1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1&1, oneandone, 1and1, one and one, sucks!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mcfox, Feb 23, 2006.

1. petarddd

petarddd Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been their client for about 4 years now... Here is my summary of my experience and what I have read over the years...

RULE 1: Stay away from shared cheap services. I've only read angry comments about bad customer service, slow servers, excesiive traffic and what not. The truth is - they do not put any effort into their chared services. And for the money they are getting, I would not expect them to. I made the mistake of using an email service (for 99c/month) and after several months of no connectivity every now and then, slowness and bad customer support, I switched to a different provider.

RULE 2: They have the cheapest and best dedicated servers. I currently have 2 dedicated servers with them - their network speed, hardware and prices are the best I have found. My oldest server registered 100% uptime last year (yes, no updates at all). What is really funny, but nice, is that they seem to have my phone in their system - if I call from my cell, I am answered by a real person, speaking plain english, with absolutely no wait time. If I call from a different phone, I get on the regular support line, waiting for quite a while and speaking to a foreign person with a strng accent and limited knowledge.

In short - if you are paying them enough, they provide great connectivity, low prices and good hardware. And if you pay enough, they will make sure your calls are answered by knowledgeable personnel and not an outsourced help center.

petarddd, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  2. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    I got the famous, BSF finance debt collection letter yesterday for the amount of money I managed to get back through my credit card company from 1&1.

Through my research I have come to the conclusion that it is their company policy to make it as hard to close an account as possible, then still take money from your credit card and then when you stop your credit card they still try and get money from you by issueing a debt collection letter.

Well, I have had enough. I have complained to Consumers Direct in the UK about them and I would urgh anyone else who has had problems with them to do so also.

The Consumers Direct link is here http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/complaints.shtml

This company really sucks, DO NOT USE THEM

NewBeing, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I found myself in a similar situation and formed the same opinion myself.

I did however, find the finance company to be more than helpful in cancelling the account with 1&1.

mcfox, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  4. NewBeing

NewBeing Guest

Best Answers:
    I have emailed the finance company and put my side of the story across but I am not too worried about the debt collecting letter as they made it out to an old Ltd company of mine which I closed about a year ago plus the letter was sent to an old UK address of mine which I do not live at any more, in fact I do not live in the UK anymore so I am pretty sure they will not be getting anymore money from me.

I am just pissed off with 1&1 as it seems that it is company policy to rip you off.

I personally think they are just thieves and really need to be brought to book.

NewBeing, Mar 11, 2006 IP
  5. Shawon

Shawon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i was about to buy hosting from them because of their great prices but then i read about those reviews and someone i know told me there service is horrible lol. ithink i'm going with Site5 now

Shawon, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  6. ideas_man

ideas_man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Had problems with 1&1 in the past. Zero customer support and shoddy hosting services. Its worth noting I also had problems with Active24.

Both are pan-european companies (1&1 Germany, Active24 Holland) with poor business ethics. I had to get my CC company to sort out Active24 in the end and 1&1's billing system is flawed.

Avoid these two like the plague.... but I would also be wary of any pan-european company that is based outside the UK.

ideas_man, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  7. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    i had to transfer a domain with someone on that company... what a nightmare... in other words it didnt get transfered its till with them they told me to wait anotehr 60 days

Seiya, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  8. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the middle of leaving them they appaul me. I have used them for 2yrs now and I suffer from their constant cock ups, they are cheap and they are nasty I really think they deserve to fail - good bye and fair well to 1 and 1 (tossers)

Jamie

Jim bob 9 pants, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  9. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I keep seeing people praising, and bashing 1and1. To help this threads readers, can you include in your post, what service you are using?

Thank you,

tom

TommyD, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  10. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    Home package and a Linux Buisness Pro package

Now

Wesh.co.uk (speak to a person who can understand you!!)

Jim bob 9 pants, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  11. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:

I go out of my way not to say negative things about anyone. But, if my comments about these people helped you I am happy. I did a google search before I ever tried to sign up and could find few if any comments.

Colbyt

Colbyt, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  12. Uno

Uno Peon

Best Answers:
    Uno, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  13. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    Uno, did you try contacting them?

onedollar, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  14. Uno

Uno Peon

Best Answers:
    by email and also, i went to cancel.1and1.co.uk and sign in with my Customer ID and pass but won't work

Uno, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  15. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    1and1 is the worst company I ever had to purchase something from.

DomainMaster, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  16. Uno

Uno Peon

Best Answers:
    i just know about it. That's why im trying to cancel it ( just signed up 2 days ago :D )

Uno, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  17. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    if you didn't fall for their free stuff* you're free to go. I was gullible and had to pay them for 12 months of premium hosting. The funny thing is I signed up with the basic package and upgraded after 2 days. Then realized that they are a pain in the ass to work with. Guess what? You can't downgrade your package. I ended up paying twice more than I planned to originally. Let me make it clear:

1and1 SUCKS!

DomainMaster, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  18. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    Uno, try http://contract.oneandone.co.uk

from their faq,

onedollar, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  19. Uno

Uno Peon

Best Answers:
    im NOT using free stuff. im buying it with my money. Right now, i just want to cancel it..********* ...OMG....never come back thier web when i done with 'em.

1&1 Fuct :D

Uno, Mar 17, 2006 IP
  20. Uno

Uno Peon

Best Answers:
    it won't works and also i got this

i used Customer ID and pass to log in cpanel but with that ( contract.oneandone.co.uk ) :(

Uno, Mar 17, 2006 IP