1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

0 pages in URL

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by SEOAspHole, Apr 7, 2005.

I have 0 pages indexed according to DP's tracker tool but do have approx 80 according to googles site:www.domain.co.uk query. I'm a bit confused as to why this is and wondered if anybody could shed some light on this?

SEOAspHole, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The keyword tracker uses the Google API which routinely shows different results then the normal datacenters.

yfs1, Apr 7, 2005 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    The answer lies in the source of the data. Google's public page stats, those returned by a site: command are unreliable at most. For verifying your pages they are almost useless.

The Co-op system and KWT uses the API to query Google's database of webpages. The API tends to return results substantially different from the public results.

yfs1: stop beating me to it :mad: :)

Threadstarter.. Your nick keeps reading like SEOasshole :)

T0PS3O, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  4. SEOAspHole

SEOAspHole Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the quick replies. Is it usual to have such a difference? 80 down to 0? It wouldn't normally be a problem but I have added the site to the coop and have 0 weight as a result. Do you have any idea how long I can expect to wait for it to be updated?

TOPS30: ha,ha glad u like! the nick was intended! It was a very old nickname from a very old forum.

SEOAspHole, Apr 7, 2005 IP
  5. eddie

eddie snowrider

Best Answers:
    I have been wondering about this also
    The kwt shows 1 page in my new sites url. Yet I have a co-op weight of 612 it was 7 which I guess is for 1 page 0pr.
    site:mydomain.com shows 85 which is fairly consistant with a weight of 7 per page? 85x7=595
    These 85 pages are cached in G so I would think they would show up in the api search.

eddie, Apr 8, 2005 IP