1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$0 to $5000/month Adsense Challenge

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by manateemedia, Jul 28, 2006.

1. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very good suggestions. I believe to make money, you have to spend money. Of course, there are rare exceptions where the site is very, very unique and highly ineteresting and traffic builds up naturally.

qwestcommunications, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  2. Kettner

Kettner Peon

Best Answers:
    I belive I will manateemedia !!! I will go from 0$ to 5000 $ in a year !!!!
    And you konw why?? becours I am a WINNER !!! I startet my sites about 2 weeks ago, but no content yet, I had to lear the cms system first, and do alot of reinstalls... but from monday there will be content and Adsense on my sites

Kettner, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  3. samzach

samzach Peon

Best Answers:
    good content. and traffic.

and for traffic - you need to show up on the major search engines. that's the real crunch.

that's why it is suggested, and with much reason, that one should pick a niche market. a niche market and some aggressive marketing. even 1 blog would do then.

select a target market, search for appropriate most searched keywords, and build your site around them with quality content. merge in the adsense well. keep tracking site position on the search engines, keep exchanging links, keep updating content - and slowly but surely, the traffic and hence the money will come pouring in - but slowly at first :)

samzach, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  4. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I should clarify that I don't really care if you use blogs or web sites to do this - to me a blog is just a mechanism for creating a web site that is usually a lot more optimized for the search engines compared to making one with Dreamweaver.

Also, I never set a time table - was thinking maybe someone would have an estimate on how long it would take. I'm thinking you could probably do it in two years? But, if you came up with a really good site idea, you could do it in less.

I do have some sites I have made and haven't updated in years...and am still getting traffic from search engines. Probably not as much since they aren't fresh though. Somehow I suspect Google takes the freshness factor into account in search engine rankings.

Anyway, perhaps this technique would be similar to the way TV neworks launch pilots. They never know which ones will stick...so make a bunch of them and nurture the ones that stick, toss out the ones that nobody cares about. Just blabbin'

manateemedia, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  5. ConstantContent

ConstantContent Banned

Best Answers:
    You could do it in two years with the right blog, right content, and a little luck. Then again in two years you could be making $10 a day from it too.... depends on the subject, the webmaster, the content, and the time put into it.

ConstantContent, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  6. AoaoSo

AoaoSo Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO get a good site is better than get 100 blogs

AoaoSo, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  7. Mattias

Mattias Banned

Best Answers:
    I started my first, real, adsense site for about 7 months ago.
    I now earn $1500/month, with about 90% profit.

I started out with an easy site that wrote about other sites within specified keywords. Placed my adsense on top before the linkinfo started and started to make somesmall bucks. I think it has about 15 keywords and does around $8 per day now. Thats my first site.

I tried hard as possible to trade links from another domain i just placed up.
    worked out well

Mattias, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  8. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    How would you get enough traffic in a few months to make $5,000/month? That is the real challenge. You would have to come up with something really groundbreaking.

IamNed, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  9. empiredream

empiredream Peon

Best Answers:
    this title must change
    from zero to hero :D

empiredream, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  10. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    built a comminity thats all i can say ;)

a referal from a regular user is worth dozens of backlinks

also in my latest venture im spending big on servers and bandwith, and geting big returns not only from adsense ;)

wwm, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  11. Mattias

Mattias Banned

Best Answers:
    You mean nude pics from the people who likes your community? :D

Mattias, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  12. kajsng

kajsng Peon

Best Answers:
    If you were going to go the blog route, I'd suggest starting a few sites (4 or 5) and write enough content so that they're updated at least every 2 or 3 days for the next couple months (set the post so that it won't be published until a certain date). Then for the next month, go nuts getting links - post in forums with an appropriate blog in your signature (if you're in a car forum, link to your car blog), trade links with people, etc. If your 4 or 5 blogs become successful, write more content for them, and start as many as you can manage to write content for.

kajsng, Jul 31, 2006 IP
  13. sparkling

sparkling Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe it will work. why not try it

sparkling, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  14. billyzelsnack

billyzelsnack Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it really matter if you get lots of regular visitors? Yes you are giving them the 'opportunity' to click on your ads for more than one session, but isn't it more important to focus on uniques?

Someone visiting a specific entry from a search is much more likely to actually be looking for something specific and that's where those contextual ads really perform?

It seems to me that bringing in loyal readers is a much, much more difficult task then bringing in search uniques.

billyzelsnack, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  15. wwm

wwm Peon

Best Answers:
    dont be quick to jump to conclusions, no i mean hosting and file hosting its quite lucative if you willing to buy servers and put in work setting them up

yes they may not click the ads as often, but.... if you have a very big site you get money per impressions ;) as well, if you got good content or provide good service people will come, i make 4digits monthly without spending penny on advertising or seo never have and never prob will

also regular traffic will help even out any spikes so your account doesnt get flagged as easilly if you get dugg or something like that

wwm, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  16. necromanc

necromanc Peon

Best Answers:
    You need experience, you need to know your market.Is not so easy as you think.I month = 30 days you can't work 24/24.You have to rest, to eat, to go out with some friends.You will be over if you'll work non stop.You'll need to learn a lot of things, make mistakes, corect them, etc.

Is a learning process ...

necromanc, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  17. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    This really wouldn't be that hard to do. The software in my signature could definitely do it in a couple months.

1EightT, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  18. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL then why are you selling it then? Get busy and make more money with SEC instead of diluting your earnings by opening the door to more competiton. :rolleyes:

IamNed, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  19. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I love these posts. Maybe you should try something like $0 to $50 in month.

nate_king1, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  20. UncleD

UncleD Peon

Best Answers:
    ahh, $0-50 in a month, perhaps. The $5000 mark is hard, and even then, sustaining it would be quite a triumph. You'd be in for a fulltime job working on your site. Now, if you can pull it off and get your site to a point where it runs stand-alone, that's an achievment.

UncleD, Aug 9, 2006 IP