1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$105 Stylish poster contest 48hrs only

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 26, 2008.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the new entries. Here's what I think:

allofall: I think it looks a little too crowded.

moogle: thanks for entering this but it's a little too modern for my liking. I also think the background you used makes just a touch too busy.

UKF Kurtis: I like the one in post #40 the best. I do still think it would look better with the slogan being on its own line rather than being in between the logos. So what I am saying is one line of logos, then a line of slogans so if I was to draw a straight line between the logos it would not be obstructed by the logos (which would be the case right now).

proteindude, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    msi52 likes this.
  2. ads2help

ads2help Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    edited: this is a part of the Full View. (Poster view at the bottom)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

---

Poster view shriken to 1000x800
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ads2help, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  3. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Julian,

I'm away until tomorrow afternoon (UK time) so hopefully if I am a finalist in the contest I would have enough time to make any changes. Just letting you know the score anyway!

Davey.

DaveyBoy, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  4. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Tentative finalists: I hate to ask for changes unless I narrow it down to the finalists. I need to get some rest right now but here are my top favorite designs so far. The competition is still open but if the guys who are my top three right now wish to do some changes here's what I suggest:

AbhishekS: if you could make a white circle around the globe and perhaps try the slogan in reverse. By that I mean a white rectangle and red letters inside the rectangle.

UKF Kurtis: I really like #40 but would like a white circle around the globe and to have the slogan on its own line rather than in between the logos

DaveyBoy: thanks for letting me know. The only changes I require would be to have #32 horizontally (not on an angle) and to also make the white circle around the globe. Also remove the big white banner.

These above are my favorite designs so far. In about 15hrs from the time of this post I am fairly sure I will pick the finalists.

ads2help: my apologies for calling your design "incomplete". I just simply meant that without a full view I couldn't fully judge it. I now got the full view and looks really nice and neat but because I can't really read the slogan (world class proteins) it's not one of my favourites. I think it would have looked better if you had the slogan in white letters and also if you had less logos but bigger ones.

I'm off to sleep now but tomorrow (my time) in about 15hrs FROM THE TIME OF THIS POST I think I will have the finalists and soon after I hope to have this wrapped up.

5. Moogle!

Moogle! Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1)

[​IMG]

2)

[​IMG]

Moogle!, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  6. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No probs, here is the edited version - done now as I can actually hear the car engine running so I have to go! ;)

[​IMG]

Back tomorrow anyway mate.

Cheers,
    Davey.

DaveyBoy, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  7. UKF_Kurtis

UKF_Kurtis Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UKF_Kurtis, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  8. RNHalawi.com

RNHalawi.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    julian! nice contest again here...lots of good design...

as always... "DaveyBoy" nice design dude!!

How I wish I can still join contests here in DP.. but ive got a very hectic schedules this past few months and in coming months... =)

good luck guys!!

regards to you Julian!

RNHalawi.com, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  9. allofall

allofall Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ok here is another one

[​IMG]

thanks for feedback

allofall, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  10. AbhishekS

AbhishekS Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  11. willhaynes

willhaynes Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please wait for me...
    I'll make an entry in an hour or so.

willhaynes, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  12. willhaynes

willhaynes Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Heres my entry:

[​IMG]

just for an idea of the actual size of everything,
    one diamond on the actual poster is 60cm x 40cm

Here is a larger view of it:
    [​IMG]

oh, and the resolution is 300 pixels per inch, for printing purposes

willhaynes, Sep 27, 2008 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the new entries guys. I will come back shortly (maybe an hour or so) with the feedback and with the finalists. I will ask the finalists to do a few small changes before I choose the final design. It is up to the winners whether or not they ddecide to go all the way and make the changes and therefore have a better shot at winning this.

14. ads2help

ads2help Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My last try..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ads2help, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  15. arabSquad

arabSquad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    arabSquad, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi. Thanks for considering this but in about one hour I am going to choose the finalists so try and get in in within one hour if you can.

17. msi52

msi52 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here's one more from me,

one more

feedback appreciated.

msi52, Sep 27, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  18. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First of all thanks to everyone who participated. I would like to announce the finalists first and then I will give the feedback to the other contestants. This is a tough contest because a lot of the entries have similarities so the differences would be small. What I like to do is name the top 3 finalists and it's up to the 3 finalists if they want to do the changes and then see if they win. The finalists are in the current position.

Finalist 1: AbhishekS post#20 I need you to do the white circle around the globe. Also if you can use a better resolution for the world class proteins inside the red rectangle that would also be great. Please do NOT change anything else to this entry other than what I asked

Finalist 2: UKF Kurtis the last entry: I really, really like it and yet I feel like someting is not right. I can't figure it out exactly but I think it's somehow unbalanced. I think perhaps using a different font for world class proteins so that it will be longer/wider (not the font but the lenght of the slogan). Also perhaps use some white rectangle background for the slogan.

Finalist 3: Davey: #46 You need to have a brighter or at least more solid red background. The one at the moment looks a little faded somehow. Also perhaps some less but slightly larger logos would also improve the overall look. And lastly, while I really like the logo in white it seems to look flat somehow. Perhaps use the original effect in the logo so the letters still look bevel or emboss (but still in white)?

I will be editing this post in about one hour to include feedback for all other contestants whose entries are greatly appreciated.

19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Moogle!: thanks for the new ones but I already tried some checkered designs and it didn't work. Please see my post #24 in this thread

RNHalawi: hopefully you'll get some time to enter contests again. Nevertheless it's good to see you're busy (making lots of money :D )

allofall: the slogan looks really good and easy to read but the logo was too small and that is why I had to pass it.

willhaynes: Thanks mate for entering this. Very, very stylish entry but just a little too busy. Also there seems to be a strange optical illusion because of the diamonds. As I look at the image the diamonds seem to move and this creates a strange feel on my eyes. Others said the same thing about this optical effect. Both the logo and slogan were very visible which is great.

ads2help: both the logo and the slogan were visible which is great. I think it was just a little too busy and I also think that effect on the background made it a little hard to focus mainly on the logo and slogan.

masi52: again thanks for the entry but it was a little too busy. I know it's a small thing but made a positive difference: I like the background for the slogan had rounded corners which is great. Also the background for the logo was a positive idea but in the end it was just a little too busy and instead you should have used less (but bigger) logos.

To the finalists: if any of you guys decide not to do the changes please post in here as I really need to choose a winner in the next few hours.

proteindude, Sep 28, 2008 IP
  20. UKF_Kurtis

UKF_Kurtis Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UKF_Kurtis, Sep 28, 2008 IP