1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$15 for evidence of a worse web host than KVCHosting.com

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Jim_Westergren, Mar 19, 2006.

Ok, that was enough. Now I am really getting pissed.

I have been hating web hosters since a while now but this one took the grand price: Steve (Stephen) Johns of KVCHosting.com

Read the story here:

http://www.jimwestergren.com/i-start-to-hate-web-hosts/

You get $15 if you find evidence of a more worse host. Payment via paypal.

Jim_Westergren, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  2. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Your $15 is safe, imho!

That has to be the worst customer service I've ever heard of!

mcfox, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  3. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    MyGigHost.com

I had 3-4 sites with them. Suddenly one day all accounts closed down without warning or notification. After some desperate searching on forums etc. I found a thread in which the hoster wrote: “I have to go to university”.

Aaahh is this called professionalism. :eek: crap

I would better suggest for a dedicated server at a cost of around 100-200$p.m. with all different ip's.

Some of these idiotic non-professional hosters are just resellers.
    who either run away or dont know how to handle their clients.

and losing data is more costlier than the Host charges, well even if you restructure the data again - original is original.

Well i have my site hiifii.com at 3ix.com. they are good hosts and my site is also a small one.but i dont like moving it to my new hosting.
    The problem with 3ix is that forum suddenly goes of sometimes and when i check my cpanel i dont even find my database. :eek:
    I feel like - oh , shit why didn't i take a backup :(
    but then its back after 15minutes. Mailed them many tiems and they say - Hello sir, we dont say any downtime of your site.
    wtf!

amitpatel_3001, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  4. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    shocking and scary.

EDIT - lol..amit is too fast.

poseidon, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  5. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am interested in this. But how can it be different c-class IPs?

6. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
  7. praveen

praveen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    damn..
    what a bunch of ****** customer service.

praveen, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  8. projectw3

projectw3 Banned

Best Answers:
    Can I add another horror story?
    I posted this in webhostingtalk.com
    ========================================================
    Hi,

For those looking for a webhost, please avoid ucvhost.com
    Had a nightmare with their service.

I thought of giving them a try by signing up for an account. I got a welcome message with the instructions for setting up my website. Up to this stage, everything is fine. After that it all went downhill.

I changed my domain, hosted with godaddy to point to their nameservers. While I let the dns propogate, I uploaded my website and to my surprise, I find that their windows hosting plan does not support CDOSYS. CDOSYS is a commonly supported feature, one that most web developers take for granted that it's there. But they do support ASPEmail, ...ahh..., so that means I have to change all my scripts. I was thinking to myself, it's ok, i don't mind the extra work. For that kind of budget, I'm not expecting much.

After a FULL 12 hours, the domain name still failed to propogate. I know we should be waiting up to 48hrs for the changes to take place. So I pinged the name servers and to my horror, I get an unknown host error. I quickly logged in to godaddy and tried changing the nameservers to the IP address given in the email. But godaddy denied my change and generated an error saying that the "IP is not a TLD address" and therefore cannot be named as nameservers. This happened not once but several times. I sent them 3 emails with regards to this and did not receive a single reply.

At this point, I quickly signed up with another web host and make the transfer in godaddy. Within 2 hours, the transfer is completed and my website is working fine.

Knowing that they have a 30-day money back guarantee, I sent them a request to have my money refunded but again no answer. When I asked for the refund via live chat, the person kept dodging the issue by saying,"It's not about the money. The issue is you having experienced a bad service."

I was thinking, if it's not an issue, just give me my money back! As my website is already on another hosting account, I'm not going to migrate it again. I already lost a full day and that was crtitical as Google is starting to index my website. With a single day of downtime, I suddenly found all the pages that Google had indexed gone.

So I pressed for the refund. At this point, the live chat guy got angry and kept saying that,"It's not our fault. IT'S YOUR FAULT.YOU DIDN'T CHANGE THE NAME SERVERS"

Phew! Talk about bad customer service. So I said,"Whatever, just give me my money back.Maybe next time we work on something together."

And the reply? "Since it's not our fault, there'll be a 50% commission."
    I was too disappointed with them that I agreed. 50%, ok, just refund me the money. They told me to send an email to and and again I received a reply asking me to change my nameservers to point to theirs. Sigh.

I just sent another email to but I'm not expecting a reply. I also went to their website to look for someone on livechat but I couldn't get anyone there.

I've been a web developer for 4 years now and this is the worst encounter I've had with a hosting provider. At this point, I don't think I'll ever get my money back. I don't expect I will and I don't wish the same to happen to anybody out there.

Watch out for these guys ucvhost.com
    The above incident is perfectly true.

Latest update:
    Hello,
    Why do you want to cancel your account.
    IF you are facing any query please mail us. We assure you we will fix the issue asap.

Kindly reply soon.
    Thanks and Regards,
    RenewalsDepartment
    UCVhost.com
    There is no renewal dept. I read from the forum that this is actually run by an Indian man in India. My bad that I didn't do my due diligence properly.
    Apparently, no such thing as 30 day money back guarantee. They do not honor their word. My advise is, don't do business with them. :mad:

projectw3, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  9. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:

I Don't get that
    You had a horrible experiance though, but can a little downtime remove your pages from google :rolleyes:. I doubt thats not true and its just a rumour.
    may be iam wrong who knows

10. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    Jim, that's a very bad experience you had. :eek:
    you really need to find a better host

onedollar, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  11. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Could you beleive once i paid for hosting (i don't remember its name) and they took my payment and didn't activitated my account
    then after that no communication at all :mad:
    And paypal doesn't take responsbility of e-services :(

It was worst of the worst experience.

Mong, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  12. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL- from KVChosting.com's Home Page

lorien1973, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  13. Michael S.

Michael S. Peon

Best Answers:
    Ever heard of CyberWings? I got burnt by them a few years back along with MANY other people. Furtunately their prices were so cheap I was only out like $30 bucks so it could have been worse.

Michael S., Mar 19, 2006 IP
  14. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just have a VPS now, personally. I have tons of space and I can just make a new account whenever I want to. Sooooo much easier that way. I use webcs.com; they have a 24 hour page feature that I love (and misuse sometimes) and its easy to reach someone when i mess everything up :)

lorien1973, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  15. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazing stories. Do your research people. Do not cheap out on the most important component of your web site; hosting.

guru-seo, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  16. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    That is a total bummer! How the hell did you manage to stop swearing at him when you were on chat? Can't believe they did not email you!
    Looking forward to the return of Axeq, it's a really good directory, how long do you think it will take for you to sort everything out, If you don't have any of your old information try to use the cache by google, that's got a 100 pages or so of your data stored :)

Deano, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  17. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats just incredible! I cant believe this piece of shit has the nerve to make a mistake and then not correct the problem. I wish I still had bots around, this really pissed me off.

Best of luck JIM, if you want some host advice with real suppost I can vouche for companies I have been with for long time wether its shared or servers with support you wouldnt believe is possible.

INV, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  18. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the recommendations. I am now moving to royaltyhosting.com for 50textlinks.com and axeq.com based on a recommendation from a known SEO (14thc.com), cheap and instant activation. Let’s see if they are good. Sites will be up soon again and I will reconstruct the db.

Not my style ... but I asked him in the end:

Yeah, I will use all the major SEs to find cache data but it is wasting my time ...

I need 2 other hosts, reliable ones, not too expensive and fast ... Is any of these good:

lunarpages, dreamhost or asmallorange.com ?

19. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    from these 3 i have heard asmallorange to be better.

20. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    I have dreamhost I really hate the control panel, also suffered from a lot of down time when I first started with them, to be fair this seems a lot better now.
    I use bluehost I prefer them by a country mile. (for bluehost you can get an affiliate link from cj, and they let you affiliate to yourself)

Deano, Mar 19, 2006 IP