1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1 Sale in the last month with 1900 Uniques... Any tips?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by McCoyH, Nov 5, 2013.

I've tried everything I can think of from "24 hour deals" to bundle deals to adding live support chat....

Can anyone tell me why I've only had one sale in the last month with 1900 Uniques the first month? I'm running ad banners and facebook ads...

Any tips are appreciated!
    Here's the site:
    www. sashas toys .com

thanks

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    McCoyH, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  2. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's an extremely competitive niche, I did a search on a random product "CNVELD-GW947-LP-OS" and Google came up with "About 2,690 results" and I don't see a reason to buy from you.
    It seems very amateur the for example "about Sasha" page seems canned, just like any boilerplate terms or privacy page would be a canned page.
    The delivery information page does not inspire confidence inasmuch as it has been left blank.

RobinInTexas, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First, traffic from social media isn't always relevant. Second, 1900 monthly unique visitors is roughly 63 a day. Even if you produced a few more sales you would still be in the same position however with an average closing rate based on your traffic type. Your problem is your site offers nothing unique. And that is fine as long as you have unique (best/better) pricing. You don't. You're in a saturated market competing with businesses that can afford minimum markup. My advice: Get out or come up with a more unique sub-niche for your sex shop.

NetStar, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  4. fapsian

fapsian Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most "new" sex toys shop survive because they always offer an incentive to buy their products - it can be another free toy or discount on purchase of more than one item etc. Initially you may not see the high markup - but try to build the traffic and loyalty of your customer and think of high volume and low margins in the sex toy industry. Also a good point to note is that most toys that you sell are either American or European made and not made in China- so your competitors will have similar pricing.

fapsian, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  5. McCoyH

McCoyH Member

Best Answers:
    I updated and changed some things... coukd you give it a re evaluation for m?

McCoyH, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea what you changed. If you did make changes, were they changes that were suggested or did you ignore all suggestions and just do your own thing (which hasn't been working for you)??

NetStar, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  7. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think there are few things that you can do...
    1. Add a live chat. If you don't want to afford the operator cost, use your smart phone.
    2. Send regular Newsletters (Always to Opt in peoples)
    3. Create a forum (Any open source ), it will help you to get indexed by search engines relevant to your keywords and definitely will help.
    4. Start unique and interesting topics to forum, more visitors will get attracted. I mean you should give something interesting to your visitors beside purchasing stuffs, it will help u to create a brand my remembering your website names to your visitors. Alternately you can add some adult game toolbar as well (if only your country allows)
    5. Post helpful comments to adult forums with your website as a signature
    6. Compile a videos of sex toys use or how to use a sex toy or something with footer the link of your website and share it on all popular media sites like youtube, metacafe etc.
    7. Write useful and unique articles relevant to your website or try to wright 100s of and keep sharing on websites including social media and how to,s like ehow and others
    8. Start PPC and banners ad for some time so that more and more people know your websites

sarah_23, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  8. McCoyH

McCoyH Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips :) I tried the Zopim chat, no one used it in the 5 days it was up.... I'll keep trying it...

I changed the theme and narrowed it down to Luxury Toys niche. Could you guys take another look?
    http://www.sashastoys.com
    I appreciate your help!

McCoyH, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  9. jamescastle

jamescastle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It does look a lot better now. It's also really good that you targeted a more specific niche, makes it even better as long as you keep getting targeted visitors. The design is slightly better and the About page is much more professional written as well which is good since possible customers will often check it out to see how serious a company is.

jamescastle, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  10. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yah it's look much better now, thanks for sharing . Good luck

sarah_23, Nov 13, 2013 IP