1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$100 Logo Contest, winner takes all. Payment by paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Sep 4, 2007.

Hello DP designers,

I need a new logo which I need to look good. And I know this is the best place to run a contest :)

Here's what I need:

The name of the logo is Super Supplements

It MUST have a very stylish icon (you can even do something with a touch of 3D but not necessary)

I want something elegant and stylish

It has to look very professional and corporate

I don't mind simple but it must not be plain

It needs to look a little energetic, or a little bright but it must still be professional looking.

Colours you can use: you can use as many colours or as few as long as you satisfy the requirements above. Colours suggestions you can choose to use are: red, orange, blue, burgundy and white.

Winner will be paid $100 via paypal. Winner agrees to do some small alterations if requested. Files must be supplied in psd

Any questions feel free to ask. I will endeavour to provide feedback but I am not always close to a computer. I will close this contest on Tuesday 11 September as I want to give everyone who wants to enter plenty of time. Also this logo is important to me so that is why I will let it run for a few days. So good luck to all, and thanks for entering my contest.

proteindude, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey mate,

What format are you wanting the logo in? Do you need it printable? I notice you require a PSD so if it needs printing, we will need to make our logos in 300dpi.

Will probably enter if I get the chance.

Cheers,
    Davey.

DaveyBoy, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  3. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Another contest, proteindude! I'll enter for sure :D

Hecky, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  4. limitless

limitless Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok! So Here's mine, I can change whatever you want. Feedback please. ;)

[​IMG]

limitless, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  5. xpressions

xpressions Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Could you tell us a bit about the supplements itself? Are they organic? For male/female? etc. etc. In the meantime, here's a couple of draft concepts.

[​IMG]

xpressions, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  6. Speno

Speno Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ProteinDude!!! another contest, guarantee this gets about 100 entries as per :p heres my first try, i'm gonna enter something more corporate later, when i've got time, but im just warming up for now :)

[​IMG]

Speno, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  7. ipodfreek

ipodfreek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Honestly I have no idea what this is, but I kind of like it. :)

[​IMG]

ipodfreek, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  8. ASM Design

ASM Design Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ill be in too :D

ASM Design, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  9. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Davey, first of all thanks for considering this. Thanks for bringing up the printing needs. YES, I will ned this to be printed on brochures and letterheads, business cards etc. Highly unlikely this logo will go on posters. I am not a designer so I am hoping this will give you an idea about the resolution.

Xpressions: thanks for the entry. The "supplements" themselves are your regular sports supplements which I know this maybe tells you nothing. It's for a wholesale business so the public never gets to see the logo. However, when it gets introduced to gym owners or managers it needs to inspire trust. I prefer something neutral. The focus is to subconciously look at a logo and think quality, or trustworthiness. Not sure if this makes much sense.

Thanks for the entry Speno. I will come back shortly with feedback.

Hecky and ASM, thanks for considering this. I look forward to your entries. Hey ASM, I agree with you: that $1 logo that you liked is a real killer. Two days later I am still laughing at it. Especially when I think fade said he will offer it in vector format if he wins. Boy that's funny.

10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Again, when I am offering feedback, I am not asking you to change things I am only offering feedback. I don't want to waste your time doing changes when I know your design/s won't be chosen. This is a general observation. Please feel free to do changes, but at the moment I am mainly interested in concepts.

Limitless, thanks for the entry. I can see you put some effort into it but let me be totally honest and say it's not working for me. It bugs me to say this especially since I see the effort involved. In some strange way it makes me think of a chef's logo. The SS look like a chef's hat and the waves underneath look like a camp fire. I think you tried too hard with the icon and despite the effort it did not turn out in the desired fashion. I like your second one the best because it has some little sparkle, that blue and orange combination looks good. I looked at your portfolio and one logo I would have chosen is the T ranslux one. It's simple and elegant and has an icon. I would have changed the colours though. I am hoping this gives you an idea about what I am after.

Xpressions, thanks for the entries. The first one is not something I would consider. It is a pleasant and stylish logo but it's not the theme I am after. I am after something more corporate somehow. This one looks a little too natural. Your second one is definitely something I would consider. The font is not bad, the icon looks good but the colours don't do it for me. The reason you won my chocolate contest is because you managed to brighten up that cocoa bean. I need this logo to have some kind of a sparkle, some colour, something to brighten it up, which at the moment I feel is lacking.

Speno: this is MY personal opinion so please disregard it if you see it different. When you present the logo, you placed it on a background that seems to go a little dark towards the edges. I (again this is just me) feel these darker shades towards the edges give your presentation a little sober look and takes away from the actual logo. Now to the logo itself: the icon is not too bad. It's stylish and looks ok but I think it can be improved. I don't really like the font you used. I need something a little more corporate, and the colours need to be somehow a little brighter.

Ipod, thanks for the entry. I am glad you like it but I don't :) I just feel it is all over the place and it would be more suitable for some sound company (to me those half circles look like sound waves).

11. ipodfreek

ipodfreek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Proteindude- I wasn't taking myself very seriously when I did that. I never expected you to like it. :)

12. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wasn't taking it seriously either. But just in case .....sometimes kids show up around here thinking differently about their entries. So here's my official "non serious" reply: Stop wasting time and come up with a logo I can use :D Come to think of it, I am also wastimg time myself right now. I'm off :p

13. ipodfreek

ipodfreek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ipod: this looks better but still not what I am after. the SS icon has some style but it's a little too dark. I also feel that it's not quite matching the font. The font looks a little amateurish and I need something more professional, more corporate.

15. Fidel_Castro

Fidel_Castro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Feedback appreciated. Thanks

Fidel_Castro, Sep 4, 2007 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Fidel, thanks for the entry. Yours is a hard one to evaluate. You followed some of my requirements: it certainly looks stylish and corporate. That's the positive. On the downside I don't really like the colours. I wanted something a little bright, a little alive but not going over the top. The icon you used is also classy but it's still a little dull. Thanks for the try.

17. ipodfreek

ipodfreek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll re-work it.

18. Fidel_Castro

Fidel_Castro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    proteindude, thanks for feedback. Colors, of course, can be changed, thats no problem. I will try with other icon, cause this one, obviously don't fit your request :)

Fidel_Castro, Sep 4, 2007 IP
  19. ipodfreek

ipodfreek Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Does this get any closer?

[​IMG]

20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Fidel. BTW, shouldn't you be sleeping at this time of day/night?

Sorry ipod: this is less attractive than your previous one. This new one looks amateurish. And also the difference in size between the text and icon I feel like it's really unbalanced.