1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

★ ★ xBox live subscriptions beautiful custom website and suppliers - ★ ★ CASH COW★ ★

Discussion in 'Sites' started by ian_batten, Apr 22, 2010.

WEBSITE URL: http://bit.ly/cj1jQR

xBox live subscriptions

As many of you may know, the xBox live market is vast, with millions of subscribers per year. Most of these are teenagers, who are always looking for the cheapest alternative. Subscriptions can be purchased in either 1 month, 3 month, or 12 month periods.

Subscription costs and prices

A 12 month xBox live subscription costs around £45 on the xBox live dashboard, which is a fairly high price to pay. ConsoleCodes offers a much cheaper alternative, with 12 month subscriptions for sale at £25.90.

The prices for the codes from the supplier are as follows:

12 months xBox live - $35.5
    3 months xBox live - $14.50
    1 months xBox live - $6.75

The codes are resold in GBP, so the exchange rate is always fluctuating. However, the average profit per code, minus the Paypal fees, is $2.50. Nearly all sales are from the 12 month subscriptions, very few people actually purchase the 1 months or 3 months.

Payments, delivery and suppliers

All suppliers are available via MSN messenger, and are available online throughout the day. The codes are purchased using Paypal, (Paypal mass pay to reduce on fees), and are sent to your email as scanned copies of the codes.

All payments from the website are processed through Paypal, so essentially you can wait until your orders come in, then purchase your codes - so no initital financial outlay is neccassary.

The codes are sent to you in batches of 10, with 10 scanned codes per sheet. The physical cards are available to buy, however you would have to pay for shipping costs, and wait for delivery times. Hence buying them digitally is much easier.

PLEASE NOTE: You are not just buying a text string, you are buying sheets of the whole scanned card code.

There are 2 main suppliers that I purchase from, and 2 others who are slightly more expensive. You will receive all 4 suppliers, all that operate via MSN, accept Paypal, and send the codes digitally.

The codes are sourced via gaming distributors in the US, and actually all 4 suppliers are distantly linked, hence their prices are all very similar.

Other products

As well as the xBox live subscriptions, you can also purchase xBox points, and other gaming codes (Such as PSN codes, and WoW codes). I have not experiemented with selling these, as currently I'm only targeting xBox live users, but it would provide a great base for expansion of the product range.

Profit

There is a very good opportunity to make good profits on xBox live codes. I was running an adwords campaign, with a budget of just £5 per day - and was getting up to 15 orders. Minus the cost of the adwords, I was making around $1.50 profit per code, and this could easily be duplicated as many times as you wish. A budget of around £30 per day could certainly see you making a tidy profit.

Currently I have around 1-2 organic purchases per day, just from word of mouth and online reviews. I can guarantee this will increase.

Why haven't I invested more money in advertising? For the same reason that I'm selling the site, I simply don't have the time. Please see the section below as to why I'm selling the site for more information.

Customer database

I have a customer database of just over 1,000 users, which was from when I used to sell xBox live subscriptions back in 2008/09, on eBay. I was a platinum powerseller, however was suspended due to the new digital delivery policy. Unfortunately I clearly stated on my listings that the codes were digitally delivered, hence I got the suspension. Many people still sell the codes on eBay, as could you - but simply don't state the digital delivery on the listing.

Since I was suspended, I contacted all of my customers, of which most signed up to the website.

So this could provide a nice base for you to send out a mailshot for returning customers.

Why I am selling

Please don't purchase this website if you don't have the time to put into it. When reaching around 20 orders per day, you will need to put a good few hours of work per day in, which is through buying the codes, cropping them, emailing them out, and responding to customer emails.

I am currently in my dissertation year at university, and feel I just don't have to the time to give this site it's full potential, and in particular, increase the sales through a larger advertising budget.

Likewise for the xBox points, PSN and WoW codes - investing more time in this could easily expand your product range and profits alike.

With this sale, I will give all of the tips that I use to help speed up the process, the ins and outs of the whole purchase process, and any other related information. I will also help transfer the website to your server, should you need any assitance.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

The website

The website is totally custom designed by myself, and is powered by wordpress. It's very easy to update, and provides a very smooth customer experience. The domain name and website will be transferred, I can continue hosting for a resaonable amount of time should you not have hosting right away, but I cannot permanently host the site.

Please remember the value from this sale is more aimed at the supplier details, because the sky is the limit with the profits you could generate, should you invest the time and money in advertising.

Revenue Details

Revenue is from the sale of xBox live subscriptions. Around $2.50 profit per code is made, but this fluctuates slightly with the exchange rate.

The profit is AFTER Paypal fees, and remember that increasing your sales will decrease the % per transaction that Paypal takes.

When advertising through Adworsds, profit is around $2.00 per code - and you can generate a LOT of sales through this. Please see the above description for more information.

Remember, the website is NOT the only avenue for profit. You can sell via eBay, Amazon, Playtrade, etc. Alternatively you can sell wholesale and make around $20 per purchase of 20 codes. It's up to you, but there is certainly more than the website to generate you sales.
    Traffic Details

All traffic is currently organic, through word of mouth and online reviews. Remember that websites such as these do VERY well through word of mouth. One pleased customer will tell all of his/her gaming mates, who will go on to tell theirs, etc.

Once you have an established customer base, there will be no need for advertising at all.

Adwords campaigns can bring in a lot of traffic, again, see above for more information.

ian_batten, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  2. Andy69

Andy69 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Start Price ? Bin ?

Andy69, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  3. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Looking for around $1000.

ian_batten, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  4. dantheman1370

dantheman1370 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you still selling this website? If you are, send me a pm.

dantheman1370, May 24, 2010 IP
  5. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Website is for sale if anyone would like to make an offer.

ian_batten, Dec 28, 2010 IP