1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 New Unpublished Photos of Hiroshima

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by guerilla, May 8, 2008.

Ain't war great! Look at all of the dead bodies! :(

**WARNING: Lots of dead bodies

http://faculty.ucmerced.edu/smalloy/atomic_tragedy/photos.html

guerilla, May 8, 2008 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No , war is terrible. This was the result of ending one. The decision arguably saved 500,000 American lives alone and several more years of war.

Mia, May 8, 2008 IP
  3. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, many wars end by committing atrocities and slaughtering the enemy.

guerilla, May 8, 2008 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No atrocity of slaughter was committed, at least not by the US with regard to WWII.. If that is what you are trying to imply, I would say that you have lost the last of any marbles you may have proposed to have.

Mia, May 8, 2008 IP
  5. sweetsara

sweetsara Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, them pics are fake. :rolleyes:

sweetsara, May 8, 2008 IP
  6. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The use of nuclear weapons has been banned. In fact, using a nuke is now considered a war crime.

Looking at those photos with the dead bodies of women and children, you do not believe that nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki were atrocities?

Even the US military at the time was divided over using such a devastating weapon against enemy civilian centers.

Or would you have me believe that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were strictly military targets? C'mon Mia. The hubris is ridiculous. I say hubris, because it is inconceivable to me that you could be this naive or evil.

guerilla, May 8, 2008 IP
  7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And what responsibility does Japan have? They were warned of the impending attack and refused to surrender.

As fake as your desire to live under Hezbullah law?

browntwn, May 8, 2008 IP
    Mia likes this.
  8. sweetsara

sweetsara Peon

Best Answers:
    And that makes it OK? LOL

9. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you're saying that if I threaten to shoot you, and you don't surrender, I am justified in shooting you?

By your definition, America would be responsible if Russia threatened to nuke us, and we did not surrender.

What sort of logic is this?

The definition of terrorism is political violence carried out against civilians. Civilians are non-combatants. How you can justify bombing close to 200,000 people to death, mostly civilians, is beyond me. There is no moral justification for killing non-combatants in war. That is why it is considered a war crime to do so.

guerilla, May 8, 2008 IP
  10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It was a question about Japan's responsibility. I guess you are saying they bear none.

browntwn, May 8, 2008 IP
  11. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    browntwn, do you think it is justified to bomb civilians during war? Yes or no?

guerilla, May 8, 2008 IP
  12. godisgood

godisgood Banned

Best Answers:
    You know you all are discussing this in a very immature manner.
    Yea it is a shame that we dropped nuclear weapons. But the thing is we were at war and for the time period things like that were okay. Japan certainly had its share of atrocities. Every nation did. Yet on the large scale of things for that time period even with the bombings of Japan we were more 'humane' then a lot of the enemy. Plus the whole atomic bombing thing is not as bad as it has been made out to be. The fire bombings of Japan were way more devastating and kill way more people.

Either way for the time that is how war operated. We killed as many people as possible and civilians seemed to be targets. WW2 was sick.

godisgood, May 8, 2008 IP
  13. sweetsara

sweetsara Peon

Best Answers:
    lmao, did you seriously just call Guerilla immature and then say dropping a nuclear bomb on innocent people was humane and okay?

14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh boy...

Murdering women and children was "ok" during WWII?

I see. So then you must be ok with suicide terrorism today. That's sick and kills civilians too. :rolleyes:

guerilla, May 8, 2008 IP
  15. godisgood

godisgood Banned

Best Answers:
    No I did not. So why don't you stop trying to twist my words ok?
    You all are calling each other names instead of discussing things. That is what I called immature.

And I never said it was humane. I said that fire bombings were far more inhumane. Killed scores more of people.
    And if you didn't notice I had ' ' around humane signifying that no I was not calling it humane. It signified that I was saying it was not as bad as other things that went on at the time.

So I would appreciate it if you stop your lying and stick to what is presented.

And now that Guerilla feels the need to do the same thing as you I will point out his lies about my post.

I did not say it was ok to kill civilians. Way to take things out of context. Do not twist my words and accuse me of things you know I did not say.

16. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I replied to some of the naive propaganda that was posted by this poster recently, but deleted my post because it is pointless trying to communicate with someone who justifies murder, because they think they are morally superior to other people.

Remember this poster. He/she likes to justify killing civilians.

guerilla, May 8, 2008 IP
  17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let's break this down.

Where was the namecalling?

Here is a presentation. Are military attacks on civilians a war crime? Yes or no?

guerilla, May 8, 2008 IP
  18. godisgood

godisgood Banned

Best Answers:
    It is simple. You two are ignoring what I am saying and twisting words to come up with perverse meanings. I never once said killing civilians is okay. I said that for the time period that is how war was operated and then I said that fire bombings were more of a crime then the atomic bombs.

You all accusing me of wanting to kill civilians and playing your immature little games.

yes.

19. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    More people were killed in one night of firebombing in Tokyo than the atomic bomb dropped in Hiroshima. Crazy thought.

ReadyToGo, May 8, 2008 IP
  20. godisgood

godisgood Banned

Best Answers:
    Just proved the entire point I was making. Sadly you all can not see the obvious and insist on going off topic and twisting my words.