1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$0.01 One Cent

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Kaabi, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When you posted this, I immediately thought that it could be Smartpricing. Looking at your site, it's probably not your content that is the problem - it looks okay.

Use the Adsense preview tool to find out who is advertising on your site, and get busy with your competitive ad filter. You may find that blocking MFAs will improve your situation.

Obelia, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  2. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    It is common for click values to fluctuate but I really don’t know why it happens. I don’t think content or Meta tags has anything to do with it from what I’ve seen on my sites.

Emperor, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  3. squarehippies

squarehippies Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... My clicks always averaged at 5-10 cents a click since 3 weeks ago when I started my site. Hopefully it will stay that way or increase in the future as my traffic builds up.

squarehippies, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  4. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get $0.01 clicks quite a few times. I also get much higher clicks. It all depends on the ads they show on your pages and the amount of advertisers bidding for them keywords.

Another very important thing to think about if that if you have CPM ads showing on your pages then someone could have clicked on a CPM ad and you would have not earn't per click, you would have earn't on a CPM basis.

john269, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  5. moonrock

moonrock Peon

Best Answers:
    i read that story too!
    but that's for adbrite.. not adsense

moonrock, Jul 15, 2006 IP
  6. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes on AdSense it would be impossible to get a check that low (because minimum payout is $100)

Kaabi, Jul 16, 2006 IP
  7. tcph

tcph Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds very unreasonable, but the user took a picture of the 11 cent cheque...

I'll be surprised if AdSense send someone a cheque with 1 cent. What will you people think about that? It'll look pretty embrassing if I saw one.

tcph, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  8. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I said, it's impossible for that to happen with AdSense.

What is this "competitive ad filter." I'm hearing it mentioned but I don't know exactly what it is, but it seems to be a good tool for getting higher paying clicks.

Kaabi, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  9. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    god how can adsense do that hahaha

010081, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  10. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 3 AdSense clicks today... and it's a little more than 30 cents. I saw in the Yahoo forum somebody talking about how the Middle East stuff could be affecting ad rates. Could that be true?

Kaabi, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  11. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it common for a site like mine: www.randomfix.com to have no clicks whatsoever? I get at least 150 uniques daily but I can never get clicks, ever. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I am trying my hardest to work on my content so that readers will come back. There are quite a few fixes that are already listed in Google that bring readers to my site. I'm listed for "random fix" already in the top first few. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I do notice that when I visit my own site, the ads are always the same. I do wish they'd kinda be random instead of the same all the time. It's constantly things like memory sticks and KVM switches. Any help is great. Thanks in advance.

Nocturnal, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  12. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Drop a square ad unit in your main content column, with onsite advertising removed. Make the Google ad link text a few shades darker than the rest of your site's link text. Wrap your article text around it.

Experiment with left or right alignment, from my experience, I'd say right would perform better due to the adunit resting below the visitor's mouse on rest.

At 150 uniques daily, you should be making a fairly respectable payout (enough to cover server costs ;)).

I also suggest you remove the Ad Links above the rest of your content, the square ad unit will make up for the loss.

Art, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  13. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking about putting link units in, but I really don't want to put anymore ads on my site. I have AdSense on every page and I have a text-link-ads ad on the bottom. I've gotten like 97 hits on that thing and not one conversion, and each one of those is worth $25. God I wish I could get 5 or 10... that would be awesome.

Kaabi, Jul 17, 2006 IP