1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1 domain 1theme 2 database

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by vincentweb, Jul 11, 2013.

hallo all.

i need to know this urgently. otherwise i just create 2 blog separately with one using subdomain name. the reason why i want it to be this way is simply because i need the wordpress to be in 2 language. but the content is different. so i have to keep 2 db rite?

any suggestion or better idea?please help.

vincentweb, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  2. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    scottlpool2003, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  3. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you want to have only 1 database you have to purchase a cluster.

Zoti Media Group, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  4. vincentweb

vincentweb Member

Best Answers:
    hi scottlpool2003. thanks for the feedback. i just donwan to crowded 2 language in one blogs. this site abc.com have 2 language. but different content (imean 2 different post) and its not for the admin. but for user..!!. so i decide to do the posting in english for us. and mandarin for the chinese. hmm. but under abc.com where they can choose thier specify language before they enter the site.

hi tejli007. ic thanks i cant spend extra for that. however hopefully theres a way to doing it with extra efford but free. i dont mind.

5. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have a look around the plugins, I'm sure you'll find what you need. There's one here for instance that offers automatic detection.

I'm not too sure exactly what you're hoping to achieve having 2 databases... that's not how Wordpress works and certainly not how 9/10 people would do it. You could simply have 2 tables or one of the plugins. There are plugins that would automatically detect the language, but I don't know how good they are. The one I listed above offers both automatic and flag selection.

scottlpool2003, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    vincentweb likes this.
  6. vincentweb

vincentweb Member

Best Answers:
    its not like i have 'A news' i want it post in eng & chinese based on selection.
    but i would like to have 'A news' in english and 'B News' in chinese, all this with same domain name abc.com. its not i want it in 2 db but i cant think of any other way to separate both language version.

well. scootpool. thanks for your time. the plugin i might need it in future, a like for this.