1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10,000 IP per day, what hosting plan should I use?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Lori Wakin, Jan 5, 2014.

Hi,
    I am planning to improve my WP sites in the next months and my target is to hit 10,000+ ip per day. I know it is not easy to do it but it is my long term plan.
    One of my friends warned me not use any shared hosting plan of any hosting company like hostgator, ixwebhosting, bluehost, etc. But I think Hostgator is good per the information I got on this forum.

Do you guys have any good idea for my plan? How do you rate Hostgator Shared Hosting Plan for a 10k unique visitor site? Or should I consider VPS? I don't have too much budget for it, at least not now.

Thank you very much!
    L. Wakin

Lori Wakin, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  2. chanif.alfath

chanif.alfath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Lori,

well, i'm using hostgator shared server for a long time since 2008,
    but now i'm moving to digital ocean cloud server, it's cheap and good..

i don't say that hostgator is not good, they're good, but when you reach more than 1k uv perday,
    i think any shared hosting is not enough, you need move on to vps or even ds..

(i do still using hostgator too right now)

regards
    chanif

chanif.alfath, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  3. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Using such "big traffic" with hostgator or any other provider that offers unlimited hosting will not end good. Your account will be suspended 100%. Go for a limited hosting and after you get 10k+ unique per day then upgrade into vps or deidcated server. Wish you good luck with your goal!

Zoti Media Group, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  4. Lori Wakin

Lori Wakin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Chanif,

Thank you for your kind reply and the exprience you shared.
    You mentioned that 1k uv perday will not work well at any shared hosting,,, do you mean ALL sites in your accont limited under 1k or just each individual site?
    E.g, if I have 5 sites in my accont, so the most uv I can possible get will be 5k or just 1k?

Thank you!
    Lori

5. Lori Wakin

Lori Wakin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you!
    Is it easy to transfer my site from a shared hosting to VPS without affect of SE ranking?
    Please~

6. chanif.alfath

Best Answers:
    it's 1k for each site that on my account,
    currently the "baby plan" on shared server hostgator, limit only to 20gb and 100k node that will be backup..
    so more than that, will not backup by hostgator..

one big problem that made me move to cloud server, it's because with my current script and traffic,
    i can't no longer using shared server - i got cpu usage on red line, it can made the hosting suspend my site, and my earning will be gone..

but yes, for some site, i still using hostgator shared server, it's cheap, and the support reliable :)

you can use hostgator for a while, and change to vps when your traffic getting bigger.. that what i do too

regards
    chanif

7. chanif.alfath

Best Answers:
    yes, it will not affect the SE ranking :)
    i already do that before :D

8. SubediK

SubediK Active Member

Best Answers:
    It totally depends on the type of website and traffic you are getting. If its just a simple wordpress blog, a simple shared hosting service preferably with something like litespeed and cloudlinux will be good enough. If its more complex website (something database heavy or that needs a lot of resources), you might want to get a cheap dedicated server or vps. I recently worked on a website that got almost 11k hits a day and it had to gather data through a database with 4.6 million rows. I am hosting it on a simple vps (2 gb ram, 4 cpus etc) and my server load doesnt even exceed .50 even when i have almost 100 hits per second sometimes.

SubediK, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  9. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Moving your site(s) from a shared hosting account to a VPS will not have any negative affect on your search engine rankings.

micksss, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  10. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! It won't hurt your ranking. This because you can start transfer to VPS server without you have to point your domain nameserver to VPS hosting. That means you can do the backup from shared hosting and restore to VPS hosting through IP address. Something looks like this: 203.12.139.2

imuncutno1, Jan 6, 2014 IP