1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 Logo Contest, winner takes all. Payment by paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 4, 2007.

1. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You got me big times Snk :D I discovered a free translation website and was showing off to some friends I can speak French and Italian. I looked impressive to them because they had no idea I can speak French and Italian (and of course I don't). They only speak English. Well...:D I will know next time not to try and show off to real Italians. Ok, this is my last attempt at Italian: Avere un grandi giorno ed uni ringraziamenti ancora :D

proteindude, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  2. Snk

Snk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    haha :D

right: "buona giornata e grazie ancora"

:D

Snk, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  3. xpressions

xpressions Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you again for the feedback. Let's try again, at least once more:

[​IMG]

xpressions, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  4. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Xpressions, this is mighty creative and very, very stylish. This entry has overtaken zmaja. before I had your entry and zmaja on the same level and I couldn't decide between the two. But yours I like now better.

However, my dilemma still remains: that big bold tilted S that DaveyBoy did is mighty creative. It's not the most creative but I still think it's the most "visible".

it's just a tug of war in my head: wonderful creativity (Xpressions) or high visibility (DaveyBoy) Hard to decide.

I need to sleep on it and I will do that because it's nearly midnight here.

Snk: my last attempt at Italian :D (I'll try a simpler one): La notte buona tutti

5. Snk

Snk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    rotfl :D

right: buona notte a tutti

ahha :D

Snk, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  6. A-L_E-X

A-L_E-X Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

A-L_E-X, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  7. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Damn, tough competition here. I'll try Again.

Hecky, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  8. Hecky

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

-Hecky

Hecky, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  9. Hecky

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Added...don't know what it's called :)

Hecky, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  10. DesignChampion

DesignChampion Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DesignChampion, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  11. raghav

raghav Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Logo Proposal

[​IMG]

Feedback Appreciated

raghav, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  12. designX

designX Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your feedback.

Revised logo version.

[​IMG]

Thanks.

designX, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good morning everyone and Il signore SNK di mattina buono (sorry Snk, I can't help it with my newly found talent :) )
    I had a very good sleep and everything is a lot clearer in my head. It is Tuesday at my end but not in USA so technically I will wait a few more hours before I announce the winner, just to make sure it is Tuesday.
    You know I have to say the usual nice guy stuff: "What great entries and so on, and great efforts etc." And of course I am going to say this and mean it. But personally what I like the best about digitalpoint designers is the pleasant spirit of competition where it's all run in a pleasant competitive manner. You guys rock. It is very refreshing to see there is no bitchiness and a lot of encouragement.

Alex: #206 Thanks a lot for this mate. It is very, very stylish and looks great. I also like the faint effect you put on the tile (diamond). It looks very elegant. The S was a little thin for my taste. This is a very elegant icon and perhaps just a little too elegant which makes it a little unsuitable. I also liked the first font (right under the icon). Thanks for the great effort Alex and thnks for taking part in this.

Hecky: #208 and #209 That mighty looking feline...you must be a very proud cat owner. Your entries have certainly improved and have become more creative. There is also style (I love that drop shadow effect for the icon) in your work. You left out one important part which was vibrancy. I was after something a little more vibrant. I am sure you can change the colours but at the same time, to use the words of a proud cat owner: "tough competition here." So I have to thank you for the great entries but I will be going with one of your competitors entry on this occassion. He doesn't own a cat (I know, shame on him. But at least he's from the same corner of the globe as you).

DesignChampion: thank you for giving this a try. I love the font you used for the S. That is a mighty looking S. It's very bold which I like. Also nice how you tried to use the S for both words. While I like the S, and it looks bold and you tried something different (using S for both words) I don't think it's quite strong enough to beat the competition.

Raghav: thank you so much for showing up and for taking part in this contest. I honestly appreciate your entry and was looking forward to it. It is a very nice and very stylish icon and also goes well with the font. It's a well balanced design and the only "issue" at the moment is there are a couple of other strong entries. perhaps the S could have been a little thicker for my liking but regardless this is one of the more "popular" entries. I use the word popular because I also showed the entries to some of my folks. I really appreciate your entry, and it is a very stylish one. I very much appreciate you taking part in this.

DesignX: I must say of all the designers on this forum you seem to be the one improving the most once feedback is provided. I have something to do with some bodybuilding shows and everytime they have the world championships (for amateurs) they always give a symbolic trophy for the most "improved" bodybuilder (improvement based on previous performance). You've taken really well to feedback and "improved" a lot. This new entry would have to be one I would consider. It is very stylish, very vibrant and very elegant and very pleasant looking. Again, the only issue here is "competition". I have several very strong entries to choose from and I will give my reason why I am choosing the winner. The more I look at your entry the more I like it but there is just one thing that I think is more important for me in this particular logo which is visibility. I think that I need to choose visibility/recognition (an S) over style and elegance. Thanks so much for taking part in this.

14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    As this is drawing to a close I must thank everyone for the great effort and please allow me to explain MY reasoning for choosing a particular design. It's been a tug of war between creativity (zmaja, xpressions, raghav) and recognition/visibility. I was tossing whether a more pleasant, creative, stylish logo would be easier to remember than a more visible one such as a big S. Everyone I showed the design liked the more creative ones but I have to think in terms of suitability. Because I intend to do a lot of repeat advertising I feel DaveyBoy design is more recognisible (easier to identify). Again, I don't consider DaveyBoy one the most creative and creativity wise I have to take my hat off to xpressions, zmaja, raghav and some of the other entries. Nevertheless, recognition is more important in this case and I feel DaveyBoy design is going to achieve that better. I may be wrong on this but this is how I feel. I will "officially" declare DaveyBoy the winner on Tuesday (US time) unless someone can pull a better one at the last minute (before Tuesday US time). So i don't waste your time I feel very strongly about DaveyBoy design as the winner.

15. A-L_E-X

A-L_E-X Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats Daveboy well done mate :).
    another great contest by you proteindude :)

A-L_E-X, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  16. MT_dead-eye_91

MT_dead-eye_91 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wow so many nice logos

MT_dead-eye_91, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  17. RakuX

RakuX Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congratulations Daveyboy. Also this was a pretty fun contest. :)

RakuX, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  18. raghav

raghav Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats Daveyboy,
    Another good contest proteindude.
    PS : I saw it after it got 10 pages :) due to my outstation trip.

raghav, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Alex and Raku, thanks for taking part in this. It's your great attitude not just the great designs that makes contests on dp worth holding.

Raghav: thanks for participating. If you got a couple of minutes to spare read post #94, #95 and #98. Looking at these posts, it's great to see DaveyBoy attitude and memory not just his great design skills.

20. reezluv

reezluv Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I know..thanks..I'm new in this area..just taking part..:)

reezluv, Sep 10, 2007 IP