1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 per month

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by saurabhk, May 25, 2006.

1. webviz

webviz Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pretty low... I made $65.00 in one day with YPN.

webviz, May 31, 2006 IP
  2. mahmood

mahmood Guest

Best Answers:
    I found this script somewhere, it helped me a lot. Perhaps it helps you as well

$w = amount of work you need for $100
    $x = your earning now;
    $y = the amount of work you are doing now 
    $z = unpredictable factors - lets say 1 for the moment -;

$w = ($y/your_knowledge) * 100/$x * $z;
    PHP:
    Based of it the more your knowlege the less you need to work. Some factors such as increasing competition and increasing number of people who use the internet comes in $z category.

Actually I have already found a few - around 100 - bugs in the above script, for example if your earning is 0 now you have to work for eternity. :D

mahmood, May 31, 2006 IP
    corinaw likes this.
  3. v1nce

v1nce Peon

Best Answers:
    Provide a site/service that adds something useful to the Net. Otherwise don't bother.

v1nce, May 31, 2006 IP
  4. MakeSens

MakeSens Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you ask me unique content isn't the major factor with adsense... I saw many websites, it was only one sentence and 3 big large rectangle adsense ads, when I first saw.. I told myself... isn't this againts TOS ? well, yes, it is.. but the strangest thing was that I found that website through adwords... incredible, if you pay google then you can brake TOS.. Unique content is only good for a long term, I mean at least a half year.. attract the visitors with something, then make them to click the ad, this is the only secret:) Place ads on the header and footer too.. use pictures near ads, blend to background the ads..these would be the best tips..
    Free link directories sux in my opinion...those are even more unpopular then your site..I link exchanged with tons of sites, and nothing...my stats tracker never showed me a those link directories as a good refferer... you must invent some money on advertising, or find a good site with to trade with... usually you can't find any good sites, because they won't place your site to a good place, maybe after the 6418th link..

But guys, can you tell me how do you "aim" 100$ and then 200$ ? You sit down and say, "I aim the magic 100$ with my rocker launcher" ?:)) Or how do you make, how can you aim traffic? Link trade and then long wait..what else can you make? Really..

Good luck everybody!

MakeSens, May 31, 2006 IP
  5. saurabhk

saurabhk Peon

Best Answers:
    So how to get good traffic? A GOOD Web Site(right?)

And your viewes on those websites which claim to generate traffic for you?(for some fee of course).

saurabhk, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  6. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    20,000 unique visitors a month only gets you $100? That seems so low. I thought a site would be able to make a lot more with that type of traffic. I guess you would need a higher CTR. 200 clicks with 20,000 visitors seems on the low side, yet .50/click seems on the high side atleast compared to what I get per click which is an average of .15. Regardless, I have a LONG way to go. :D

However, with that type of traffic, I would probably be exploring additional revenue streams anyway.

Janet, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  7. gn77

gn77 Peon

Best Answers:
    lot of interesting comments :) But I guess creating a useful site with lot of content is the best time spent.

gn77, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  8. billabong

billabong Peon

Best Answers:
    Original content that your visitors will want to come back too = good traffic :)

billabong, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  9. malc

malc Peon

Best Answers:
    I think basically: The more content you have, the more words there are to get picked-up by search engines. Make your site with clean (x)html and keep it simple with lots of relevant content. You must have minimum 100 good pages. Use a good title for every page. Add some more pages every weekend. Don't use "Duplicate Content". Make a Sitemap. Don't pay for advertising.

malc, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  10. saurabhk

saurabhk Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again thanks fo your support. What is a sitemap?

saurabhk, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  11. malc

malc Peon

Best Answers:
    Ps: "Don't pay for advertising" until your site is complete and looking good. Also weigh up Risk+Reward.

a Sitemap is simply a ordered list of every page on your site.(ex.www.conversionchart.org/map.htm)

Put a link to your sitemap in your main navigation and when search engines follow that(ex.sitemap.html) link they will follow and index every page of your site. Search engines love pages with lots of links to follow to other internal pages.

Also read this article: www.nngroup.com/reports/sitemaps/

malc, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  12. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lots and lots of traffic will help you earn more and more :)

rosiee007, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  13. saurabhk

saurabhk Peon

Best Answers:
    i came to know that many people have started websites or blog just for adsense. they make websites on apparently higher paying key-words. Is this practice useful?

Also, Is placing adsense on higher Page rank websites more beneficial than on low PR ones?

saurabhk, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  14. malc

malc Peon

Best Answers:
    Making your Adsense site for higher paying keywords means you get more money per click on your ads.
    One click can give you 3cents or one click can give you $3.
    The goal is then still to get as much traffic as possible.

Search engines gives you very good quality traffic. People that come looking specifically for what you’re selling.
    A Higher pagerank(pr) means your site is higher on the list of search results.(very important)

malc, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  15. fablex

fablex Peon

Best Answers:
    the problem with aiming at high-paying keywords is that you have lots and lots of competition, so it is much harder to get ranked will in the search engines to get traffic...

fablex, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  16. dturnbull

dturnbull Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's hard, it's just that people aren't that motivated, or try to focus on the fads.

1. Find a topoc YOU like
    2. research keywords/phrases gettin 2000-10000 searches a month and optimize ur site for some of those
    3. write articles

It's all I did for my sites and i get just under $200 a month, now i just needa focus on increasin my traffic.

dturnbull, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  17. malc

malc Peon

Best Answers:
    I must agree, there is much more competition with everybody knowing what the good keywords are (e.g. mesothelioma) one of the rarest diseases but 1000's of sites dedicated to it.
    You have to be really creative in your keyword selection to succeed.

malc, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  18. MakeSens

MakeSens Peon

Best Answers:
    I just laugh at those mesothelioma websites...once somebody spread the word out that this keyword is paying the best and people started to make websites.. but there are better keywords...:)) anyway, to base on a keyword paying, make something what you know, don't copy paste the internet, make own stuff.. I hate sites with a few copied articles with 6million adsense blocks:))

MakeSens, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  19. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic, traffic and more traffic + High CTR = More money

maldives, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  20. saurabhk

saurabhk Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i have seen such sites which contain only a paragraph on mesothelioma and 3 ad units. I registered a domain a year back but never made a site, it expired, now i have another one but not sure on what topic should i make a website the domain is dwebmatrix.com

saurabhk, Jun 8, 2006 IP