1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

12 Days to First Commission with BANS

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by potentmix, Dec 15, 2007.

Well, I see I got my first commission recorded from my one BANS store. Hold on to your hat! It's $1.74 from three sales that totaled $3.47. This comes after being live for 12 days.

I guess I ought to do about 300 more stores. Obviously, from humble beginnings, I'll be amassing great wealth as I build out my BANS empire along with all the other empires I'm in the process of building. I need a 300 hour day!:D

Did someone say "outsource"?

potentmix, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  2. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations! Hope it increases daily for you.

I got $.12 yesterday from eBay. I think I'd rather get $0, for all the hours I've been putting in. PPC vs. eBay ROI seems to be a struggle for me... :(

About building 300 BANS sites, wouldn't you worry that in the future Google will decide to stop listing them completely, and everyone who is relying on BANS stores for their income will suddenly be out of luck?

LongHaul, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  3. leader

leader Peon

Best Answers:
    What is BANS? Google offers ads for them or something?

leader, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  4. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Please don't take me seriously. I won't be doing 300 stores in the near future. That said, the folks at BANS have said that they will be featuring link and image masking with their next version/upgrade so that the affiliate footprint, in theory, will be eliminated. That certainly would reduce the risk that BANS sites will be sunk. Moreover, Google doesn't ban affiliate sites. It just relegates them to oblivion.

Getting quality links pointing to your BANS site is the key to having a shot at success. Think links, links, links!

BANS = Buildanichestore

5. TheMarketingMadman

TheMarketingMadman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations,

You did it once, now do it again....

JR

TheMarketingMadman, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  6. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat. Rinse... Well ,you get the idea.

7. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe, but I'm just skeptical because Google tries (it claims) to do away with this. I think they could get the technology to decide if a site is just a bunch of eBay listings, despite clever masking. I like eBay stores as a webmaster, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Why would anyone link to a BANS type site? You mean from blogs or something else?

LongHaul, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  8. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    did you use PPC?

Swerd, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  9. dljackson1

dljackson1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My intent is to build a ton of what you call BANS. Keep up the good work. PS, $3.47 may seem like nothing, but what will it be in a year?

dljackson1, Dec 15, 2007 IP
  10. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. I'm organic.

I'm not going to get into a protracted linking discussion. Suffice it to say There are plenty of ways of getting links to your site(s). Get links or die!

OTH, ppc might allow you to live if links are not your game and you know what you're doing. Even if you're skilled at ppc, why not do both that and organic? Two bites at the apple.

11. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    They may not link directly to your store pages, but how about links to your content pages?

I also have adsense on my BANS pages - Google and I make money every so often from clicks, so why would they banish BANS pages? Seriously, the best way to maintain a high search engine position is to make sure you have good quality content associated with the store pages.

Aldouspi, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  12. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried out BANS last week for a site thst was on the 2nd page of Google at the time. 2 days after BANS, it is now on page 32. I guess Google did not like the inclusion of BANS for that site. I will wait a few more weeks to see if that site does come back up in the SERPs. If not, I will unbundle BANs and use one of my Ebay scripts which while not as pretty, does not seem to be negatively looked at by Google.

The masking changes look interesting as well. May try again when that comes out to see how well it works.

Claudek, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  13. MakeADifference

MakeADifference Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently bought BANS and if google is against the BANS websites, then I am very skeptic on using it. Should I wait or return the software and get my money back?

MakeADifference, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  14. emphi

emphi Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you worry about google? It's not the only search engine in the world. Besides, it is perfectly possible to get organic traffic from other sources than google..

emphi, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  15. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm astonished to see that my next commission from my BANS store is $0.96! Can I conclude that a bright future is in the making?

potentmix, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  16. chixco

chixco Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you are too worried about google, phpbaypro might be the better option. it does a much better job at covering up the footprints.

chixco, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  17. cylai

cylai Peon

Best Answers:
    Way to go !

cylai, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  18. chriscoop

chriscoop Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have Bans for 1 month now and earned $120. At least i have earned more then i paid for the script. Its a start and now i am creating more Bans because it is so easy to use.

chriscoop, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  19. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Good job, but I don't get it. I have 4 eBay sites, and have made $10 in the last several weeks. This is WITH PPC campaigns. I think the niches are good. Can't understand why some people make more so quickly.

LongHaul, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  20. emphi

emphi Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there's several options.. They might be lucky, or they might be in good niches, a combination of the two.. You might be in the wrong niches, having bad luck or something. It's hard define what makes success and failure, but if you don't reach success with one store you should perhaps try to do some things differently with your next store...

emphi, Dec 18, 2007 IP