1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

100 reasons to get Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Bing' started by z_kingtut, Oct 14, 2007.

1. The General

The General Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, meaning that Vista biggest new feature is not able to run on your relatively new computer.

The General, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  2. Ara

Ara Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree, it looks good but no more

Ara, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  3. XandroZ

XandroZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Nero,not some games, many games (yes not 2007, but 2006), Daemon Tools,
    Alcohol 120% not working properly, my new 2007 printer driver Vista ready (vista block printer after one print sesion),my DVD-RW driver(can update - original driver - because after that I will not see my DVD-RW, so roll-back), my scanner driver and related applications, Sony Vegas not working properly,Xampp and apache rights managemets problem, stupid DRM protection for my own home made videos, 1.5 GB of Ram,stupid security permissions on instal or copying files and many other problems.
    My "Vista" and computer provider sells Vista Upgrades , I will go ask him if he sells also Vista downgrades to XP.:mad:

Maybe people that says is working find using Vista only for browsing,Solitaire and Office or simple task.
    I didn't buyed a powerful computer for something else, not for Vista to eating many resources.

XandroZ, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  4. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Vista(if for anyone) is for the people who make word documents and sort images files. Whats for the developers??? An upgraded Notepad??:D I bet Notepad is the same in Vista as it always has been.Any compilers or anything like that are dead meat.

clinton, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  5. whatsthedeal

whatsthedeal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have Vista and can't stand it.

whatsthedeal, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  6. mfolan

mfolan Guest

Best Answers:
    I just have to say a great reply!! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mikefolan.com - Tech, blogging and Hack Tips.

christmastreecollection.blogspot.com - Still dont' ahve a great Christmas tree yet?

ipoddock.blogspot.com - iPod, iPhone Docking Station.

mfolan, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  7. bryan_9044

bryan_9044 Banned

Best Answers:
    Security is one of the biggest issues that has plagued Microsoft's operating systems in recent years.There are a number of security and safety features new to Windows Vista,But I specialize this post to Windows Defender tool, and hope it can be helpful for DP users :

* Windows Vista includes a new tool called Windows Defender. Windows Defender is a utility that is designed to fight spyware.It also includes real-time security agents that monitors areas of Vista for possible changes caused by spyware. There is also a SpyNet network so users can communicate with Microsoft to check questionable apps.Windows Defender includes the ability to easily remove ActiveX applications that are installed too.
    Windows Defender is signature-based, using descriptions that uniquely identify spyware and other potentially unwanted software to detect and remove known applications. Windows Defender regularly retrieves new signatures from Microsoft so it can identify and remove newly created spyware and other potentially unwanted software
    You can find Windows Defender by opening the WSC and selecting the Windows Defender link. This will invoke the Windows Defender application. If your system is already up-to-date, Windows Defender will report that there is no harmful or unwanted software on your system and that your computer is running normally. If you have not run a scan yet, or your last scan was a while ago, you will be prompted with scan options.
    -------------
    Note: Despite a Microsoft executive's claim to the contrary, Vista users should continue protecting their systems with antivirus software.

bryan_9044, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  8. InFloW

InFloW Peon

Best Answers:
    Err

I haven't had a single game not work. I am running daemon tools fine and I also have xampp running without issue. Could it be that you do not follow instructions? xampp for example clearly states do not install it in program files. Others clearly state run as administrator.

And DRM how exactly is it affecting you? You can play video's that you did not purchase. It's used for those stupid video's from online stores that require that stuff to work.

InFloW, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  9. PokerCardEnt

PokerCardEnt Guest

Best Answers:
    "people are saying "wow" about Windows Vista "

Hold it right there. When people say "wow" about Vista, the following words are either:

A. "wow, I can't believe I spent money on this."
    B. "wow, I'm gonna have to get linux or downgrade to XP."
    C. "wow, way to f*** it up Microsoft."
    or
    D. all of the above.

PokerCardEnt, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  10. Opterhost

Opterhost Banned

Best Answers:
    1 way to get Vista without the risks:

Get Window Blinds, and volia! All the gadgets you want with Vista, but with an XP interface! Plus design the way your PC feels and looks with custom skins from others!

Opterhost, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  11. GoryaW

GoryaW Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a XP fan..sorry, though i have installed VISTA on one pc, I prefer working with XP..sorry!!

GoryaW, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  12. nuketro0p3r

nuketro0p3r Peon

Best Answers:
    :D
    1 reason for not getting vista :D: It requires more resources then XP

nuketro0p3r, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  13. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like these windows:D

[​IMG]

clinton, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  14. Joseph_Sycoblue

Joseph_Sycoblue Peon

Best Answers:
    All i have ot say is , my friend's dad works for Computer Assoicates And they ended up testing this software about a year and a half before it came out so i ended up using it for a short period of time, but in that time i have relized that has come along way from wat it was and still is getting better and better with all its updates but it BLOWS and thats just simply for the fact it takes way to much ram, cpu and other shit to run

Joseph_Sycoblue, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  15. khakicom

khakicom Banned

Best Answers:
    hmmmm........not bad....not bad...
    but xp has more :p

khakicom, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  16. lalitnagrath

lalitnagrath Banned

Best Answers:
    dikhavo pe na jao apni akal lagao

Conversion of above text
    "dont go with masses use your brain "

lalitnagrath, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  17. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sorry but I don't see any of these reasons to be so attractive that one consider to buy vista

angilina, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  18. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you're right. Vista was made for a user not for a developer. It's just a matter of choice. I got two PCs, one runs Win98, other is XP. I use the 98 for some serious vintage stuff. If I'd fancy a user OS, I'd go for Vista.

I mean, there are pink Peugeot Cabriolets and black Rolls-Royces with humming V8. Girls love pink cabrios, so let 'em have it... but I'll stick with my good olde smoky Roller!

So stop whining everybody and choose what you like. :D

P.S. Clinton, your Windows are cute, how about this?
    [​IMG]

tankard, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  19. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have Vista on my new laptop. If you get it for the same price as a cracked version of XP in Thailand why not take it. I had no problem with it so far, it is a bit fast to install new hardware it finds sometimes.

TheSyndicate, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  20. pirate_princess

pirate_princess Peon

Best Answers:
    i cant think of 100 reasons coz i hate vista.. xp roCks! sorry for my opinion..

pirate_princess, Jan 22, 2008 IP