1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$10,939.09 Amazon Commission in 1 Quarter

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by myhart, Nov 9, 2006.

1. MidwestMerchant

MidwestMerchant Banned

Best Answers:
    download link doesn't work...

MidwestMerchant, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  2. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Peon

Best Answers:
    Will your pages end up in Supplemental just like AOM pages do? I'm curious on using this but I don't want my pages to go away..

How is it different so that your content doesn't get duped?

RaginBajin, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  3. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    myhart, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  4. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes ASM2 pages can easily end up in the Supplemental Results! As with AOM for best results limit the number of affiliate pages indexed. Keep these pages on topic and add LOTS of original content. As mentioned above PR also seems to help some.

myhart, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  5. Nite

Nite Active Member

Best Answers:
    The downside is that the day after Christmas is notorious for being a merchandise return day.

Nite, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  6. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Has there been any major updates to the ASM2 script in the last few months? And, Is there an admin interface to add external content via RSS feeds?

websiteideas, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  7. SandisV

SandisV Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting, probably the biggest earner I've seen so far from Amazon.

SandisV, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  8. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    i would use the ASM2 as wel as the shopping cart script i have..and BASICALLY everything works.

But it is a PROBLEM to configure the store...means hardcoding of nodes etc....and some things are just not possible. (Or relatively hard).

As myhart said...you can spend a LONG time gathering nodes and hardcoding nodes..and often it doesnt even work.

Recent example:

I want a store selling Anti Virus software....so there is a "store" on amazon called "computersecurity" which has "pc soft, "mac", "symantec store", "multi user".

But then searching from the script in ONLY "computersecurity" or specifiv in one of those nodes doesnt work - in fact i can ONLY search in the main-node "SOFTWARE".

I need something easier and faster to configure and not spend hours hardcoding stuff....ALSO in regards that i want more stores...which would mean hardcoding stuff for every store.....

Please tell me your opinions re. AOM and aStore - also in regards to SEO and hosting my OWN server ?? If the astore runs on amazon....(and NOT on my own server)..isnt that a problem for SEO/ranks ???

thx

GeorgR., Dec 15, 2006 IP
  9. SandisV

SandisV Active Member

Best Answers:
    How does it looks - runing on amazon?

amazon.com/georgr/store/ <---- is the best way for optimization as you can take credit of the estabilished domain and rank well. on the other hand - duplicate content and such could be a certain issue.

SandisV, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  10. whitegreyblackhat

whitegreyblackhat Peon

Best Answers:
    Well many seem to be making Amazon big bucks, including the Amazonian King which I bought his book. I review it in my blog: Amazonian King

I guess most are driving traffic with PPC methods such as Adwords?

whitegreyblackhat, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  11. Nite

Nite Active Member

Best Answers:
    With my two amazon stores, I saw a great increase in revenue when I advertised on Yahoo. However, the downside is that my Yahoo budget balanced with my sales ... I really didn't earn "more" than the dollar amount that I spent in advertising. But at least I've been breaking even.

Nite, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  12. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't you know that Yahoo has a deal with amazon to charge the exact commission amount for the clicks? :D

No but really if you were breaking even you could probably get to commission structure where it becomes profitable I am currently at 7% and about to break into 7.5% for the quarter. I make about $3 per item sold on average anyways right now I have about $2000 for the quarter if I move to 7.5% it will automatically add about $140 because of the new bracket. (The new percentage applies to all the items during the quarter)

bizhobby, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  13. donald

donald Active Member

Best Answers:
    10x, myhart for the new download link.

donald, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  14. stang

stang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Myhart congrats for not being in the othe r99.9% of Amazon affiliate earnings. Serioulsy good job!

stang, Dec 21, 2006 IP
  15. Ash

Ash Peon

Best Answers:
    Great work on your Amazon sales - this has inspired me. :)

Ash, Dec 30, 2006 IP
  16. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I noticed the downturn about the same time as you using the script when everything went to supplemental hell. Interesting thread. There are many a good scripts out there but you have to be the horse in the lead as I have found out as I have tried several others some free others paid they all have advantages and disadvantages.
    Most of the scripts allow you to create niches as you have found out and have mod-rewrite which help.
    One script on one site had me seeing 60 dollar days and about 20 combined on 2 other sites ...

A still am a firm believer of spreading my eggs into several differnet baskets so when that stuff went supplemental I was not crying the blues ...

The one script I that did not go supplemental required a lot of modification and it was free. I had to pay for a few modifications but it was dirt cheap and well worth it.

I do not see a lot of these scripts up high in search results ... you can identify them even with a good template if you have worked them and look at the source ...

reapr, Dec 30, 2006 IP