1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$10,939.09 Amazon Commission in 1 Quarter

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by myhart, Nov 9, 2006.

I see a lot of questions and comments concerning the potenial of being an Amazon affiliate! While it appears harder to earn money from search engine traffic today. It's still possible make a few sales each day without too much effort!

I have been a Amazon.com affiliate for several years. Over that time I tried several PHP Amazon affiliate scripts with mixed results. It appeared that as a script became more popular search engine traffic would disappear. For a couple years this happened shortly before the Christmas buying season. Go figure!

While searching for an Amazon affiliate script with mod_rewrite I discovered Freekrai's website. At that time he had one Amazon store script available called "My Amazon Store Manager". It used a MySQL database and featured mod_rewrite. Best of all it was free! I built a few stores with "My Amazon Store Manager". However I never had much luck with it generating sales?

Freekrai soon announced a new version (ASM2) of his free Amazon script which didn't need a MySQL datase. Luckily I was one of the first affiliates to put the "new" Amazon Store Manager to use! The results were truly amazing!!! With my best day's commission approaching $700 from the use of a free script. Please note that you can find lots of information concerning ASM2 at Affiliate-Developer.com.

Affiliate Developer's Forum

One of the keys to increasing sales that I used was to build "made for amazon" niche stores. An example of one of my niche stores features "Factory Reconditioned Tools".

Factory Reconditioned Tools

Because of the time and effort required to harvest and validate each browse node. I set out to build a website that would feature browse nodes for use with ASM2 (see my signature). Not an easy task for someone with little knowledge of HTML and PHP.

Amazon's affiliate program truly offers the opporunity to earn lots of money. However equally rewarding is the experience and knowledge that can be gained by working with an easy to understand script such as ASM2.

Download ASM2

myhart, Nov 9, 2006 IP
    GTech and Ginene like this.
  2. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are you earnings looking like for this month if you don't mind me asking?

websiteideas, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  3. 1-script.com

1-script.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like an advertizing for ASM2, sounds like an advertizing for ASM2 (The results were truly amazing!!!) ... No, wait! It IS an ASM2 advertizing!

There were better (unbiased) Amazon affiliate program reviews in this group today! They were saying anything but Amazon's affiliate program truly offers the opporunity to earn lots of money.

1-script.com, Nov 9, 2006 IP
    mopacfan likes this.
  4. drugoon

drugoon Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is a nice script. And your browse-nodes websites seems nice too.

You get a lot from Amazon so probably your post will inspire other amazon affiliates to keep working. Good luck!

drugoon, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  5. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi websiteideas

Sure my commission for October was $410.18. However November will probably be my worst month in quite a while. As my antique furniture website was recently hacked. Which required me to delete the site and start over. Rather than simply reload it I plan to redo much of my content.

1-script.com

Advertising what? A FREE amazon affiliate script used by hundreds of people to earn money without doing much work! Oh and by the way it wasn't a "review" either I was simply relating my experiences as an Amazon affiliate.

And by the way thanks for the "red"!

Drugoon

That was my goal! If you read thru the ASM2 forum you will see that I have posted lots of times to help others build their ASM2 stores. Which probably doesn't make a lot of sense? As those website are now competition. However I live by the belief that "what goes around comes around"!!!

myhart, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  6. 1-script.com

1-script.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even free resources need advertizing. Ask me, I know. ;)

If you did not want it to look like an ad, you should have removed sugar coating and made it sound something like:
    "It is extremely hard to make ANY money with Amazon affiliate program and 99.5% of people that try fail, but I worked my a.. off, created the skins (here's the link), was persistent in my efforts and it paid off. Here is my photo with $10,939 check from Amazon a-la Shoemoney"

Actually your $10,939 check from Amazon would have impressed me more than Shoe's $132,994.97 check from Google because I am an Amazon affiliate since 1999 and I am still in the 99.5% crowd.

Good luck with your online business!

Did I leave a red? :confused:

1-script.com, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  7. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    1-script.com

Thanks for the reply! Well I would have posted my check but I receive payent by direct deposit. Probably the best I can do for now is to refer you to a topic I started in the ASM2 forum last year.

http://www.affiliate-developer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=553

I started the above topic to share my idea of how create unlimited subcategories for ASM2. Which at the time was a highly requested feature. If you read thru the posts you will find that I wasn't the only one earning lots of money from Amazon at the time.

Got to go but will post more later.

myhart, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  8. coolsaint

coolsaint Banned

Best Answers:
    Looking forward to see ur check from Amazon. Whenever it arrives let us know. it will be inspiring. I am not a Amazon Affliate right at the moment. But your Promotional Topic is really making me greedy.

coolsaint, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  9. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    "you should have removed sugar coating"

I fail to find any sugar coating in my original post. I simply related my experiences over several years as an Amazon associate. If you read my post carefully you will find the following.

I have been making a "few" sales most days even though I haven't worked on my ASM2 stores in a long time. I had even forgotten about the niche site I referenced above until I noticed a nice commission from the sale of a reconditioned power tool a few days ago.

Quite true with most things in life! My favorite quote:

5% of people make things happen
    10% watch it happen
    85% don't know what happened!!!

It's a shame but most people give up when success is just over the next hill!

"but I worked my a.. off"

Actually I didn't work that hard as a ASM2 store can be up and running in 15 - 20 minutes after you have built a few.

Customizing and creating niche stores do take quite a bit longer though.

Could I do it again with ASM2?

Probably not but my goal over the last year has been to learn enough PHP to write my own AWS scripts.

I stand by the above quote! Amazon.com is a well known and trusted company with LOTS of products for an affiliate to choose from.

"Did I leave a red?"

I assumed that you did? If not I apologize!!! Probably someone from the 85% category? ;)

myhart, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  10. adsreal

adsreal Peon

Best Answers:
    my Amazon Commission $$ 000 why ??

adsreal, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  11. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said "I receive payent by direct deposit". However would a look at my computer screen help?

[​IMG]

myhart, Nov 9, 2006 IP
    MrX likes this.
  12. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    Impossible to say but if you post your website address I would be willing to try and help! However please note that I will be away from computer access for a few days starting sometime tomorrow.

myhart, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  13. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see many backlinks for your site...how are people finding your stores?

MrX, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  14. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    Which site? If you are referring to my reconditioned tool site you are correct. It's a store I built and then just let it age. Was quite surprised to see it listed in Google results for "factory reconditioned tools" a few days ago! At this moment #3 site.

A large part my earnings came from my antique furniture website. While there isn't much to see at this time. I deleted everything a few days ago because it had been hacked (which I mentioned above). It used to contain thousands of pages of antique furniture pictures. If you do a Google search for "Antique Furniture by My Hart" you will find 325,000 results (assuming Google doesn't hiccup)? There are quite a few quality links pointing at it.

Got to go now but will "try" to post more later today???

myhart, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  15. drugoon

drugoon Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice screen photo :)

drugoon, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  16. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for those of you who know what this line says :):):)

1/25/2006 Payment by Check -$5182.21

pixads, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  17. emthree

emthree Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice read. Thanks

emthree, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  18. Kyle H.

Kyle H. Active Member

Best Answers:
    FYI you can press "print screen" on your computer for a screenshot next time :)

Kyle H., Nov 12, 2006 IP
  19. pixads

pixads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    with print screen you loose the spirit :)

pixads, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  20. vinodkv

vinodkv Peon

Best Answers:
    thats a good idea, specified website, and exact domain also, i checked google US there are only 77 search per month using good keywords software...any way thankyou for sharing the idea

vinodkv, Nov 12, 2006 IP