. Perhaps the bottom sentence is too close to the bottom. You got the right idea with the bags and thank you for presenting the idea as a fully finished product (exactly what the bags will look like if I choose your design which at the moment looks like a very strong contender). I will ask you though if you can present the entries as a flat image so I can read it easier. The only complaint is it looks burgundy not red but I am sure that can be easily fixed.

NOW PLEASE EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION: I very much appreciate your work and I believe it's only fair to provide feedback. However, I am only suggesting what would improve your designs. I am not requesting changes. It is entirely up to you if you do those changes because in the end there can only be one winner and a second place.

17. coolwanz

coolwanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Design Proposition for PROTEINDIRECT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

coolwanz, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  18. XFactorLogo

XFactorLogo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Frankly, I think it's crazy how many phenomenal designs are in this thread.

XFactorLogo, Feb 23, 2008 IP
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    coolwanz: thanks heaps for entering this. While there is no denial you are extremely talented, this design while great is a little too complex for me. I prefer something simpler, easier to read for this contest. Perhaps if you can simplify it a little so it's a little easier to read. Man I am breathing so heavily now. It takes real guts to say to coolwanz his design is not the one. Coolwanz, I also want to say thanks for placing the label on the actual red bag.

Perhaps it would help everyone if I mention which designs are closest to what I am after. So far I like Ari's the best (#35 and #40): simple and stylish but wrong shade of red. I also like Davey Boy #23 but it's got too much white. I also like imba #14 but the wrong size font. And NightVision one's not too bad either except that again the WPC is too small. Hope this helps.

Xfactor, I agree with you. There are some really great designs. Just as a side issue, Xfactor, I noticed you're from California. The protein for this product actually comes from California (somewhere near Visalia).

20. Ariestoteles

Ariestoteles Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for feedback mate, here's draft flat version

[​IMG]

Ariestoteles, Feb 23, 2008 IP