1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

#1 at Google is a joke compared to #1 at MSN !!

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Chrissicom, Apr 2, 2005.

1. goodgirl

goodgirl Guest

Best Answers:
    Either MSN has better traffic then Google or legs. ;)

goodgirl, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    MSN has sent me a lot more traffic from one term, so what, does that mean they give a site more overall traffic than Google :confused:

anthonycea, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  3. goodgirl

goodgirl Guest

Best Answers:
    I think really what matters is the quality of the traffic. Does it convert for you better?

Google may send more traffic to you for one term and MSN or Yahoo doesn't send as much, but which one converts better? And I don't think you can pick just one for every term, each term will have different conversions. I notice products for women usually convert better with Google traffic. Products for men usually convert better with Yahoo...

At least the products I was working with...

goodgirl, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  4. Chrissicom

Chrissicom Guest

Best Answers:
    Read the first post lol, I wasn't going to start a discussion about Sandra Bullock, I didn't even say in my first post what my site was about. Although it's kinda obvious from my siggy. Anyway I just tried to point out that #1 at MSN gave me a 60% traffic boost, I never had something like that from a yahoo or google #1 spot.

Chrissicom, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    They have a large network of subscribers and are a force alright, it is a real war of OS and search engines that is for sure.

anthonycea, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  6. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    LOL, Sitetutor, Sandra Bullock can come try break my bones anyday... it'd be my pleasure ;) :D You got her number dude? I seem to have lost it...

But this MSN thang - they've been advertising "the new MSN search" on TV over here for over a month now... (reminds of the days just before the dot com bubble burst, when every second ad on TV was for online malls that were supposed to put the highstreet shops totally out of business...) Nice to know *someone* has the budget to advertise their online offline... other than AOL or our BT... (though one's got far more pedigree than the other...)

I've still got the "see ya later alligator" tune going 'round my head... waddya reckon to the subtleties of it... d'ya think they mean "seeya later Google?" or "Kiss my butt, Google?"... wait a minute, where've I heard that before...?

Cheeky brats ;)

Lever, Apr 2, 2005 IP