1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10K/Month Clickbank Method - Revised

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by amycheung, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have some problems when bidding on keywords with adwords.

almost in every case the keyword bids are too high when promoting the
    merchants direct sales page. normally, adwords wants bids as high as
    50 cents just to be shown on their search engine.
    I don't know how appearing on googles adwords section should be
    possible with bids being so high?

Are there any recommendations to make or do I do something
    wrong?

thanks

jophan, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  2. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    get your own domain and cloak or build a landing page/site

Swerd, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  3. JackRipper22

JackRipper22 Peon

Best Answers:
    ..... fixed :D

JackRipper22, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  4. musestech

musestech Peon

Best Answers:
    hi

this is very valuable information.

I think landing page optimization is very very important as far as QS is concern. this affect very much on bid.

A good landing page should have targeted keywords and also effective to move customer to merchant page.

can i have some examples of landing page pl? if you dont mind.

musestech, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  5. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    I just thought that I would add Google will be including the pageload time into their QS algorithm (if they haven't started it already).

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2008/03/landing-page-load-time-will-soon-be.html

In the case where people link directly to the vendor, they will normally have a long sales page as the landing page and this could impact on the pageload time - the longer it takes to load, the lower quality it is perceived to be.

So definitely making your own landing page is advised as you can have it quite short as the main aim is to get the visitor to go to the vendor sales page and buy the product.

Ganceann, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  6. exolis

exolis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Landing page is definitely here to stay. With your own landing page, you control the keywords on the page.

I've experimented before using one without a Privacy Policy page and still got "Great" quality score based just on the keywords alone.

exolis, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  7. D89

D89 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow this is some amazing informations. I took notes. this forum is amazing to say the least!

D89, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  8. Stella241

Stella241 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Amy, I'm glad I found this forum and the info on succeeding with Clickbank. My friend and I have just started doing affiliate marketing with Clickbank and need to understand something....

When people click on our ads via Adwords, is that a purchase or a perusal? Do we have to get 100 clicks to get 20 people purchasing?

What are impressions in relation to clicks? Do we have to have 20 purchases to 100 clicks to 3,000 impressions?

I think I've understood this, but please clarify for my friend, Martina who is very new to all this. Thanks for a quick response.

Stella241

Stella241, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  9. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't been blocking spiders from visiting my redirect pages but I find that due to lack of content on these pages, not that many would get indexed anyway (maybe a couple out of thousands) so this has never been my worry. I'm in the process of replacing them with squeeze / content pages to eliminate all these problems.

Amy

amycheung, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  10. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Jophan,

A few things you can try:

1)If you're using an old adwords account with less-than-ideal performance history, it may be a good idea to get a new account (warning: please proceed at your discretion as adwords forbids multiple adwords accounts). Bad performance history could impact on your QS to cause high bids.

2)Try to start your ads with high CTR. I do this by stuffing as many relevant keywords as possible in the headline, 2nd description and display URL of the ad, to draw the visitor's eyes to the ad. Then I write a convincing 1st description line to entice the visitor to actually click through. High CTR will result in good QS that will lower your bids.

3)Add 2nd ads to your existing ads and set them to rotate evenly (on the "campaign settings" page). Continue to split test by eliminating the ad with the lower CTR, to continually improve your ad CTR (in order to get better QS and therefore lower bids).

By doing the above I had almost always enjoyed low CPC - my minimum required CPC in usually in the 0.04-0.12 range, with exceptions of course. I believe the low CPC are a direct result of high ad CTR. Very few of my ad CTRs fall below 1%. Sometimes I even see 20%+ or higher. Promoting targeted products and selecting targeted keywords will definitely help too.

Good luck!

Amy

11. devdaslover

devdaslover Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats pretty cool and helpful.

devdaslover, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  12. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Stella!

First of all, when it comes to impressions, there are two things we're looking at here: your landing page (if your have one) or the merchant's page (if you're linking directly to the merchant's), and the adwords ads themselves.

For adwords, adwords stats track the number of impressions (the number of people that arrived on the page on which your ad was shown) vs. the number of clicks (the number of people who actually clicked on your ad). To adwords, as long as the ratio of clicks vs. impressions (what is called the "click thru rate" or CTR) is high, adwords is happy because you're paying them more for a set number of times they show your ad, so they'll reward you with lower bids (i.e. lower ad cost per click) and/or higher ad ranking for the same bid. You pay only for clicks, not for impressions. To adwords, they don't care whether the visitor buys or not after that.

As for the merchant, and for ourselves as affiliates, what's also important is the conversion rate, which is the number of impressions of the merchant's page, vs. the number of sales. For example, if 300 people click on the ad to arrive on the merchant's site (say you're linking directly from the ad to the merchant's), and you get two sales from the 300 people, then your conversion rate would be 2/300 = 0.66%.

And if you have a landing page, then people would click on the ad, arrive at your landing page, and then they might click on a link on your landing page to go through to the merchant's. The important stat for the landing page is the click through rate - the number of people that sees your landing page vs. the number that actually click through to the merchant's.

So, to provide an example to tie this all together: say we have an adwords ad leading to a landing page, and on this landing page are links that lead to the merchant's site. Say Google shows our ad to 20000 people a day. Of those 20000 people, 400 people click through to land on our landing page. In this case the ad CTR would be 400/20000 = 0.02 = 2%. Then, of these 400 people, say 120 actually click through to the merchant's site. The click through rate of our landing page would then be 120/400 = 0.3 = 30%. Of these 120 people that land on the merchant's page, say 1 person actually buys the product. In this case the merchant's conversion rate would be 1/120 = 0.0083 or 0.83%.

Having collected all this data after running our ad for a little while, we can now do some evaluation to see if we're making a profit. Assume we get a $29.99 commission from each product sale, and that our average cost per click (what we're paying on average for each click of our ad - CPC for short) is about 0.08. Our total ad cost would be 400 * 0.08 = $32. So in this case we would have lost money because for all that traffic we only made $29.99 in commission. If the difference isn't big, we may be able to tweak this campaign to result in profit. Campaign tweaking is a whole different topic that would take more than just a post to cover in detail. I'm no expert in that area, but what I've been doing is quite simple and has served me well. You can recommend some good adwords guides to your friend (Adwords 180 is pretty good, for example). Alternatively, for something free, you can direct her to my free ebook which I'll start writing today - the sign up link is in my signature below.

Hope that helps. The best of luck to you and your friend! :)

Amy

13. amycheung

amycheung Active Member

Best Answers:
    A landing page would definitely be better than a redirect page or direct linking to the merchants in the long run. Using redirects is just a temporary measure to avoid spending too much time on landing pages before we can find out which campaigns are profitable. After weeding out the "losers" (i.e. campaigns that don't turn a profit), we could then concentrate on the "winners" by taking the time to adequately create good landing pages - because now we'd know it would be worth our time.

I'm also experimenting with squeeze / content hybrid pages, where there's an unfinished article on the landing page, and an opt-in form below it that requires the visitor to opt-in before they could read the rest of the article. Reportedly, these pages do pretty well in terms of getting high opt-in rates as well as ranking for search engine traffic. For more info refer to here:

http://www.meetingwiththemasters.com/news/are-squeeze-pages-really-dead/

I'm learning lots from you guys as well....thanks for all the info and kind words!

Amy

14. Stella241

Stella241 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Amy, your information has been very helpful and I'm bookmarking this!!

Stella241, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  15. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks amycheung for your help. I guess my historical low CTR could cause the problems...

Another question, hopefully you could help me here although it has nothing to
    do with the topic here.
    I am using an autoresponder called autoresponder unlimited. It has a config.cgi
    where I have to change some settings.

This one is making me mad because I cannot send emails :(

# Type the full path to your EMail program.
    # If you're not sure of this, ask your server administrator

$mailprog="/usr/sbin/sendmail

I really dont know what in hell I should write in here.
    I used so many variations and searched google but nothing
    helped.
    Does anyone here can help me out?

Thanks in advance

jophan, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  16. mjgiorgianni

mjgiorgianni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info! Sounds great,

Thanks,
    Michael

mjgiorgianni, Mar 12, 2008 IP
  17. Kerunai

Kerunai Active Member

Best Answers:
    bro, have u ask ur server admin there ?? i've been using AU for a while but it's not stable..sometimes it really is a pain in the ass when creating multiple accounts and to time the post..why don't you use Aweber ?? i highly recommend aweber or get response....save u a lot in the future

Kerunai, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  18. cwongwh

cwongwh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ,
    but does cloaking the direct page with your domain name works ? will google slap you on that ?

cwongwh, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  19. Stella241

Stella241 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Amy,

I was thinking of the order of importance when marketing....

For example, build a simple site, with a landing page for a particular Clickbank product, then do an Adwords campaign with it....

or is it buy 30-50 sub-domains (are these mini-sites or do you have to build them?), each with a landing page for 30 Clickbank products each with an Adwords campaign?

I am new to site building and am thinking of purchasing Website Design for Dummies so I can understand simple HTML code and also understand linking...

I've figured my ads are pretty good, but am trying to go deeper than just Adwords campaigns for products. This is where websites and sub-domains come in...

Hope am making myself clear?

Stella241, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  20. meamrussian

meamrussian Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stella: you should only buy one domain. Subdomains are free in most cases, depending on the hosting you have. Read up some info on this.

Amy: Thanks a lot for the article! I really do appreciate the time you took to write it an respond to people's posts. I do have a couple of questions to help clarify:

You say you have about 25 different products you try. Does that mean you have 25 different campaigns running at once, all with keywords relating to their specific products? You also mentioned having a maximum of $20 a day. Are you saying that you spent $500 in one day to find out which products convert the best? How many days did you do this for?

Also, what exactly is a squeeze page?

Also, how much money are you actually making from this? I'm not saying it doesn't work, but I just want to know. Are you really making $10k a month?

Thanks.

meamrussian, Mar 14, 2008 IP