1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1000's of Adsense Pages... Effective?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by aj22, May 18, 2006.

Hi,

First post, long time reader... I'm trying to collect as much info as possible so I can launch an Adsense projecrt.

I've been doing a lot of reading about Adsense and was wondering if this theory could work in any shape or form.

I would bulk register 50 domains, plus hosting, then auto-generate maybe 100+ pages with RSSGM (each page keyword based). When all is said and done, I would have 5,000+ different pages, each with an Adsense unit. Eventually these pages would (hopefully) get indexed by Google and other engines. I would have one or two pages from each domain link to another domain to try and drive up the pagerank for a higher listing.

I'm not sure how well this would work, but it seems somewhat solid to me. I'm not looking to make $1,000's (not yet), but just some extra change. But if doing this with 50 domains could yield $500 a month, imagine 500 domains, 5000 domains?

Maybe this (or something similiar) has been discussed before... and if so, sorry.

I know a lot of people are against auto-generating pages, too, but right now I have no problem with it--especially if the pages are updating themselves with RSS feeds (that's a turn on for search engines, isn't it?).

Well, any advice, comments etc, would be awesome!

Thanks!

aj22, May 18, 2006 IP
    emz likes this.
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    At first, traffic will suck. Then, you'll get a small spike and things will look good for a couple weeks, and finally traffic will drop off the map and the domains you registered won't be worth the fee to renew them.

One domain with descent, orginal content that people will link to naturally will make a whole lot more money, and be worth more, in the long run.

mdvaldosta, May 18, 2006 IP
    emz and seolion like this.
  3. tweety

tweety Peon

Best Answers:
    how will u be able to manage all these domains

tweety, May 18, 2006 IP
    emz likes this.
  4. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was looking at mass registering 50 domains for $75 at registerfly, then hosting them all at resellerzoom under one package ($5 a month)

aj22, May 18, 2006 IP
  5. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    i think this technique will bring you to embarrassment

kawebspy, May 18, 2006 IP
    emz likes this.
  6. rlynch

rlynch Peon

Best Answers:
    and a permanent ban from adsense

rlynch, May 18, 2006 IP
  7. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:

Where in the Adsense TOS does it say there is a limit on the amount of sites you can use your Adsense code on?

And I don't see what's so embarassing about getting a couple of domains (not necessarily 50), each domain name would emphasize certain target keywords, then each domain would have several hundred pages each with a variation of that keyword. To keep the pages alive and changing, they would be fed rss feeds and have other ptc campaigns, as well as articles etc.

aj22, May 18, 2006 IP
  8. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your type of scheme can only work if you can buy traffic to bring to your sites, and if you're going to do that, it's pointless to make so many pages. One will do. But if you're going to rely solely on search engines to send you traffic, you are barking up the wrong tree, because it's going to take you time. Lots and lots of time. Especially if all you have is brand new domains linking to each other. You'll need a high PR site to link to your sites just to help with the search engines. You can buy that, of course, but it'll cost you. When it comes to MFA sites, you need money to make money.

jackburton2006, May 18, 2006 IP
  9. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Getting all these websites hosted at the same IP, and then linking all those sites together to increase PR will simply get all your sites banned on Google. These network sites is what Google is strongly against.

rosiee007, May 19, 2006 IP
  10. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    Putting aside the risk of getting banned by Google (who are more diligent about this -- you may not care if you're mostly targeting Yahoo and MSN traffic), this kind of scheme has the same problem that the "instant AdSense" sites have, which is the lack of original content. Yes, you can use RSS feeds to build keyword-rich pages, but do you know how many sites out there are already doing this? Take a look at the Technorati page for my blog as one example. See how many sites there are republishing my posts? Almost any half-decent blog on a monetizable topic has people doing this already. It's no wonder, since RSS feeds make this kind of things so easy to do.

So in highly-competitive topic areas, what's going to make YOUR site get high enough in the rankings to generate enough traffic to actually make some serious coin? That's what you have to think about. Just republishing RSS feeds isn't going to do it.

And, as someone mentioned, on the technical side you need to do things differently if you really want to succeed. You need to host the sites using different IP addresses, ideally on different network ranges. Then if one site gets banned it won't take down the whole group. Of course, Google knows that your sites are all related -- you're using the same AdSense publisher ID on all of them... so again, you'd want to target Yahoo and MSN traffic primarily.

Eric Giguere, May 19, 2006 IP
  11. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1000's of ppl doing the samethings. auto generate MFA is useless unless you have way to bring traffic..

the only one who get rich is the dude that come up the script

ahkip, May 19, 2006 IP
  12. Traffic Cop

Traffic Cop Peon

Best Answers:
    Aj22,

I stumpled on this forum and after reading your post then everyones reply to you i thought i should leave you my two cents. Ive been working with SEO now for over 4 years and lets say i do very well havent worked a single day in 2.5 years now. I own two homes, drive a new hummer, travel like crazy and have thousands in the bank and in savings. All from working with websites and online sites.. And im not posting to brag not at all, just to let you know what your trying to do is very possiable.. Googles TOS is says nothing about how many sites you can put your code on, it only states what type of sites you cant..

Besides Google, there is many other pay per click advertising ways for you to make money by you developing sites. There is banner rotation, click bank(big one for me), searchfeed, revenue pilot, fast clicks, just to name a few..

What others have replyed is true, you may build sites and they may get banned from google. however your adsense code will not. Remember this is the only way google makes any money is by people clicking on their ads, no matter where they come from..

I currently have over 500 of my own websites and the way to manage them is make them simple clean of unique content, news pictures etc host them on your own server with as many Ip's as you can get and be patient, plus use a banner or ad program that has a java code on all sites so you can change your banners for Cj or linkshare or what ever and it changes on all your sites and all your pages.

Now another quote was traffic will suck at first then a stream, then nothing...

True at first, but then traffic will increase. See alot of people forget this even if a site is banned from google it doesnt mean its dead. I have a banned site from google and it gets over 200,000 unique visitors a month, and you wont believe how much traffic im getting from google. (not google in it self however the little search engines and other sites that are linked to mysite who are getting hits from google), and dont forget yahoo, msn, alltheweb and many others they do get traffic too people, of course not like #1 google but its still good traffic.

Listen AJ22 im not posting to argue or stir up any bodies way of making a living online. However i just want you to know it can be done and its being done everyday. Just dont read negative quotes, these are from people who are failing. So simple to fail on the internet becuase people just dont want to believe you can acutally make a great living.. You have a goal and its good goal to have.

Come on! simple for 1 site to make 1 buck a day.. Simple even if you didnt use google adsense.

so 50 no problem $50 a day.. and so on and so on..

Even if you went the way of putting all 50 sites on 50 different servers which is not nessessary, with how cheap you can find hosting these days 50 sites a month would cost
    $150-300 a month
    plus register for 1 year each site a total of -$400

So if each site made just $1.00 a day (lousy!) your still making
    Over $1500 a month so sounds looks like thats a profit of
    about $1200 a month not to bad. Might pay your house payment..

Stay positive be creative and work hard and it will pay off in the end.. Plus is this really working hard?? Sitting at a computer, watching the game drinking a beer and building sites, could think of worse things to be doing..

Good luck to you buddy... Only read and listen to the positive! Those are the ones who are successful..

Take care.. Your idea can and will work.. Just be smart about it...

Traffic Cop, May 19, 2006 IP
  13. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    No one's disputing that you can't make money with lots of sites. In fact, it's really the only way to make money for most AdSense publishers, getting one or two high-volume sites is hard.

I think what we're saying is that making money just from sites that do nothing but regurgitate RSS feeds is not as simple as it sounds.

Basically, not matter what you do, it takes work...

14. Traffic Cop

Traffic Cop Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not only work but its time.. Being patient is really the key to success on the web. Building sites to me is not hard work, painting my house is or cutting the grass is, working on sites and coming up with different niches to me is nothing more then fun and exciting.. But where people fail is because they believe this is a get rich fast scheme and its NOT in no way.. Adsense is a great source of income it really is but its only about 10% of mine, if adsense banned me today i wouldnt skip a beat there is way to many affiliate companys out there to work with and target.

For one about 2.5 years ago i started building many sites to drive traffic to poker sites and sports betting sites. It took a good year before i noticed any good traffic and now i have hundreds of depositing players under me losing money and me getting paid, as well as the poker sites where you get paid for the rake. and you know on these sites you are not allowed google adsense codes, so its all search feed and poker and sports gaming banners, rss feeds, dynamic pictures and blogs.

So like you said eric, the ones who really rely on google traffic dont worry about it. If the site gets banned by google its not the end of the site. There is always msn, yahoo, and the little bastards are also very helpful becuase you wind up still getting traffic from google though these little search engines as well.

Stay Positive..

Traffic Cop, May 19, 2006 IP
  15. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone. Especially you, Traffic Cop, I was getting extremely discouraged. I may give it a shot. Just the feeling of having 5,000 or so Adsense pages "floating around" -- well, I think it's a start. Sure, I may not self-link them to jack up my PR, but I'll certainly start submitting selective ones to directories etc. And I think the one thing I pulled from everyone's input: put something UNIQUE on each page.

Thanks everyone!

aj22, May 19, 2006 IP
  16. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    See, that's the problem: most people don't take a long-term approach. They want to create 100 sites and make money overnight. Well, it's not going to happen, not unless you have a mailing list with tens or hundreds of thousands of people you can tell about your new sites....

17. raven2424

raven2424 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace Bulltins LOL

As i have seen people say here getting 1 site to make $1 a day is easy and to repeat that is quite possible but to play the SEO game you must make a site backlink and wait 2 weeks at least to see it in msn :cool: so yes there are pros and cons on both sides.

raven2424, May 19, 2006 IP
  18. zorro_-

zorro_- Guest

Best Answers:
    Traffic cop you mean tha hosting those 50 sites alltoghether in the same server (same IP) lead to be banned?.
    Another question. I know that policy of payment differs between countries. I am from Argentina. If I set sites hosted in USA and I feed them with english content. Would I be rewarded as American?

Thanks in advance
    Very nice forum

zorro_-, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  19. ZeRo_CoOl

ZeRo_CoOl Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are looking at doing something like that I would reccomend www.pginsider.com

Adam Short, he is extremely good at mass producing junk sites using NicheCreator and RSSGM (and he teaches you how to remove the footprints to make it harder to get deindexed). He has a $100 per day ebook where he outlines exactly what to do step by step. You basically have to buy a s*it load of domains and create a network with blogs attached. I tried it but as usual I got lazy...

If you are interested he is the king...

Regards...

ZeRo_CoOl, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  20. mandoleen

mandoleen Peon

Best Answers:
    you are here to do this

mandoleen, Sep 28, 2006 IP