1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1 and 1 hosting

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mcsp, Jul 27, 2007.

1. joseph.stevens7

joseph.stevens7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am thinking about getting 1and1 to build a site, simply because of the affordability factor. Once it gets more traffic, I could move it to a larger site.

joseph.stevens7, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  2. desirez28

desirez28 Banned

Best Answers:
    My country is not acceptance by 1 and 1 too. Feel so itchy when found a good hosting company but cannot use their service. I think they cannot clarify as a no.1 hosting company in the world, since they are not accepting all the countries. Anyone agree with me?

desirez28, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  3. k9stud

k9stud Active Member

Best Answers:
    i was thinking of using them in the UK but still havent moved my UK domain from theplanet, in my opinion i use theplanet and they ROCK! Unfortunately they do not have any servers in the UK that is why i am thinking of going with 1and1; not sure if there are any other US based web hosting companies that also have servers in the UK

k9stud, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  4. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1and1 Hosting is debatable due to very slow customer service.
    Uptime is great.

Note: 1and1 does not 'scam' you :eek: after canceling hosting (as many webmasters falsely believe)

• If you care enough to (find and) follow their simple directions, then no future bill will debit your charge card.
    • People who think 1and1 'over-bills after cancellation' didn't pay attention when canceling. :p
    ~~~~~~~~~

1and1 Domains:
    • Lowest renewal cost for any major iCann certified player!

Q) What's the catch?
    A) Use for domains you are holding onto.
    They charge a fee to transfer to other 1and1 customers (no free pushes)

No fee to transfer back out, to other registrar (in your name)

[​IMG]

gemini181, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  5. levikay

levikay Active Member

Best Answers:
    well they never gave me a reasonable reason for taking the money all they said was they will investigate and give me the money back
    they gave me back some money....
    i was going to call them and ask them for the rest but i didnt want to wait for another 30 mins to get a responds
    but other then that they do have good hosting only their support sucks.

levikay, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  6. Fatal1ty

Fatal1ty Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 1and1 and yes, they are pretty slow with the whole customer service thing, but in general their services are good the servers are pretty fast, if you know what you are doing and you wont need customer surport too often you should be alright ;)

Fatal1ty, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  7. Pampa114

Pampa114 Banned

Best Answers:
    Like many others, I use 1and1 and when things are working everything is great. MOF things often work properly, and this is very lucky because getting support from them is one of the worst experiences ever.

Pampa114, Jul 28, 2007 IP
  8. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:

One's man's "bad support" is another man's "great price".

Yes I've been on hold for up to 5 minutes with support(good time for a coffee break to turn a negative into a positive), but their comprehensive faq's can solve most problems.

If you are going to call to say let them know your site has a problem beyond your control(ie software or hardware not working properly) 1and1's support is very adequete.

If you are calling to ask how to set up an sql data base or connect your ftp, you are with the wrong hosting company.

Too many poeple confuse support with a "school for webmasters".

bunnybling, Jul 28, 2007 IP
    gemini181 likes this.