1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 Logo Contest, winner takes all. Payment by paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Snk

Snk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    After dinner I'll post my works

my series

[​IMG]

color can be changed I've used some random colors
    now are all too small but if you want I can resize and post singles images

like this:

[​IMG]

Snk, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  2. A-L_E-X

A-L_E-X Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

A-L_E-X, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  3. Ace2016

Ace2016 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can add whatever you want to the ribbon

[​IMG]

I've still not finished my favourite design, will upload soon...

I can as you saw with the first rectangular designs change the colours to whatever you want

Ace2016, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  4. Ace2016

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Final Set of my Fav Designs out of all the one i did:

[​IMG]

Feedback Please

Ace2016, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  5. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the entries guys. I have just rocked up at work (10am right now in Melbourne, Australia) and am extremely busy. I will post my comments in a few hours but I just want to quickly say thank you for understanding my request (a more creative icon). Many great entries which I will comment on a little later on today.

proteindude, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  6. reezluv

reezluv Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    this is my entries..:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

reezluv, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  7. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This has been a very tough competition and I must thank everyone who took part in it. Again, my purpose of providing feedback is to let you know what I think. I am not asking for changes, I am just simply providing feedback.

DesignX: Thank you for giving this a try. They are both very, very stylish and very elegant designs. Perhaps just a touch too poshy looking even though they both look great. The icon is very creative and stylish. The fonts don't quite do it for me but I know they can be changed. At the moment I am concentrating mainly on the icon, which one again looks great but perhaps just a little too poshy for me.

xpressions: #175 I am sorry but this is not something I am after. I feel that S can also be mistaken for a G. It is a little too squarish for me. I think it would be more suitable for something a little more technical. #177 The icon is a little better but I still like the one in your previous posts. The font looks great though and the colours you've chosen are great as well but I am still more inclined to go with the previous ones.

Ace: #176 I feel like you also understood what I meant by a more creative icon. This is creative and stylish and elegant. Perhaps you could have used some colours that were a little more vibrant but I am sure you could change them if you were in the running. You will probably get annoyed hearing this again but this is also a problem for me: the thing is because of the many great entries I still feel zmaja and xpressions ones are in the lead. #183 A great entry but not exactly what I asked for. I was after a logo with a separate icon and that is why this one I would not consider. #184 they ALL look great and are creative but I also have to think in terms of suitability. The first one is the most suitable as I wanted an S to be part of the icon. The third one is also very creative and breaks away from the mould but still not exactly suitable. I guess it's one of those tough situations where you come up with some great designs and yet because of personal preferrence the client (me in this case) prefers other designs. Please also keep in mind I have a lot of strong entries I have to consider and in the end there can only be one winner. I must thank you for taking part in this and giving it a very good try.

Raku: thanks for the tries. The icons can be improved but I don't really like the S. If it wasn't for the other strong entries I think you can improve them but I must say they are not as strong as the rest. By using only a certain colour for each design, I think this also makes them look a little plain.

Hecky, thanks for the new try. It is certainly creative but again, it's not the best I've seen of Hecky. The colour combination is also a little too weak in my opinion. I was after something a little brighter. So I will also have to say no to this design but definitely an improvement over the previous one. And just as a general observation, I think using a greyish background for presentation makes your designs look a little...what's the word, can't find it, anyway, it doesn't show them in the best light. That awesome logo of the cat looks good in grey but not the background (that's just my opinion)

Snk: gratia for the entries. You've chosen some nice colour combination but I don't really like the icons. I just find them a little not so exciting design wise. I think if I was selling different products they would be a little more suitable but they look a little too industrial for me. The bottom row I think looks better, however even those icons are a little plain looking. I don't mind something simple but I think the bottom ones are just a little plain. Once again, thanks for entering this contest.

Alex: thanks again for the try but I will be straight to the point because I know you're a tough dude and can take it: I appreciate the entry but it's a little too plain. I don't think it's one of your stronger designs.

Reezluv: thanks for taking part in this. I don't think you read my instructions. I was after something a little more vibrant and your designs are the opposite of vibrant. I needed something more colourful, more vibrant.

proteindude, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  8. Ace2016

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feedback Please, I made it more vibrant and added 2 extra colours

[​IMG]

Ace2016, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is where I am at the moment: I like zmaja, xpressions and DaveyBoy icons the best. If I had to choose one right now I would go for DaveyBoy. Even though I like zmaja and xpressions better than all other entries I would still go for DaveyBoy one below. The reasons are simple: DaveyBoy one looks to be the most "memorable" if this makes sense. Zmaja and xpressions are more creative and more pleasant, but from a marketing point of view it's still DaveyBoy that seems to have a higher visibility because of the S icon.

This contest closes on Tuesday. If anyone wants to have another go, DaveyBoy (the icon not the font is the one to beat). I would still ask DaveyBoy for some small revisions (font and colour wise) if he was to win, but he is in the lead.

Hopefully you understand what I mean. If none of what I am saying makes sense please feel free to ask.

10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ace: just now I noticed your entry #188 Again: you've got style and elegance and while you've made them brighter and more vibrant I see this as only a small improvement. The entries are great but I just can't seem to get over the high visibility of the S in DaveyBoy icon. I think it's the high visibility that's tipping the balance DaveyBoy way. While I can't fault your designs, it's a competition and I am very fortunate to have very strong entries to choose from.

11. Ace2016

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feedback Please

[​IMG]

Ace2016, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  12. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I appreciate your new try. I am a little involved in the bodybuilding arena. When there are two contestants that look very close, the way the jury chooses the winner is by picking faults. The guys may look great but the only way of telling them apart is by looking for "flaws" which sometimes are hard to find. I also have that mentality. Remember that right now I am comparing everything with DaveyBoy entry. I think that DaveyBoy still has a better visibility because of the wide/bold font he chose for the S. By removing some of the edges the S seems to look a more free somehow. Your new ones are great but the font is thinner and the S is a little "feminine" for me.

13. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here is my last entry. please feedback :)

[​IMG]

watari, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Watari, thank you for this. The icons certainly look more vibrant than your previous entries which is a positive thing. While I appreciate the try allow me to give you MY reasons for not choosing your designs: I think the icons look a little cartoonish and the S in the icon is a little hard to read. I was after something more corporate looking. Thanks for taking part in this.

15. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    again .....

[​IMG]

watari, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry Watari, not heading in the right direction. Again, the Ss are a little hard to distinguish and they are not what I am after. I feel like the entries I am considering (zmaja, expressions and of course DaveyBoy) seem to be a little more modern and a little easier to read. I would call your current avatar (the one with the w on it) modern, but the designs you just submitted are not quite modern looking.

17. Snk

Snk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    latest works

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snk, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  18. Snk

Snk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    last one

[​IMG]

Snk, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    snk: ringraziarla molto per le entrate nuove (thanks for the new entries). Sorry but I can't help showing off a little Italian :) Your entries are great and they certainly have style. At the same time I feel DaveyBoy one is still a little more creative and a little more visible due to the thicker/bolder S.

20. Snk

Snk Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    haha :D
    the right words are:
    "Ti ringrazio molto per i nuovi lavori" :D

anyway I don't know if I have more time to dedicate at this contest, and I think thats are my latest entries

gl all :)

Snk, Sep 10, 2007 IP