1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling 100.000+ monthly visits; Organic search; 15.000 Indexed pages; PR 3

Discussion in 'Sites' started by milivojac, Jun 2, 2015.

Selling page rank 3 wallpaper website with over 100.000 monthly hits from Google. Traffic is 100% organic.

Site is wordpress and all changes can be easily made through admin panel. All the attachments are posted below the listing. If you want me to add you to analytics to inspect the traffic, PM me. For any other questions – PM me.

milivojac, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  2. milivojac

milivojac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 4
    I will redesign the site for free with any template new owner wants. New logo as well. I will also update the site with new images once.

Site has a lot of organic traffic and it can be easily monetized. Place adsense and start making money with it.

One more thing. Analytics has been installed on May 10th. That is why it only shows traffic from that day, but it has traffic even before that. I can submit previous statcounter data.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  3. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The site is a month old and the traffic is all fake. No one wants your india scam horsecrap.

DinoJRG, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  4. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Why Are you selling it? How much money do you make from it right now? Is it banned from Adsense?

Statcounter and google screen shots would be nice, I would like to mention that I do not see your attachments. Again, am I over looking something that's right in front of my face, or did you forget to put them up?

Hi, that's a pretty heavy allegation. Can you share how you came up with that information about the website? I'm just curious at how you arrived at your conclusion that it's a scam shit site. Usually when people say stuff like that, they make some points about why they said it. Are you joking? Or for real, if for real, share your knowledge with the rest of us who don't know how to figure out a scam fake site's traffic rankings. Okay, thanks.

Karen May Jones, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  5. milivojac

milivojac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 4
    Ohh hi, seems that you know geography pretty well. I also look like an indian, as you can see from my profile picture :) Smart one brother ;)

6. milivojac

milivojac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 4
    That's just what I do, sell sites. I haven't placed the ads on it so I got no revenue yet. It is not banned from adsense and you can check that online (there is a adsense banned checker).
    I'll post previous traffic stats in the morning, as I'm already in bed now. I can also add you to the current GA so you can check the last 22 days traffic by yourself.
    This guy thinks that India is in Europe, that tells you a lot about him. ;) I'll add him to analytics as well so he can inspect the traffic for as long as he wants.

Karen May Jones likes this.
  7. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    You dont have to add me. Me and analytics dont get along everysince youtube and google merged. I have two separate accounts now one tht I have to use with youtube because they made me set it up like that. -- and getting signed in and signed out is a real B..ummer! --- your screens will be fine. It seems like a nice price for a site with good traffic, ... I just didnt understand why the other member was berating it without showing what the problem was. Either way, good luck with your sale, I will add you to my circles in case you come up with something more my style. Thanks again!! (was just being nosy, sorry)

Karen May Jones, Jun 2, 2015 IP
    milivojac likes this.
  8. milivojac

milivojac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 4
    I can create site with more style or redesign this one for you if you want :)
    It's really me on the profile picture, so no Indian "horsecrap" ;) [​IMG]

Karen May Jones likes this.
  9. tenkeys

tenkeys Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL this is the most engaging thread and most straightforward seller that I've come across. Let's hope no one ask to see your passport to verify your citizenship. Nice ink btw!

tenkeys, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  10. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    This website is definitely a scam.

Here are a few reasons why I came up with that conclusion:

1) The description itself

Organic traffic is freakin' awesome.

If a website is truly receiving genuine organic traffic, generally the seller wouldn't use phrases like "If you want me to add you to analytics to inspect the traffic, PM me."

Why would they want to keep something so important (and valuable) a secret?

That's like selling a rare diamond in a back alley - nobody in their right mind would do that.

The real reason is they don't want traffic experts (like myself) calling them out in front of unsuspecting buyers.

2) The lack of keywords

This sort of goes along with point #1.

Anyone who owns a website with organic traffic knows exactly which keywords are bringing in said traffic.

They would be eager to post both Google Search Console and Google Analytics Organic Source screenshots.

They would list each keyword bringing in traffic so that potential buyers could inspect the SERP themselves.

They would post archived data from tools such as Pro Rank Tracker to show that the keywords hold their positions over time.

I own a few websites where my keywords jump between page 1 and page 2 depending on the day... this is not as valuable as having keywords that sit on page one and don't move.

3) Spammy Backlinks

So, we all know how Google works, right?

Their algorithm largely determines a website's placement in their SERP by how many reputable websites link back to them, called a backlink.

Since this website is only a month old, and already receiving an awe-inspiring 100,000 organic visitors per month - it would be safe to assume that a week or so after launch, every website with single digit Alexa rankings offered this website a do follow backlink, correct?

Wrong.

Here is a screenshot of the most valuable backlink this website has, metrics wise:
    [​IMG]

You can see that this backlink was first noticed by Google on May 4th, 2015.
    The domain was registered on April 26, 2015.
    So, that looks good there, right?

Let's go ahead and take a look at the backlink in context:
    [​IMG]
    Seriously?

It doesn't take an Einstein to see that Google would never increase a ranking on any keyword with this type of backlink.

The rest of the backlinks are along the same lines as well, check the backlink report here:
    https://majestic.com/reports/site-e...studio.com&oq=vn-studio.com&IndexDataSource=F

4) Alexa Metrics

Alexa is pretty cool.

However...

I generally don't base a website's true value on Alexa reporting data alone, unless the domain is aged or the ranking is in the 5 digits.

However, when the seller declines to provide keyword traffic information, Alexa can be a great tool to get you started on your Easter egg hunt.

Now, Alexa is not Google. You have to take their data with a grain of salt.

Alexa will list some keywords that they have recorded as sending traffic to the website being analyzed.

I take these as "seed keywords" and try to built a keyword list around those.

After running about 200 keywords through Pro Rank Tracker, I can generally get an idea as to what keywords are actually sending the website traffic.

Let's take a look at the Alexa version of this website's organic traffic keywords:
    [​IMG]
    Any explanation needed?
    I didn't think so.

5) The Price!

This is a really big one for me.

I highly doubt anyone that participates in the DP marketplace is working solely for a non-profit. (although sometime's it feels that way!)

We want to make money... and lot's of it!

So, why would this seller put a BIN price of a fraction of what this site will make in a month?!

Let's do a little math here:

Organic traffic is the holy grail of traffic. Most of your visitors are already targeted to the niche you are in and eager to participate in your website.

Let's throw all affiliate marketing and private advertisers out the window for a minute, and focus solely on Adsense monetization.

Let's keep the numbers low, just to give this seller the benefit of the doubt.

Visitors per month: 100,000 (self-proclaimed)
    Adsense Click through rate: 2% (2,000 clicks)
    Adsense Cost per click: 0.35 (2,000 x 35 cents = $700.00)
    Minimum Monthly Profit: $700.00

Now, we all know that a website with 100,000 organic visitors per month is going to make THOUSANDS of dollars each month, this is just to keep it super simple.
    --

Ok, I could keep going on and on.

I could bring up the fact that he posted this same site on Flippa last week with totally different numbers and nobody bought it.

However, my coffee pot (not cup) needs a refill.

Any questions?

Matthew Sayle, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  11. tenkeys

tenkeys Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Give this man a cookie to go with his coffee quick! *thumbs up*

tenkeys, Jun 2, 2015 IP
    Matthew Sayle likes this.
  12. milivojac

milivojac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 4
    Well, if that's really you on the profile picture I would gladly send u my passport haha ;) :D

milivojac, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  13. milivojac

milivojac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 4
    Hi Matt. Nice case study :)
    1. Nothing is a secret here. Anyone can send PM or post public comment. I'll reply the same way to everyone.
    2. I'll post analytics stats here now so you and all other visitors can take a look.
    3. Domain is registered long time ago, it is only renewed in 2015. Who build backlinks to it before, I have no idea and I don't even care.
    4. Alexa is fine like u said. Alexa keyword tracker is not accurate at all (take a look at the keyword list)
    http://www.docdroid.net/12cql/analytics-all-web-site-data-channels-20150509-20150602.pdf.html
    5. I wanted to put $1.270 to be the price. My bad, sorry. I'll correct the price now.

Enjoy your coffee :)

14. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    In this case, it actually doesn't really matter how long ago the domain was registered.

It matters the first time Google crawled the newly launched site.

According to Archive.org, the last time this site was fully developed was December 18, 2014.

Here is a snapshot of what the website looked like then: https://web.archive.org/web/20141218065047/http://vn-studio.com/

Now, what about this content would persuade Google to index the website using wallpaper related keywords?

What probably happened was - the domain expired and you picked it up, a month ago.

How can you prove me wrong: Post a screenshot of the index status data from Google Search Console. This will give us an idea when pages were indexed.

Finally! A keyword list :)

Ok, so according to your data - your top 2 keywords (that we can see) are:

1) fast 7 paul walker
    2) hbo wallpapers

let's take a look at your rankings for these 2 keywords. I used the main 3 search engines and I also added many European and Russian search engines, in case that's where you were ranking.

[​IMG]

Now, you see the ones marked NTH?

That means you aren't even in the top 100 of their SERP.

Just for fun, let's go back to giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Let's say you actually were at the number 1 position for both keywords in all 3 major search engines.

According to Google, the average search volume for both of these keywords is significantly lower than you are reporting.

Let's take a look:
    [​IMG]
    Now, what you want us to believe is that you are receiving every single visitor that searches these keywords PLUS thousands more?

I do understand that there were a TON of searches for this keyword in the most recent months, but you weren't even a website until a month ago.

The gig is up man.

If you want to learn how to successfully create, market and sell a website for profit - I will teach you.

But, don't scam people - it's not right.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Matthew Sayle, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  15. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    This also intrigued me.

You don't care about your backlinks that are being indexed by Google?

Whether you built them or not, Google doesn't care.

You should disavow them as soon as possible.

You don't care?

My mind is blown...

That would be like someone barging into my office screaming,
    "the whole place is on fire!"

and me responding with,
    "I don't know who started the fire and I don't care."

It doesn't matter who started the fire.... PUT IT OUT!

16. milivojac

milivojac Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    57.1% - 4
    You're checking its rank on google but it probably gets traffix from google images. Ctr rates for these kind of traffic are lower than 2%. So this site can't make 700$ per month at this point.
    Also, I have nothing to do with Russia, Serbia is far from it.
    Give me your skype id, I'd like to talk to you about some future projects. Thanks

17. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Why can't you just admit that you purchased this traffic from Fiverr or SEOclerks?

I can't believe you actually received a bid on this site, you should be elated.

Why do you need my Skype ID? Just PM me here if you want to chat.

I don't know what "projects" you have in mind - but I think you and I have very different business models.

Still, feel free to PM me if you must.

Although, I doubt you will be on Digital Point much longer.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  18. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    One more thing I want to point out,
    [​IMG]

See how the data on these keywords is so close together?

That's almost a guaranteed sign that the same bot drove the "traffic" to both keywords.

Could you please post a screenshot of the search data from Google Search Console?

This will show your impressions vs clicks for these keywords in better detail.