1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1080P for a gaming laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jpf566, Feb 17, 2012.

Hey guys, I’m planning on buying a laptop (Probably HP DV6) and I’m contemplating whether I should get the1080P. (768 looks pretty bad on a 15.4 screen IMO) I will be using this laptop for Photo editing, web design & gaming. I Really would love to have a 1080P screen but I’m just worried about gaming performance. I could run the games at a lower resolution but wouldn’t that be taxing on the GPU because it wouldn't be native? Could I just run games in window mode and alleviate any performance losses due to running at 1080P or running a non native resolution?

I’m not concerned with the additional cost because I actually need to upgrade the laptop to be over 1000 to use my 30% off coupon

Anyone have any ideas or wisdom to share?

jpf566, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  2. forumhookers

forumhookers Peon

Best Answers:
    So if you need HD gaming laptop, go for dell xps for cheaper one!

What is you budget btw?

Laptops with AMD HD Radeon 6750 can rull all the games in HD at 30FPS

forumhookers, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. danyol

danyol Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are comfortable paying over $1k for a laptop, there is no reason to settle for anything less than 1080p.

Consider ASUS as well. They make great gaming/graphics laptops too.

Intel's new Ivy Bridge laptop CPUs come out in April. If you can wait until then, you can get one of them or pick up a current-generation Sandy Bridge CPU for probably much less than today.

Finally - besides your 30% coupon, you might want to check out Techbargains. I've found many great deals on hardware there.

danyol, Feb 18, 2012 IP