1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

101k check! woohoo!

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by stylezdot, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You the owner of that Vbmechanic.com site that seems to be a ship at sea with no crew?

DirtyDog, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Yahoo uses the mail for checks for large amounts, and they don't have direct deposit. While there are certainly people making similar amounts, I am suspect of anyone who just shows up and brags about it. It's been my experience that the more someone makes, the less they tend to talk about amounts. I had a friend that I met soon after he had sold his company. I figured he had done pretty good, but it was over a year before I learned he had netted over a 100 million - and this was someone I worked with closely 5 or 6 days a week - and I learned the amount through somone else who had worked on the sale.

mjewel, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  3. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    This guy can't even form a complete sentence without a spelling error.

Do you really think 60,000 people would actually want to read what this joker has to write about? 100K in a month is a bit excessive... especially with Yahoo's targeting being sub-par at best.

That and the fact that he is popping off about it in his first post... he'd already have an account here if he was pulling in that kind of scratch.

Spendlessly, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  4. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are kinds of traffic, where you could get that number of unique visitors, but CTR would be awful, hence, no good revenue at the end of the month...
    Some sites don't even have 0,1% :p Terrible, terrible, indeed...

Coupons, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  5. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't mean to brag myself...but I made $20 with Clicksor in just 10 months. :cool:

...yep...I'll be a millionaire in no time, I'd say. :cool:

EGS, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  6. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For future reference I don't mind being red repped even though stating a fact which can be proven... just please include your name (and a comment!) kthx :)

iconrate, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  7. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why everyone is saying a 100k check isn't possible. That's 3k a day and, with 60k visitors/day, that's very possible when YPN is paying $3/click.

I think the guy's legit and, if he isn't, that doesn't take away the fact that people are making high $XX,XXX/month from Yahoo.

nt99, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  8. mark41185

mark41185 Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't see why it's so hard to believe. i made $30k in 17 days for my first month.

mark41185, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  9. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ Exactly.

nt99, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  10. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    What I can't believe is that this thread is still going! :cool:
    Let the guy have his glory and go out and create some magic of your own.
    Think outside the box, and you too will be getting hammered on your favorite AdSense forums.....

Claymation, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  11. marketing

marketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is sad that people get so upset and jealous that someone could be possibly making insanely good amounts of money with YPN. If he is not, then what does he have to gain by coming on here and lying about it? If he does make that much, what does he gain by coming on here and telling us about it?

He was asking a simple question. Could it have been worded better in order to avoid using a dollar amount (which apparently some think is bragging), yes...probably...but it is a sad day when someone makes a simple post and people have to bash the guy for making a simple post.

If I were him and I was really making 100k on YPN...I would laugh my butt off at you people mocking him...after all, he is 100k richer and you are 100 insults dumber for making fun of him for being successful.

If he is lying...he knows it and knows that he must be pretty pathetic to come on a forum, make up a lie about the amount of money he is making in order to get a reaction from peers on DP. That would be pretty pathetic.

I can't tell if he is lying or not, but that is not my job. That is not what the thread was created to do. The thread was created to ask a simple question.

My answer: No...I have not been paid any large amounts from ypn ads, but I don't use they ad networks much. Google pays squat now and I feel that these ad networks leave the door wide open to find a reason to NOT have to pay you. All they have to say is that your clicks were "invalid" and you can lose all the money in your account and possibly lose your account with them. I don't really trust these systems and will continue to make good money selling my own advertising, which I can control much more than google or ypn ads.

marketing, Jan 20, 2006 IP
    Fahd likes this.
  12. Joobz

Joobz Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, Marketing, who knows if he is full of it or not? I admit, he sounds like he may be full of it but I'm not about to mock him for it, if he is lying, he should feel guilty and pathetic. If what he says is true, then great, it shows what we are capable of and gives us more goals to reach - either way, I love to hear about it when others are making insane amounts of money as webmasters - it's the drug that keeps me here and further motivates me to learn more.

Joobz, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  13. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    If someone was making that kind of scratch - they should be out enjoying life rather than pecking away their days behind a computer.

What the hell is the point of doing all this work if you can't enjoy it. The last think I would be doing if I had that kind of income is chatting it up on the net... and bragging about my earnings no less.

Buy a theme park... go mountain climbing, skydiving, buy your dream car, a yacht, a jet, eat like a king, live every day like its your last...

Spendlessly, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  14. donwebcorleone

donwebcorleone Peon

Best Answers:
    100K might sounds like a lot of money but it alls depends where u live, i live in Tokyo and believe me 100K in Tokyo isnt that much. You cant stop working at all with 100K, it would be just enough to rent an apartment and to have a simple with very simple daily expenses life for 2 years without a job, 3 years being extremely good in saving money. So it all depends where u live.

donwebcorleone, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  15. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    He was referring to his monthly intake, not annual.

Spendlessly, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  16. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I think adnetworks would be a waste of time if you couldn't make at least $100,000 per month from them. That's what I'm aiming for.

Hon Daddy Dad, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  17. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    In such cases people should move to countries where the cost of living is much cheaper say eastern european countries where you can really enjoy 100k income/month.

poseidon, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  18. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    *shrug* i make quite a bit on my microwave site

Dekker, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  19. shadow20002

shadow20002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i must say you got some talent to make money on the web right? ;)

shadow20002, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  20. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Impressive, congrats! (assuming no click fraud was involved!) :)

Fahd, Jan 22, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.