1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1&1, oneandone, 1and1, one and one, sucks!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mcfox, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Louis11

Louis11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck cancelling. It took me over a year to cancel and about $60+. Initially I used their online cancellation form to cancel. After I completed the form I assumed that my account was terminated. 6 months later, I received another charge for $29 for 6 more months. I called customer service to inform them that I had canceled and requested a refund. They said they couldn't provide a refund, but that they could cancel my account over the phone. Once I hung up, I again naively assumed my account was canceled. Again, 6 months later I received another bill for $29. I called them again to inform them of the situation. To make a long story short it all culminated with the supervisor telling me (and I quote) "I will not cancel your account, and you will not be getting a refund". He then proceeded to hang up on me.

I was out about $60, and had to issue a charge back request to get half a refund. I then had to cancel my debit card to stop them from charging me any more.

TERRIBLE company. Stay away at all cost.

Louis11, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  2. RobertMills

RobertMills Peon

Best Answers:
    These guys have been guilty of hosting auction scam sites like auto auction spot (below).

I DO NOT ENDORSE this site. It's just to show what kind of sites 1and1 hosts even after I have notified them as well as the FTC of their ongoing fraud:

http://autoauctionspot.com/boat.php?title=Boat

It's actually a car auction site...not a boat auction site that throws a few sites at you to peruse. I found no repos or no contact or support to see if they would back up their money back guarantee. I know a few other folks contacting 1and1 about it along with the FTC and other fraud alert sites.

Just a word to the wise.

RobertMills, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  3. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Funny thing half of my sites (7 of them) are hosted on 1and1.co.uk and they are amazing. I love their admin panel side of things for doing everything. So damn easy. I am not sure about the one in the U.S. but the one in the UK is amazing. Never had downtime in over 2 and a half years I have been with them. I have a business account as well so well worth it. The only thing that I can complain about is the fact that I only have two databases with them. Luckily only two sites need databases, the others don't. Hence why I have an account with Godaddy as well. At first godaddy was a pain in the butt after having had a smooth admin panel in 1and1 I guess I was spoiled for choice. But once I got past the frustration and figured out where everything was on godaddy it became second nature and I love them too. At least with godaddy I have more than 10 databases which is handy.

So I can't say anything about 1and1 though... they recently changed how the email looks as it is web2.0 interface now but I prefer the old clean style. That is probably why I stay with 1and1 because of how the admin side looks. It is clean, easy to understand and navigate. Doesn't take a degree to figure it out.

sarah_harvey, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  4. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wish you continued luck. BankRaid.com was once an awesome source of information and a great way to vent to the world about 1and1.con. But alas, he too grew tired of the hate and moved on. I still hate 1and1.con and will continue to remind people about their shady business tactics and the way they shit on their customers.

Don't forget that SEDO is 41% (last I heard) owned by 1and1.con so if you can avoid trading on sedo, that hurts the conglomerate pile of feces too. I wish NameDrive's NDX market would take off. Afternic sucked after buydomains took over, TDNAM rarely gets in the newsletters, and the countless piddly little name auction sites just never deliver. Forums are OK, but the buyers are sometimes flakey and noob sellers are annoying too without the structure of an auction house. Oh well.

movingconcierge, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  5. joko

joko Member

Best Answers:
    1 and 1 is great when you are buying and getting your domains. customer service is great.. HOWEVER, when they auto renew your domains and charge your credit card without any reminders then that's where the shitty behavior comes into play... your domains will automatically renew. period.
    wether you want it or not. oh and by the way, there is no refund for anything. go figure..

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
    joko, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  6. DamnTees

DamnTees Active Member

Best Answers:
    ! and 1 . con sucks and they scam people. They sent me to debt collections for a petty debt all while taking out money that wasn't theirs in the first place. I simply responded to their debt collector "They took out money the other day so why would they send me to debt collections" Yeh just out of the blue I get this call. I canceled my account with them and they still continue to charge me even tho I don't have any service so tomorrow I am going to do a charge back through visa and if they continue I will just change my card. If they are part of Sedo they suck too. Sedo rips people off left and right. Sell a 60 dollar name and get back 10 bucks.....ridiculous. Stay away from these cheats

DamnTees, Apr 26, 2010 IP
  7. runestrom

runestrom Peon

Best Answers:
    Call write and email PayPal as often as you possibly can to ask them to end their relationship with 1&1. PayPal gets more complaints about 1&1 than any other vendor and this would cut off 1&1 ability to repeatedly charge customers after they cancell. We all know 1&1 denies a cancellation request has been made saying we have no record that any cancellation request was made, once a customer they have you for life sucking money out of your PayPal account. CALL PAY PAL, WRITE PAY PAL close your paypal account if you have to and bug them over and over again.

runestrom, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  8. cemilduran

cemilduran Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the warning.

cemilduran, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  9. who2455

who2455 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since there is Strength in Numbers we have started a new campaign against 1and1 Internet:
    Boycott 1and1 Internet

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Boycott1and1Internet

The only way to get 1and1 to change is to get the word out and get enough people to boycott them to where it costs them more money to scam people that it's worth.

who2455, Feb 26, 2013 IP