1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

100 Directories Submission

Discussion in 'Services' started by bluemouse2, Apr 26, 2005.

1. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can take 2 orders for the moment!

bluemouse2, May 2, 2005 IP
  2. bluemouse2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One order received. I can take one more order.

bluemouse2, May 3, 2005 IP
  3. WeRASkitzzo

WeRASkitzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This just seems a bit sketchy to me. 50 static links would be good for 50 bucks if for no other reason to post the list somewhere so people dont have to pay $50 for the info any more. Before ordering I would have to have a money back guarantee that they would be static, non-redirected links. Also if the pages with the links have never been seen by G or any of the other SE's they wont do you any good. Not saying this operation isnt on the level just saying be careful before you pay for services such as this...

WeRASkitzzo, May 3, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It isn't sketchy..He is just submitting to a list of directories just like you would (something like the vile silencer list)

You are paying for the work, not for the links

yfs1, May 3, 2005 IP
  5. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And it's a very good price for the amount of work involved, trust me.

I would suggest to the OP that he publish the list itself - if people wanna pay for the service they will and if they don't they will get the info elsewhere anyway. Posting the list would save members wondering if there are any on there they have already got listed in and they could check a couple out to find what type of links they would be getting.

Padawan, May 3, 2005 IP
  6. WeRASkitzzo

WeRASkitzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I got no problem paying for the work but the lack of info such as how many are static links etc makes me hesitant. Having wasted a couple hundred bucks on stuff like this in the past makes me (probably overly) wary of stuff like this. Not saying anything about this guy personally just that more info would lend more credibility.

7. bluemouse2

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will consider your reply and I will post the list of directories soon :cool:

bluemouse2, May 3, 2005 IP
  8. WeRASkitzzo

WeRASkitzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I dont know that I would expect him to go that far. If he posts the list he loses some potential customers. I know I would just copy the list and register using roboform and save the money.

9. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

I don't think you are getting the point. Good directory lists are no secret and there are a lot of excellent free ones frequently posted her (Vile Silencer being one of the best)

This is if you don't have the time to submit yourself as you are proposing

yfs1, May 3, 2005 IP
  10. pilky

pilky Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I paid for the service provided by bluemouse2. I have the list of directories and just checked through the top few on the list. The homepages mainly seem to be PR1/2 with the best one in the first 10 being pr5.

The timestamps on the emails in the account provided seem to suggest that the work was done in an automated fashion, maybe with a form filler.

That said, I think the service is probably worth the money from my point of view as my time is very limited at the moment. In fact, I think I will be returning for another site submission soon.

pilky, May 3, 2005 IP
  11. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    After submitting to 200 directories for one site I can tell you it is a tedious and time consuming task.....made more difficult by the different ways each directory requires you to submit....different lengths of characters for keywords and description for starters.
    The problem is, after all that I think less than 20 actually got around to listing my site. These were all free non-reciprocal directories I submitted to, giving them a reciprocal would have got my site listed in a lot more I guess but they did say it wasn't necessary.

Now I have another five sites I need to submit for :eek: and would gladly pay but I would want to be assured they will be listed.

Cyclops, May 3, 2005 IP
  12. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't think anybody will be able to guarantee submissions to directories unless they own the directories themselves. I can guarantee you submission to mine though! :D

Oh, and a bit off topic: But, I was just wondering why you have listed your websites the way you have in your signature. Don't you believe in anchor text??

dfsweb, May 3, 2005 IP
  13. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    cyclops, how would anyone assure your site will be listed in all directories ?

Its up to directory owner who decides the inclusion. I'm about to start directory submission service and will try to submit in proper categories and will add reciprocal if you are interested.

Tuning, May 3, 2005 IP
  14. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    carefully writing titles/descriptions and choosing right category will make a difference. I had at least 23 approvals in the first three days after the submission to 100 directories.

dejaone, May 3, 2005 IP
  15. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not clever enough to get it right yet :D , there's so much to learn, I think I have one area sorted then find 20 more things I hadn't considered so I am getting to know a lot about very little :D .
    Give me another 12 months and hopefully I will have most of it tied together.

I realise no one can guarantee submissions, what I was working towards was that the people who charge for the submitting process should at least know that with each directory they submit to there is a 90% chance that the site will be approved. Have there own sites been approved is my first question.

I could charge for submitting and submit sites to 200 directories by filling out every form the same way, half wouldn't even be close to the guidelines but I could still show that I had completed the process.

>>>carefully writing titles/descriptions and choosing right category will make a difference.<<<
    I found that out as I went through the process of submitting to all the directories, it was an evolving process tinkering with the keywords and descriptions as I went. I left the high PR ones to last so there would be no mistakes with them......still haven't tackled DMOZ yet :D

Cyclops, May 3, 2005 IP
  16. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    :D well I nutted that out but now I am restricted to four links, why is that, I had 6 before :confused: .

Cyclops, May 4, 2005 IP
  17. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's a valid consideration, though from what I have found, often it's not even that much about the guidelines. There are directories where they will not approve you even with a perfectly valid and non-spammy description, yet others shout "don't stuff keywords into title" and yet approve dozens of such submissions anyway.

Part of that might be that some of the directories have "default rules" in place that came defaultly with the installation of the directory sofware, yet the owners operate by different rules. Which is perfectly OK in my mind, just to show the rules are not everything. It also pays off the check few of the directory pages before submitting.

Another problems is some categories do not exist in certain directories. To take one client as an example, I had to go creative, filling their entry as online radio or cd store (which was only small part of their activities), because in some directories there was not even a related category to what was their main activity.

subseo, May 4, 2005 IP
  18. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah, I noticed that too as I am restricted to four links as well. But, I thought it might have to do with the amount of points you get (feedback). So, if your feedback goes over a certain amount, you can have more links in your sig. This is obviously not the case. So, not sure!

dfsweb, May 4, 2005 IP