1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 cents per click is that even possible?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by liqdwork, Jul 26, 2009.

I have been trying so far unsuccessfully to bring the price down for clicks to 10 cents. I try to bid on phrases with keyword "tutor" or tutoring". Example: "Tutoring in New York", "Find a Tutor", "Tutoring Service", "Local Tutoring Service". My niche is Tutoring Service.

I am wondering if an experienced person could accomplish this, perhaps by going after long tail keywords. I don't advertise in content network, so maybe i could bring the price down to 10 cents there. Should I consider other networks such as Yahoo, Double click? Perhaps they are not as expensive as adwords for saturated niches.

I guess another alternative for me is to hire a campaign manager who can guarantee that price will be no more than 10 cents per click for long tail keywords in my niche (tutoring service).

liqdwork, Jul 26, 2009 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible. Maybe not in your niche, but it is possible to get 10 cent clicks.

You're on the right track using longer tailed keywords. Don't forget to geo target since this is a local service. I wouldn't recommend the content network in this particular case.

Always consider and try other networks to get extra traffic. You likely won't get as much from them as with Google but worth a try. Think of SEO too.

The only way I would guarantee a CPC of 10 cents is to bid no more than that. That may not get you first page positioning however. Considering you may get long term clients, the value of each can be quite high so I'd bid higher if I was you.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  3. textbox

textbox Guest

Best Answers:
    As previously said, long tails will be your best bet, however, 10 cents per click is hard to maintain over a long period of time. No matter how much you have optimized the ad text and the landing page, the prices always tend to start creeping up with Google.

textbox, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  4. foreverhired

foreverhired Guest

Best Answers:
    Also, and I am about 90% sure of that, even if you pay what is required to be on the first page, it's not guaranteed you will be there all the time. There are probably 100's of people bidding for the same niche and each one of them will get their share.

foreverhired, Jul 27, 2009 IP
  5. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    You could bring the cost down to 10cents with the content network - BUT, in my experience that would be a waste of money - the traffic from the content network is no good at all.

As has been previously stated - you need to look for long tail keywords. Use the Google keyword tool to help you find these. If you work on your Quality Score you should also be able to lower your cpc, but to be honest, unless it's a very uncompetitive niche you're extremely unlikely to get any phrases onto the top page that will drive descent amounts of traffic (unless you put the hours into your KW research and come up with thousands)

JHardy_WV, Jul 28, 2009 IP
  6. shotodekel

shotodekel Peon

Best Answers:
    You could lower your bid by using the content network at google and paying per thousand impressions - The trick is to find specific websites, where you can achieve a high CTR and pay for impressions. Good luck!

shotodekel, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  7. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you can find a really unsaturated niche and no competition maybe - also check out the content network

ChrisBa, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  8. GridIron

GridIron Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all about looking for less comptetive niches to get that all crucial first page position. However, your niche seems far too saturated to do that. Your second option would be to bid only for long tail keywords that are very local but it seems that you may have tried that already.
    It looks like you may have to settle for just setting your max bid to 10 cents and accept that you're not going to get a first page position.

GridIron, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  9. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
    But content ntwk is not that good as compared to search one..

sumit1710, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  10. bbob

bbob Peon

Best Answers:
    I have some 10 cent clicks but not on common keyworks. You can use keywords "help me find you"longer an more specific keywords should be cheaper.

bbob, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  11. web-rocket

web-rocket Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a few sites that average well over 10c a click on a saturated market. So yes you can.

web-rocket, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  12. hotdeals

hotdeals Banned

Best Answers:
    yes its possible for less competitive keywords and depends on country targeted and many others but yes its possible on that price

hotdeals, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  13. opportunity2

opportunity2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I never pay over .07 per click I look at it kind of like playing the lottery if you're going to win then it really doesn't matter how much you spend. It seems like to me that google tries to test you and see how much money you will spend before they actually start letting you get clicks so start playing hard ball with google and see if you can hit it out the park.

opportunity2, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  14. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is possible for certain niche

lifeplayer, Aug 1, 2009 IP
  15. Buy-Traffic.biz

Buy-Traffic.biz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it depends on many factors, competitors bids, QS, CTR, even Adwords accounts in longer standing than others can be given lower rates on keywords.

Buy-Traffic.biz, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  16. guyco

guyco Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Right now, I have a campain with a average CPC at $0.04 in very competitive niche. My average position on google search results is 6.7

So the answer is Yes it can be done if you take the time to check all factors and have some experience with Adwords.

Good luck
    Guyco

guyco, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  17. manjit1001

manjit1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    can u tell me please what is site name please please i will join under u:confused:
    please give the ur link.
    so that i can join under u:)

manjit1001, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  18. WSmolen

WSmolen Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean, if you get the right niche than I think you can definitely get 10 cents.

WSmolen, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  19. manjit1001

manjit1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes please give the right link . so that i can join under u:D

20. manjit1001

manjit1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes please give the right link . so that i can join under u