10 link building tips for 2013

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by marketingtopic, Mar 5, 2013.

?

Did you find this useful

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
    1. Hire a Competent Copywriter
    Don’t expect to get worthy links unless you also have great copy. All of your website content must be top shelf. Use words carefully and creatively. Make your copywriting delightful and this means to use a competent professional copywriter. Get your copy right. If you want some help with your copywriting then consider the using the content section on here to find a good freelance writer.
    2. Hire a Link Building Consultant
    Do you know your own link profile? How many in-coming links do you have now? What anchor text is being used to make the link? Which pages on your site are being linked to? How many links and of what type do your main competitors have? A link building consultant can tell you all of these things and will be able to help you shape your link profile and have methods to help your acquire links. This will save you a great amount of time and help you to gain valuable search position.
    3. Gain Links from Collaborators
    If your business works with collaborators (and which business doesn’t) then ask your vendors, suppliers, distributors or other business partners to link to your website.
    4. Link Building with Your Blog
    Start a blog and use it effectively. Post regularly and post great content. Highlight a part of your business with your blog posts and then link to the content on your site with a keyword phrase. This type of linking is not the most powerful but certain aspects of this type of link are excellent. For example, the link will be from relevant content and the link will be made with a keyword phrase.
    5. Create a Site with a Delightful Design
    Make your site as link-worthy as possible. If your site looks like it was designed and developed by your nephew who is in high school in his free time then you are lowering the likelihood that you will gain in-coming links. Create a first rate site to increase all opportunities to gain high-quality in-coming links.
    6. Seek Out a Reputable Link Building Provider
    Rent some high quality links from a high quality link provider. Top level link providers can provide you with a full set of keyword phrase links. The most valuable links are text links embedded in relevant content linking to relevant content on your site. Be sure to select a reputable company.
    7. Agree to an Interview
    If you can offer engaging, useful, and interesting content via an interview then you can gain a link from the interview page and a great interview can also go viral creating even more links. Interviews are a great way to create original content.
    8. Build Relationships
    Develop business relationships with non-competing businesses in the same field. Leverage these relationships online by recommending each other via links and distributing each other’s materials.
    9. Use a Great Image or infoGraphic
    If you use an interesting image or a well designed infographic then others will link to this page on your site. Always create and use delightful content and this must be extended to your imagery and graphics.
    10. Exchange Links (What!)
    Did I really just recommend reciprocal link building? Yes. However, do it on a small scale. Make sure that you get links from relevant partners that will send you traffic. Absolutely stay away from the link trading hubs and networks.

marketingtopic, Mar 5, 2013 IP
    xInd, HolyRoller and azharSEO like this.
  2. jgsketch

jgsketch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice list. You should add in Social Media as well. It's a very important part of SEO now. Social Media can easily provide links as long as you are engaged with your visitors.

jgsketch, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  3. marketingtopic

marketingtopic Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes thanks for that i will add social media to it. :)

xInd likes this.
  4. khooster1

khooster1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Video Marketing will be very relevant for List building, especially Youtube is one of the most searched site these days. Beside this, videos are comparable easier to rank than content.

khooster1, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  5. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    Nice list of ideas. To add: #1 doesn't need to be just copy; can be a useful tool, graph, report. Something of use to others, that related sites would consider linking to.

gotlivechat, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  6. marketingtopic

marketingtopic Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the nice comments on my list of ideas and i will take that in mind gotlivechat :)

7. jaismeen

jaismeen Member

Best Answers:
    All social media techniques such as video marketing, blog comment, post sharing all are very important.

jaismeen, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  8. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great post. I especially like the part about infographics and video marketing. Both can quickly go viral and you can pick up a lot of great links from them.

ultimat1, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  9. kingsweb

kingsweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One more is Guest Posting

kingsweb, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  10. Priya Sen

Priya Sen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most powerful today is guest posting and professional quality infographic.

Priya Sen, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  11. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Nice Post, I enjoy to read your post, keep natural work in link building.

azharSEO, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  12. johnhalsell

johnhalsell Member

Best Answers:
    Great ideas to build a backlinks, I like point 6 which is Seek Out a Reputable Link Building Provider. Thanks a lot

johnhalsell, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  13. Soumya Ranjan Swain

Soumya Ranjan Swain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice ideas, I like each & every point especially 6. Seek Out a Reputable Link Building Provider & 9. Use a Great Image or infoGraphic.

Thanks & keep up the good work :)

Soumya Ranjan Swain, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  14. Serp Creation

Serp Creation Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link building tips in details.

I would say that any site you link to make sure they are relevant and qualitative, and do it naturally, of course, it is going to help you.

Serp Creation, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  15. mttnk

mttnk Member

Best Answers:
    I just want to cerative my new blogs...Hope this can help me..Thank you!!!

mttnk, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  16. PioneerGlobal

PioneerGlobal Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Great Post. No 4th point about Blog, I like that point.

PioneerGlobal, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  17. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Awesome post, thank you. Yes I would have to say some points to add more about are:
    Guest Posting/blogging
    Social Media
    Reputation Management
    Relationship building and interviews - I know you mentioned some of this but I can't stress it enough. A real relationship between two sites, two companies, two individuals, that you can publicly find online is worth more than a ton of plain old links. Not only can the link juice be better, but the REAL PEOPLE will actually benefit from it, thank you for it, and seek you out from it.

xInd, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  18. ThePhil

ThePhil Greenhorn

Best Answers:

In addition to the content writer, you might also want to create videos from that content as well.
    Upload the quick video(s) to YouTube and link back to your site in the description. Great link juice.

You can also create a quick PDF report from some of your content, include a Read More link that takes the reader to your site, then upload to a bunch of document sharing sites with your keyword(s) in the title.

Off page strategies that will provide targeted traffic to your site!

ThePhil, Mar 7, 2013 IP
    xInd likes this.
  19. Alex-Gopson

Alex-Gopson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the list of tips. It's important to recognize that you can still do legitimate link building in 2013, it's just that you can't spam a bunch of blog comments like how it used to be.

Alex-Gopson, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  20. sieghart

sieghart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great list mate, these are indeed very helpful especially in hiring a competent copywriter. I believe that having a unique and useful content is a smart way that could help you drive traffic.

sieghart, Mar 13, 2013 IP