1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

“5 Star Affiliate Progams” Some paying out over 10K a month

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by 5starAffiliates, Sep 15, 2004.

1. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi piniyini,

We really should start a new topic. It's a long answer and there isn't really any fool proof way to do it. But parasites aren't in cookies so no way to check that.
    One of the many ways, although not always accurate is to check at cleanmerchants.com.

My carpal tunnel is acting up again, so can't write a book about parasites today. But if someone starts a new thread we can all add to, I can over time share a lot more info, recources and articles about parasites and detection methods.

5starAffiliates, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  2. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    That would be great, I for one am confused by this whole parasite issue and have never been able to find information that didn't end up confuseing me even more.
    So many conflicting views.

Cyclops.

Cyclops, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  3. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    This of course is slightly longer than the average user :)

I agree with you 100% on minimalism and have for the last three years been implementing minimalist sites myself. Minimalist design coupled with a 'don't make me think' approach to usability really does seem to work.

The traditional marketing types just can't seem to understand that behind the search engine referral is a real person who just wants to know the answer to their question - instantly!

I would make a small change to the text on your Hummer page - 'Do you sell new Hummers under MSRP?' to 'Do you sell new Hummers under the manufacturer's suggested retail price?'. (Don't make me think!)

Way to go...

- Michael

Michael, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  4. CleanMonkey

CleanMonkey Guest

Best Answers:
    >One of the many ways, although not always accurate is to check at cleanmerchants.com.

Hi People!

I'd like to point out how Cleanmerchants.com can be innaccurate.

It can't always detect a parasite in a program. It can't detect WhenU for instance. You put your merchant name in the search box - and if it says that merchant is clean they might be. They'll certainly be cleaner than most.

If it says a merchant is infested, they are infested. They were found on a parasite bragging list of merchants the parasites steal from.

It will never tell you a clean merchant is dirty when they are not, unless the merchant only recently dropped parasites.

So you will get occasional false negatives, but no false positives I've seen so far.

Hey Linda! I like your site better now. I can find the info I need without having to pick through every last word!

Monkey

Cleanmerchants

CleanMonkey, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  5. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Monkey, good to see you over here!

FYI All, I should have clarified that Monkey's site is not inaccurate, but the parasite info it reads from sometimes is. For instance when we take over a program and drop all the parasites sometimes the program stays on the parasite list because the parasites are sometimes very slow to update their lists. I have to admit that sometimes our managers drop the parasites but don't always get around to contacting them to demand we are removed from their sites. Plus sometimes even when we ask to be removed they dont do it. So that's what I meant.

5starAffiliates, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  6. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    So do I... It's too many information for a stating page, and there is text, text, text... I don't read it, so I don't know what the site is about... You should organize the first page... You know, first impressions really do the trick!

eduardomaio, Dec 20, 2004 IP