1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$105 Stylish poster contest 48hrs only

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 26, 2008.

Hi guys,
    if you've never entered a poster contest this is the one. Basically I need a poster for a show/expo which will be a fairly large poster. When printed (landscape format) the poster will be 3m (3,000mm) wide by 2.4m (2,400mm) high.

Colours: please use red and white same as in my logo

Background: I prefer the background to be red

The poster must contain my logo which can be downloaded from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d0kl2x

Please pay attention: What I need is to have the logo and the slogan which is world class proteins displayed repetitively on the poster. I am not fully sure what it will look like but for example you can have the logo on the same line and then another line underneath with the slogan (world class proteins)

For example: line one logo, logo, logo
    line two: slogan, slogan, slogan

You may end up having 3, 5 or even 6 or 7 logos on one line and the same for slogans. Hopefully you guys will understand what I am after.

The winner gets $105 paid via paypal. In the highly unlikely event none of the designs are suitable I will still pick a "winner" but will only pay $40. In that case the "winner" does not need to send any files accross.

The poster needs to be clean, stylish, professional looking and both the logos and slogans need to be highly visible.

If you have any questions please ask.

proteindude, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  2. a4hire

a4hire Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So, the only thing that will be on the poster is the logo and the slogan ?
    Maybe some graphical shapes etc... in the background ? Im just trying to understand what you want.

a4hire, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for bringing this up. What I meant is I MUST have the logo and the slogan stand out as these two things (logo and slogan) are the most important. You can use whatever shapes, effects you prefer for the background IN ADDITION to the logo and slogan. I suppose you can do a very basic entry and then I could give you a better indication.

I have attached a few examples below. These are very crappy examples (low res and not the most stylish posters either) but I couldn't find any better ones. Hopefully this is enough so you can get the idea.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. erenNt

erenNt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,
    Wow.. a poster contest.. I LOVE POSTER CONTESTS!! :D
    Well, can I use my own idea instead of yours ? (about the logo placement)
    But don't worry, it will stand out of the rest elements in the poster.

I'm sorry?? I didn't understand that :p 40$ is going to who?

erenNt, Sep 26, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  5. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi ereNT: you can certainly use your ideas as long as my logo and slogan (world class proteins) appear on the poster.

regarding the $40: If it happens that I don't like any of the designs I won't purchase any but I will still pick a winner BUT the winner will only get $40 and the winner doesn't need to send any files accross. It's my way of trying to be fair: if it happens I don't like the designs I don't want for the designers to waste their time for nothing. But if I like the design I will pay the $105 and the winner will have to send the files accross. Let me know if this makes sense.

6. Tallum

Tallum Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So... i will be the first entrant:
    [​IMG]

Tallum, Sep 26, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  7. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Might enter if i get time Julian, cheers.

DaveyBoy, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  8. Tallum

Tallum Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    some more tries:
    1- Here
    2- Here
    3- Here

Added links because,full preview in forum would be too big...

Tallum, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  9. AbhishekS

AbhishekS Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  10. allofall

allofall Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello
    here is mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks

allofall, Sep 26, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  11. allofall

allofall Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    secound and last :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

allofall, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  12. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Tallum: Thanks for getting this started. It seems to me like your entry is more of a portrait than a landscape format. It is a pleasant entry though it has some faults: my logo also has world class proteins as part of it as well as .com.au Both these elements seem to have dissapeared. It could be that the world class proteins part of my logo is red and that is why it dissapears when you place it on red so that may have to changed to white. Although it looks good it also looks a little plain. Perhaps some slight effects to the background or some rectangle added to the background of the logo?? I expect a lot of the entries to be very similar so it will be the small differences which will make the big difference if this makes sense.

DaveyBoy: it would be great if you find the time

Tallum: post#8 thanks again for the entries. 1-Looks ok but not fully there. You're a designer and you can visualise things. I can't. I would need to see for example three logos on a single line without having any part of them chopped off. The way you displayed them some of them are chopped off. I understand this is a rough design to see if you're heading in the right direction but unfortunately for me I can't fully evaluate it as it is right now. 2-same as above except also the world class proteins part of my logo and .com.au seem very hard to see. Also it seems you changed to a slight shade of burgundy, but I am after a red and white theme. 3-not really doing it for me. I appreciate trying something a little different but that curve is not doing it for me.

AbhishekS: thanks for the submissions. 1 looks ok but maybe just a touch too busy and needs to have some more space between the logos. My logo also has world class proteins as part of it as well as .com.au Both these elements seem to have dissapeared. It could be that the world class proteins part of my logo is red and that is why it dissapears when you placed it on red so that may have to changed to white. 2 looks more balanced but still a bit too busy 3 not really like the big logo in the middle. I think of all your entries I like the middle one the best

allofall: thanks for the entries. I don't like the first two entries in post #10. Last entry in post #10 could be developed a little more, however, of all your entries the one I like the most and the one with the most potential is the last entry in post #10 What I like is how you placed world class proteins in a white rectangle. I think this is a very good idea as it breaks the mold a little and it really makes it stand out. If you are considering additional entries please work with this idea (white rectangles for world class proteins). Other than this great element (the rectangles) I think the logo is hard to see. In entries post #11 I don't really like any of them. Too busy and a bit plain looking. Also the very last one with a large logo in the middle is not something I want. Again, thanks for the great effort.

13. DrZapp

DrZapp Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Please tell me what needs updating and fixing and I will be more than happy to fix for you :)

DrZapp, Sep 26, 2008 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  14. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Julian,

Here's my first entry, I realised when I finished you wanted the slogan repeating throughout the poster but that isn't difficult to form a version 2 if you think it would improve it.

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Davey.

proteindude likes this.
  15. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DrZapp: thanks for the entry and while it looks pleasant you didn't read my instructions properly. I wanted my slogan (world class proteins) to appear separately on the poster in addition to my logo. Also you seem to have altered my logo and I want to keep my logo as it is.

16. AbhishekS

AbhishekS Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DaveyBoy: Thanks for the entry. It looks really good though I feel it can somehow be improved. For example you could use a round white circle for my globe which is part of the globe. I would really like to see my slogan repeated throughout the poster but I still like that major logo and slogan that you did in the middle. Or maybe you can use some faint effect for the background.

AbhishekS: your first entry in post #16 together with DaveyBoy's entry are my two favorite so far. It may still need some improvements: something simple such as perhaps placing the slogan on some white rectangle, something to spice it up a little.

18. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Cheers - here's a couple of modifications before I get off for the night.

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Davey.

19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Looks good Davey but I'll let you get some rest and then I will come back with the feedback. I also need to go now because I am on home duties and I need to do some washing (dishes, laundry, etc).

20. AbhishekS

AbhishekS Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0