1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 Steps to Choose right Keyword

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by dearali, Sep 8, 2010.

1.Revenue (ROI) -Pick the domain area where there is a possibility of generating enough revenue. Otherwise you may end up in creating a website and possibly able to bring at the top of search engine results but with minimum earnings (ad revenue +direct customer revenue), so keep ROI in mind, unless you are doing social service.
    2.Domain Knowledge -Make sure that you can generate content around the domain you have selected. ( For example I cannot create a website around health related topics)
    3.Keyword Research Tool -Do keyword research using Google Adwords: Keyword Tool - https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal (personally I don’t like other keyword tools)
    4.Competition -Pick the keyword with less competition and can generate at least 5000 (my target) searches per month using Keyword tool. (Again targeted search count depends on domain you are targeting. If you are targeting high revenue keyword such as Auto Insurance or Weight Loss ,few searches may bring enough customers or enough ad revenue ,on the other side if your domain is low revenue one ,you have to target keywords with high search rates to generate enough revenue)
    5.Keyword Trend –Pick the Keyword which can generate search consistently over a period of time or which is growing in your targeted geographic area. You don’t want to pick a topic which is declining. - www.google.com/trends
    6.Competitor Website Optimization Level -In order to get a full understanding of the competitive for the keyword, it's essential to know who's ranking for the keywords you're targeting. Query the selected keyword on Google( Google got 70% of search engine market share) and look at title, description and url text and content optimization of each top 10 result pages.( title, description and url text play major role in SEO ) .
    7.Competitor SEO Marketing Level -Check Back links and PR for each of top 10 pages (there are multiple sites/tools to identify Back links and PR’s, http://www.page-rank-lookup.com/, http://www.backlinkwatch.com/index.php ,WordTracker (I prefer), or you can search for link:url on Google).
    8.Zeroing on Keyword -If you believe that you can beat top 10 result pages in 6 (Competitor Website Optimization Level) and 7 (Competitor SEO Marketing Level) then you found your main keyword you want to build your website around.
    9.Pick Related keywords -Pick related keywords/keyword niches around main keyword using above strategy but you can pick ones with less no of searches per month compared to main keyword.
    10.Target Page views -Find out at least 10 keywords/keyword niches which you want to target, or target no of expected searches (example :Target 30,000 page views/month).

If you like this post please add reputation.

dearali, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  2. mrnadoa

mrnadoa Peon

Best Answers:
    What is your recommend niche area to generating enough revenue? or just find HPK

mrnadoa, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  3. dearali

dearali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest targetting audience who are in spending mood. For example laptop reviews ( he made his mind to buy laptop but looking for a good one),or site like photography where u can sell camera's ,sites on coupons or deals for a perticuler product.
    I dont suggest topics like recipes,or movie review site where you have less potential of selling something.

dearali, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  4. Eola

Eola Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for post!
    One of the important steps is a finding the right keyword research tool. To save your time I can advise you an awesome one - semrush.
    I don't want to advertise here ...though it looks like that already. Whatever, I want to help that's all.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    Eola, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  5. martinwork

martinwork Guest

Best Answers:
    Keyword selection is really important, right keyword definitely brings business and traffic, but before selectng keywords one thing should be kept in mind , and that is whats your ability of SEO? Selecting 300,000 monthly traffic word is not difficult, difficult is how to get this keyword on top.

martinwork, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  6. deadmad7

deadmad7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's the whole point of this Guide isn't it? To pick the "right" keyword. Not the one that would get you little traffic.

deadmad7, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  7. Ppeso

Ppeso Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have tip how to get into the top?

Ppeso, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  8. djzoonM

djzoonM Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks dearali, I often use Google Trends and Google keyword tool to select the keyword

djzoonM, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  9. Eola

Eola Guest

Best Answers:
    why do u like Google keyword tool?

Eola, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  10. dailygrind

dailygrind Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I made a site www.siteadsense.com out of a script I created to give me some idea of how to find good active keywords that are searched regularly on google....with value on clicks.

It really seems to help find out popular searched keywords and helps me figure (not all sites are the same) the adsense income potential for the organic traffic from those keywords.

It does a lot of realistic math for an adsense estimator.

dailygrind, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  11. topexnews

topexnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    sometimes its difficult to understand, when you building new site,
    what would be first EGG or Chicken. So, when you have site for some time, and you start getting traffic, look at keywords and see, which ones are getting more and then start building backlinks on those keywords ( choose the most matching site and the one brining more traffic )

so, sometimes Chicken comes before Egg

topexnews, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  12. adlermorris

adlermorris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keyword research or analysis is first step in SEO. Choosing or selection of the right keywords and phrases for website is an important part of the process of search engine optimization and making your site more visible to search engines and searchers alike.

Thanks for sharing such valuable information.

adlermorris, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  13. philstar

philstar Peon

Best Answers:
    If you research keywords based on programs, for example become an affiliate of a good paying program, at the moment there is loads of buzz about Keyword Winner and they have 50% commissions so then you post a review about it, then you can attract audience and sales this way too!

I use CBtrends.com to find good programs to promote, then keyword research becomes much easier!

philstar, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  14. dearali

dearali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    good point Philstar ,exactly best way to find out revenue generating keyword is identifying products asssiated with current trends.

dearali, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  15. allthehaillians

allthehaillians Peon

Best Answers:
    Mostly people use google adword tool to chose best keyword because it is easy to use.

allthehaillians, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  16. PSMDigital2010

PSMDigital2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Thanks for the wondeful tips.Domain Knowledge is very important but its not possible for everyone to know about every domain.Research can help you to be aware of certain domains.Domain Knowlege is also important when writing content.To make the site well content maintained one can hire a content writer to do it.Keeping yourself restriced to certain domains will leave one with small amount of opportunity to explore.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    PSMDigital2010, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  17. jonsy

jonsy Peon

Best Answers:
    All of kind members post there valuable views here. But still i have a question in my mind. As we all know that using a keyword more than 2 or 3 tyms is not good for chroling. But why?? I mean If the content have an appropriate meaning(not spam) and then how can a person reduce or replace his/her words with another words??

jonsy, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  18. nehabisht

nehabisht Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I also agree with all these points but i found that some time if a keywords are start appearing in search engines but they will not give you as much traffic as you required.

nehabisht, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  19. Amit Shrivastava

Amit Shrivastava Member

Best Answers:
    I am little bit confuse on this point,please any one explain to me ... By the way It is Amazing information.

Amit Shrivastava, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  20. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. keyword is the only resource that can do everything for a website...So right selection is must...Really great post..

showkatahmad, Apr 4, 2011 IP