1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying 10 PR Releases

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by SEO-WATCH, Oct 27, 2013.

I need somebody to write 10 PR releases for my business. Please send me references of work you have done in the past and price.

I need them with the next 2 days.

SEO-WATCH, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  2. qwertykris

qwertykris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I used to work for this guy a few years back. He was a long term customer and I trusted him. Sadly, he still owes me $200 for completed work. I tried contacting him through all the email ids we used to communicate on MULTIPLE times but to no avail. He wouldn't even reply to any of my messages.

So, if anyone is taking up this assignment ask for an advance in full because he has no problem not paying up after taking work done to specifications. I can provide proof of correspondence to the mods if necessary. Just a warning to the other writers applying for this job.

qwertykris, Oct 27, 2013 IP
    alinasandor, Greg B and debapriya deb like this.
  3. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I recently ran a $1.50 per 100 word special and you'd be surprised at how many scumbags didn't pay for their cheap content. Granted, most of them were one article come and go people but doing that thread reminded me of two very important things in this business.

1) Never work for cheap. Cheap rates attract cheap and shady clients.
    2) Never work for free. Always get something upfront, even if it's only 50% of the total to ensure you get some kind of security for your work.

Additionally, another thing you can do is, take a screenshot of your completed work and send the client the image file. If they want the actual document containing your work, they will release the funds and then you can send them the real file.

coreygeer, Oct 30, 2013 IP
    debapriya deb and qwertykris like this.
  4. qwertykris

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That is a pretty good way to increase the buyer's confidence. I haven't thought of that one before. However, it is too tedious to do every time. It should be a helpful strategy the first time we work for a new client when trust is low. The good clients offer to pay in advance but I guess that is hard to do too these days when both buyers and sellers are getting ripped off.

In this case, there were no issues with payments for more than a year of writing batches of articles occasionally. So I pretty much trusted him to pay once I delivered each order. At one point, the amount outstanding rose to $200 but I did not see any cause for alarm seeing as he usually paid up even if it was a bit delayed. Then he tells me he had some issues with his clients who are yet to review my work. Then silence. I mailed him at his other ID's and his Skype after waiting a few weeks thinking he had lost access to his usual ID. By then I was resigned as I realized he had taken me for a ride. Even now after posting about this, there has been no communication from him about the issue. I had even used his website to buy a domain during that time.

So yeah, long story short, best way to go would be to ensure the amount owed doesn't creep up and always get paid at least half of that amount in advance.

qwertykris, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  5. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It happens. I've had outstanding long term clients turn around and try to recall all their money as well.

Thankfully PayPal protects content writers and doesn't cover intangible goods or services.

ALWAYS have all of your payments made via Gift or PayPal. Do not let them pay with a Credit Card! Also, make sure they include a note or memo stating that it's for "articles" or "digital services".

I've learned a lot of lessons the hard way over the years, but just because a client is a long term client doesn't mean you can trust them.

I'm just acting as the middle man assuming all this is true. I wasn't there and either side of this story could be true.

coreygeer, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  6. qwertykris

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah, all good points. I thought Paypal did not help out writers because this isn't tangible stuff.

It is true unfortunately and I have all the email correspondence at my fingertips but I am not confident this guy is bothered about paying ever which is why I wanted to warn other writers from trusting him too much. And, I'm not sure how to contact the mods to verify all this and make him pay. It's okay to take on the work if you badly need the money and get paid in advance or some other reliable arrangement.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    qwertykris, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  7. rohit147

rohit147 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    I have always noticed you posting like this in almost all content creation threads. I had contacted you earlier to write an article for me "at your rates", which we agreed on. And guess what? I never received any confirmation from you whether you are going to write it or not.

And if you remember the rates i was offering? It was not those low-ball offers. I was looking for a writer and was searching again for some good writers, and here again i see your post in someone else's thread.

Why do you comment on others when you dont want to take up work (even at your own rates)?

rohit147, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  8. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just searched through my inbox and my Skype messages, I have nothing from you rohit147. I apologize if I missed a message but I'm not seeing anything either in my inbox here or my Skype.

coreygeer, Oct 31, 2013 IP