1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$1 million per year from Adwords. (sorry if you saw this somewhere else already)

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Andrew-Scott-Music, Mar 14, 2007.

1. cruisin

cruisin Peon

Best Answers:
    he's doing that to sell his book again

cruisin, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  2. npennington

npennington Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps if his quality score is really, really good ... just maybe he could be getting $0.08.

npennington, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  3. graglem

graglem Peon

Best Answers:
    Too good to be true!!!

graglem, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  4. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that a man making over a million a year from Adwords would spend his time trying to sell ebooks?

checksum, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  5. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    ...I agree entirely. If faced with the question: 'shall I apply my knowledge and drive my earnings up to $2,000,000 a year or shall I write a ebook about it?' ... I know how I'd answer it.

bochgoch, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  6. azlimitup

azlimitup Peon

Best Answers:
    I found this post through Google so it's likely an older thread. I don't use this forum (no offense, I just don't need it), and this is the second, and last post I will make defending Steven Holdaway and Google Money Pro. I post out of gratitude to Steven. The replies in this thread have largely been worthless and wrong.

He has high CTR and great quality score. He actually promotes unpopular sites instead of popular ones. On Clickbank, for example, sites with gravity lower than 30. Unpopular sites are generally better with his approach because of less Adwords competition.

As of the printing of the original ebook, he has at least hundreds of thousands of keywords. He has to open different AdWords accounts because they only allow 55,000 keywords per account. One site he promotes took two Google accounts.

Again, quality score. Likely the keyword density on the site you are promoting is poor relative to that keyword, the keywords in your ads don't match the landing page, or a number of other things. As to your particular example, I can't say exactly what the problem is without looking at it. There's no secret keywords, just lots of research and testing in separate ad groups.

What would you rather have? Another vague ebook with no detail? Anyone that considers themselves an ordinary person should not be trying to make a fortune with AdWords.

Have you never read books written by multi-millionairres? Many don't make their millions on book deals. Maybe it's vanity. Or maybe it's a genuine desire to help others who take the time to learn properly. There is more to life than money.

As for the video comment, Steven will have a new release of Google Money Pro coming out this month with videos of actual campaigns. If you already have a copy, the upgrade is free.

I don't care if you order Google Money Pro. Neither does Steven. I only post in his defense out of respect for him, in case someone else Google's the term, comes here, and sees your nonsense.

azlimitup, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  7. mrlynam

mrlynam Active Member

Best Answers:
    i cant believe no one catches on to this, "andrew-scott-music" has only signed up, has only 8 posts, the last 5 were about this "amazing site". He runs the site and is advertising it to all you guys

mrlynam, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  8. perry321

perry321 Guest

Best Answers:
    This is not accurate, but it shows you that he is indeed lying.

http://www.trafficestimate.com/results.asp

perry321, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  9. Essonova

Essonova Peon

Best Answers:
    If the book makes it to print i.e a publisher will verify him, I'll be the first to buy it. PDF, no way.

Essonova, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  10. droplister

droplister Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are we talking about adwords, or adsense here? I get an average of 15 cents a click atm.

droplister, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  11. Andrew-Scott-Music

Andrew-Scott-Music Member

Best Answers:
    It's amusing that mrlynam falsely accuses me of promoting Steven Holdaway's book whilst brazenly including a link to his own product in his post!
    If I were organized enough I probably would promote it, but i would do it with Pay per Click, not in such an inefficient, roundabout manner as a forum.
    Since I introduced the topic I bought Google Money Pro and I like it.
    Steven doesn't reveal which product needed 100,000 keywords to promote and that's understandable because if he did, many marketers like ourselves would find his ads, copy them and it would be goodbye income stream and 8 cent clicks for him.
    I agree with azlimitup. Steven wants to teach. If he makes a bit of cash out of it, he's well entitled.
    But, azlimitup, how could a site with 38 million visitors that Steven sent them in 1 month be regarded as unpopular? Wouldn't the site be popular already for Steven's ads to trigger so many impressions.
    I'm wondering which site it could be.
    Ebay perhaps?

Andrew-Scott-Music, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  12. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to be honest with you, I don't think you're going to get very far trying to mimic vague techniques used in an ebook.

I think you'll get much more out of reading this forum. The reason I say this is because DP will give you the opportunity to find more accurate knowledge.

On DP there are many posts about specific topics that you can weigh against each other to figure out what is actually worth acting on. On the other hand, an ebook is just going to give you one marketers view of how it works, and in my opinion, a view that is probably lacking since you've already bought the book and his profit motive has been fulfilled.

There are exceptions, but this ebook doesn't look like one.

checksum, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  13. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    He's just another Donny boy yelling about how he started from his "one bedroom apartment". Ask yourself why this person that is making millions from AdSense is wasting his time writing ebooks and creating videos teaching you how to do the same.

RandomGuy, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  14. RSLegit

RSLegit Active Member

Best Answers:
    would have to agree with everyone else here. he is lying and that's that.

RSLegit, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  15. Benahue

Benahue Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think he's probably lying, but if more people keep buying his crap ebook that he promotes through adwords, maybe one day he will make a million a year from it.

Benahue, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  16. W-Shadow

W-Shadow Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen/skimmed the book. Most of it appears to be aimed at beginners and it's fairly exhaustive (account setup, ad writing basics, how to find keywords, QS, costs, etc, etc).

The information seems to be more-or-less correct (from my not-so-experienced perspective), but there's nothing "secret" or "special" there. If you've been doing AdWords for a while, you probably wouldn't gain much from reading it.

That's my opinion anyway ;)

W-Shadow, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  17. wwhhing

wwhhing Active Member

Best Answers:
    One more thing, he didn't print screen total click with $XXXX amount with zero cost. He just show you how he set $XXXX amount per click and $XXXXXX Daily budget without actual click and total cost.

wwhhing, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  18. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    If he's making $1,000,000 a year, I would hope he could create a better website.

exponent, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  19. Benahue

Benahue Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ofcourse, almost all of those sales pitch pages only show you how much they made, which is meaningless w/out also seeing how much they spent.

Benahue, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  20. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a true beleiver that there is no "easy money" in the world. The money you earn is a result of smart and and hard work, nothing really comes easy. I would never buy an e-book like that because I already know what its going to say and so should most of you.... its your curious side that makes you buy these e-books because they make you beleive they know something you don't.

I have some news for you.... THEY DONT, its just hard work.

ruby, Apr 17, 2007 IP