1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling 1 Year Old Seo Software Site | Makes Money!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by shazam, Jan 29, 2013.

Looking to sell my site - http://magic-submitter.org

Ranks on the first page for a few terms - magic submitter, magic submitter coupon, magic submitter discount, magic submitter trial - and has done for a few months now.

It's one of the few sites in this niche that has constantly survived the penguin/panda updates.

On average it makes about $34 a month - however that takes in to account the months before any SEO was done, as once SEO work was performed the sign ups increased. Obviously the holiday season has also had an affect on lowering numbers.

Update: Currently so far this month the site has done $35.65 (from a recurring sub). However, it's also had 3 new sign ups which means next month it's set to do $120 next month. If you get 2 new sign ups from this site per month you're going to be making a steady income off this.. If I wasn't so impatient I'd probably hang on to it until these new sign ups convert so I could ask a higher asking price - but hey.

There's also been no split testing done on this site to increase conversions.. so with a little effort and testing, you could potentially increase conversions with little other work.

Revenue proof:
    [​IMG]

Note: This proof is from a couple of weeks ago when I had first listed this, since then we've had 3 new sign ups. If you're serious about this site and would like a new screen shot showing the sign ups, just let me know.

Unfortunately Analytics wasn't installed on this site, so the WassUp traffic stats plugin is all I have:

[​IMG]

Bin is at $600.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    shazam, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  2. GamingOn

GamingOn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you show the no spam no spider option on Wassup to get a idea of what traffic it is really getting. :)

GamingOn, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  3. shazam

shazam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    That's the no spider option - you can see the amount of 'spams' listed above the graph.

shazam, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  4. GamingOn

GamingOn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just to let you know websites usually go for 10x monthly revenue that would be $360. Not $1,500.

GamingOn, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  5. shazam

shazam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I've sold many websites here, and on other platforms - I'm well aware of what websites 'usually' go for :)

That being said, the average revenue listed takes in to account the time period before any proper SEO was done on the site, which brings the average revenue down - you've also got the holiday period which brings slower sales for things like this as well. If I took the revenue from the past three months that would double the average revenue and bring it to $60ish.

Either way, I did post that I am open to offers, so feel free to let me know if you'd like to make one :)

shazam, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  6. shazam

shazam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Update: Relisted this with a much lower BIN. For some reason the traffic and rev stats have been lost from the info at the top. Site does about 1k uniques per month and revenue info is in the post.

shazam, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  7. shazam

shazam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Revenue SS from Feb:
    [​IMG]Those 3 sign ups will be worth $120 next month (MS has a trial in the first month, which is why an initial sign up is only $1.79). If the new owner can maintain, or improve upon 3 sign ups a month then they'll have their money back in no time and a site that's worth a lot more.

shazam, Feb 18, 2013 IP