1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1 Month Old Site - G Traffic Where is Sandbox? C Class IP?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by amitpatel_3001, Apr 22, 2007.

1. madkad

madkad Active Member

Best Answers:

no that isn't the case, I own some sites on a server as it is a dedicated one so the ip's are the same, they have been around for a small number of years and not one problem.

Having sites on different ip's is good for one reason as you can link to them from other and get backlinks.

As for the c class its not a myth, sandbox has allot to do with traffic as I see some one said it didn't, also like you said if your getting lots of traffic from Google then its good keywords.

Note though this can happen, Google tends to rank websites when they have changed the key wording on the site, they rank them high then tent to drop then again after so many weeks or even days. This has also happened to me in a number of my sites, I have been told that thats the sandbox affect on the keywords, and if you get some high PR links to your site then this can sort that problem out over a small time.

There are lots of things some say and others don't agree with, some might not agree with me as Matt Gutts has said something else, but at the end of the day we will never really know and Google are sitting there reading things and p@ssing there sides.

If something has gained you traffic and ranks check your stats, if it looks OK and real then you must have done something right, what ever pages they are try and rust not play with them but gain more links slower, then its time to work on other pages of your website. Also remember the more pages you have indexed the more chances you have of getting more traffic to each page for different things :)

madkad, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    amitpatel_3001 likes this.
  2. Ash

Ash Peon

Best Answers:
    From personal experience i have never been in a sandbox and i don't believe in it. I also don't believe websites on the same IP will make any difference. I have loads of websites on the same IP address, most are all interlinked, and nothing bad happens.

Ash, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  3. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Very nice post Madkad, impressed there :)
    Cleared some of my queries
    Amit

amitpatel_3001, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  4. kevinn

kevinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the sandbox didnt exist then how come you dont rank for the term "wordpress themes" that you're targeting?

kevinn, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  5. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    We cannot just rank #1 for anything :) as soon as the website is launched but that does not mean its in sandbox , the reason i posted is - people say you dont get any traffic because of sandbox and you are banned for many backlinks/ high PR backlinks which is wrong

amitpatel_3001, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    madkad likes this.
  6. madkad

madkad Active Member

Best Answers:

np mate, any questions you no where I am ;) lol

madkad, Apr 22, 2007 IP