1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$1000 Tomorrow Morning

Discussion in 'General Business' started by virtualwebmarket, Sep 10, 2015.

I have go this one from a customer, and im shooting it up here.

You will be given $1000 tomorrow morning, and the goal is to make it into $5000 by the end of the year. Where will you place the funds and how

Just curious

Thanks

virtualwebmarket, Sep 10, 2015 IP
  2. jryan89

jryan89 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buy low and sell high. It is the only way to travel. ;)

jryan89, Sep 11, 2015 IP
  3. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To break it down ... that's about $1500 - $2000 times 3 months. Supposed my site generates $50-$80 per month, I need at least 30 sites with decent traffic. Cost to buy 30 domains are $300, more or less. Cost to build 30 websites is null, I can build myself, with ease. Cost for a ecent VPS to hold 30 websites is only $50 per year. Spend the rest ($650) for marketing. Sounds easy, but I do not have $1000 to spend.

th.sigit, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  4. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds very reasonable, but where will you find the time for it. There will be some overhead for helping hands or not?

A thousand is not really enough, can you make it three thousand?

Karen May Jones, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  5. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Take the $1000 and buy Solo Ads and drive targeted traffic to a Squeeze page that leads to the sale of an affiliate product. The Squeeze Page is part of a sales funnel. People who opt-in would be placed in an Auto Responder with pre set up emails. By building a list of subscribers, you can offer them additional products to reach the goal of $5000 by year's end.

The plan is a little more elaborate, but this is the gist of it.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  6. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    Drupal multi-sites, Wordpress networked-sites; these are very easy to setup. I have written a little bit about it here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/gadget-shop.2763488/ (I do not meant to promote my own topic, just accidentally fits my reply here).

Assuming that all are set (LAMP is configured and secured --I can setup LAMP but I do not know much about securing it apart from disabling root; or VPS with both cPanel and SSH access --it is really quick using SSH than manually download files from source to computer and upload to server), I can setup 30 domains in a day and configure the stores and themes in a week.

You can have different niche stores, choose from this list: Apparel, Appliance, Arts And Craft, Automotive, Baby, Beauty, Books, Classical, Digital Music, DVD, Electronic, Fashion, Gift Cards, Gourmet Food, Grocery, Health/Personal Care, Home and Garden, Industrial, Jewelry, Kindle Store, Kitchen, Lawn And Garden, Luggage, MP3 Downloads, Magazines, Miscellaneous, MobileApps, Music, Music Tracks, Musical Instruments, Office Products, Outdoor Living, PC Hardware, Pet Supplies, Photo, Shoes, Software, Sporting Goods, Tools, Toys, Unboxed Video, VHS, Video, Video Games, Watches, Wireless, Wireless Accessories, or create a sub of those on the list, e.g: Baby Fashion, Boys Fashion, Girls Fashion, Men Fashion, Women Fashion.

Please note that some categories overlap by design (https://www.drupal.org/project/amazon_store), and it was taking my time to manually select which category belongs to which browsenode (http://www.amazon.com/gp/site-directory/ref=nav_shopall_btn), but once all are set, and the technical SEO aspects (HTML elements, metatags, ) are also set, creating 30 sites is only a matter of copying one settings.php file to another directory, and configuring it.

I believe that we can do the same with WP multisites, and also that Woocommerce supports multisites (not sure about the last one, but why not?). Everything is easier with Woocommerce, the only problem if you want 30 different themes you will need to spend time configuring the layout (even if a theme says it supports Woocommerce, sometimes I find that they really aren't http://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/).

So, time-wise, it is less than a week.

th.sigit, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  7. liltceo

liltceo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have different options for this,

1. May I will Invest in Forex which can be turn $1000 in to $5000 (but recommends only to experienced traders otherwise just blow out this $1000)

2. I will invest in List building as the studies shows list building have an ROI rate about $44 for every $1 spent, hence the $5000 objective is attainable. ( but still recommendable to experienced people because without proper tactics can be run in to loses)

3. Shares and Mutual funds (needs effective and efficient fund management policy)

4. Websites - need to create multiple website in targeted niche, or authority sites even you are investing money it needs some work and time; but this options can generate passive income for months or years.

5. Your own digital product - need technical knowledge or hire others to code your products - trial and errors are teachers here.

6. PPC + Affiliate products - trial and errors and experience needed ( recommend to try with list building)

liltceo, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  8. kartik saini

kartik saini Active Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is for you ....
    You can start your own website but if you have not a gud knowledge of programming and technical then you can buy old site from digital point or flippa who make already 100$-200 per month so then you need to only post articles on the website or do some marketing then you can easily make more than 200$ by using some marketing technique.
    Another option is choice any best affiliate products then invest money on the marketing so you can make easily.

But there is another's option so choice as you like and perfer to work. Research before investment

Thank you

kartik saini, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  9. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just buying a website and hoping that it will continue giving you money and generating sales for you is not enough. You have to be able to maintain the site like it was being maintained and run to be able to generate some good return from your investment.

rosiee007, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  10. Nadeem Awan

Nadeem Awan Member

Best Answers:
    I am an expert forex professional with over 5 years experience in forex trading alone. Its very easy for me to convert $1000 into $5000 within 6 months. See how it's going here. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/ndawaan/forex-trading-millionaire/1403150

Find out more details or contact me through my fan page here. https://www.facebook.com/Forex-Trading-Millionaire-1377845979104479/

Nadeem Awan, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  11. Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, can you tell me where to buy decent VPS that can hold 30 websites for $50 per year? TY

Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  12. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    Hi Floyd,

there are quite a few. I do not know if it is against the TOS to post a link to some VPS provider, also I am not affiliated to them :)

You can find some of them here at DP:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/web-hosting.98/

or check search engine for "low+end+box" or as such.

FYI, a reseller account from some hosting provider might be able to hold some low traffics for a much lower price.

th.sigit, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing is guaranteed. You could invest 100%, run out before you start seeing a return, and slowly see 100% of your money gone. Every dollar you spend on hosting, domains, seo, whatever, is a dollar you potentially never see again.

If you really want to make money via making websites. Start with 1 site, keep at it until you start seeing results. Dont buy dozens of domains, "vps" and stuff until you have at least 1 site showing positive results, and from here you can start another site, or even sell the site you created. But start with just one site, grow it. Dont take on too many projects, just stay focused, and keep spending and costs to a minimal until you start seeing positive results.

these days I am mostly doing shares. Shares, for lack of a better analogy, is as risky as picking up pennies in front of a moving bulldozer. I have made 10% in a single night, and a -%% on others. I can turn $1000 into $2000 in 3-12 months, but it has taken along time to get to where I am today.

@flyod.
    Not sure where to start, and I am not sure on your personal skills. But read this before getting a VPS.
    Most of us are familiar with cpanel for hosting websites as many hosts offer this. Odds are, you probly have used cpanel already.

When you get a vps, (depending on your provider) it essentially is a blank slate that you can do almost anything you want with. SSHVM, for example, has multiple operating systems you can choose to install on the VPS with just 1 click. (such as centos/ubuntu). But installing this, will leave you dazed and confused as to how the F*** to get your sites going. SSHVM does (or did) have an option to install the OS and KLOXO (retarded and free version of cpanel that does work ok).
    Not to mention you are completely vulnerable. There are basic steps to take to harden / protect your system and if you lack experience, it will not be easy, especially if you are not used to linux and using the command line for everything.

IF you want to get cpanel installed on your VPS, to take advantage of an easy to use platform, added security features to it, suddenly you have an expensive cpanel license per month, AND you cant use a 128mb vps, in fact 512mb is minimum for cpanel, then if you are running wordpress sites, 1024mb vps might not be enough... you plan to run 30 websites? If using cpanel, depending on everything, even 1024 might not be enough and you might have to scale up as each site starts to grow.

You can see the price is going up....

But wait there is more.
    Cheapest VPS providers might have a single cheap, non-enterprise HDD powering the server. GOODLUCK!!! Providers using raid 10 enterprise drives cost more. They generally make it clear that they have this in place to justify the higher pricing. The cheap ones wont advertise it, and wont tell you to cross your fingers hoping for the best.

BUt wait, there is more.
    Who is managing the server? There is no such thing as an "unmanaged server"... somebody has to manage it. Either you are paying someone to do it, or YOU are doing it. If you cant, (or wont do it), then you need to get someone else to monitor and manage the server.... can you afford the cost? If it gets hacked and you need help, a tech could cost hundreds.

Taking a VPS and being serious about it, a low $50per year budget is unrealistic. Instead, find a highly recommended hosting provider and take a shared hosting account, OR even a reseller account. Make sure they allows for mutliple addon domains. Find one that has cloud linux installed. Now the cost to you, might be almost nothing per month, but you are on a platform that is easy to use, safe, secure, with redundant HDD's in place, (hopefully daily backups) as well as support. If your site goes down, or has trouble and you are on vacation, just send an email and let the host handle it. Yell at them if its not fixed in exactly 5minutes.
    BUT if it is your own VPS, and you dont manage it properly and you are not paying someone to manage it, If it gets hacked, your going to be in for a world of pain. I have seen people lose all their sites. No backups. I have seen providers wipe users VPS as it was "compromised" and spamming attacks.

What you do is up to you. if you do want to play with VPS, check out SSHVM (was about $2 and was easy to get kloxo running last time I tried) and check out digital ocean (start a vps, have some fun, destroy it, and you only pay for the time that it was active. was about $5 per month, but if you destroy it, could end up costing you just a few cents and I think they had free credit for new people at one stage. good for learning).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    matt_62, Oct 28, 2015 IP
    th.sigit likes this.
  14. zeeshan125

zeeshan125 Member

Best Answers:
    I think to place founds in anywhere without doing struggle is risky thing.. In this way you have both the chances to succeed of failed even u can lost your own money.. I will suggest u to do some work for this purpose and then think about to increase your money because you have less time to increase your money. You should start some quick sale purchase businesses like second hand cars purchasing and then selling them above their cost.. Same like this you can do mobile business and you can also put some of your money in stock exchange or forex trading etc... I hope these things will increase your amount from 1000$ ti 5000$ in a year.....

zeeshan125, Oct 28, 2015 IP