1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

“5 Star Affiliate Progams” Some paying out over 10K a month

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by 5starAffiliates, Sep 15, 2004.

This forum says that invitations to affiliate programs are allowed by members, so I wanted to let you all know what we do
    and invite you to join us!

We manage or consult for 12 of the top revshare programs available and are adding several new programs a month.

5 Star Affiliate Programs

~ Honest, High Paying Programs, Parasite-Free Partner Programs
    ~ High Payouts and Conversion Rates
    ~ Some cutting Checks for over $$10K a Month!
    ~ View Complete Detailed Full Page Program Reviews
    ~ Discover Affiliate News, Forums, Blogs, Articles and Tips

We also have an IPC (Instant Page Creator) datafeed tool that helps our partners build custom content rich pages or complete product sites, quick and easy!

Discover high paying, high-integrity, parasite-free, affiliate-centered programs. Let me know how I can help your efforts and increase your revshare success!

View all programs and join our team today!

We are looking forward to cutting some BIG checks for the holidays!
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com

Linda AKA Catalyst

5starAffiliates, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  2. ROV

ROV Peon

Best Answers:
    Linda

What does "parasite free" mean.

ROV, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I linked to 'ya from What are affiliate programs?, but I have two recommendations:

1.Add many more advertisers -- that's what makes an affiliate network worthwhile.
    2.Tone down the look and feel of your site. It's showmanship style makes it seem unprofessional.

Will.Spencer, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  4. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Will and thanks for the feedback!

1) Since we manage all these programs it's not like a regular hodge podge of programs you find in most directories. We have very high standards and don't manage programs unless they have great potential. We only accept 5 Star programs. These are all high paying consulting clients, it's not a free directory. Most pay 3-5K a month for our services, which includes being listed on 5 Star. I turn down 90% of the companies that want me to promote them.

2) "It's showmanship style makes it seem unprofessional." Wow, I've never gotten any negative feedback before. I surveyed a bunch of affiliates on the design before I bought it and they all liked it. Maybe it's time for a redesign???

What does everyone else thinK?

5starAffiliates, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I kind of had the same thoughts when I looked at it some months ago. Totally a mental thing I know, but the site look/feel made me shy away from actually looking at any of the programs.

digitalpoint, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  6. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Yikes, you too???

E gads. I think it's one of those things where since it's your site you don't see it as others do.

Please rip it apart and tell me what's wrong so I can re-design it. I honestly had no idea and still don't know what the turn off is.

The colors? the swirls? the 5 Star? the dollar signs? the copy? or what?

What would you do differently? Please tell me. I have big clients like National Geographic and several other big corp clients coming on board. If the site is a turn off I need to change it.

TIA for any feeback!

7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmm... I actually had to think about that one, because it's really not anything specific, but here's a few things I would probably do:

General Stuff
    I would drop the stars next to the affiliate names altogether. They are a definite attention grabber, but in your case it's really not necessary to grab attention. They are already there, so I would think they just want simple info on what programs are available. The stars for me set off a subconscious spam alert because spam sites use the same attention grabbing techniques. Personally I'm a minimalist, so for me, the least amount of info (including flashy graphics) beyond the info I *need*, the better. If you don't want to drop them, I would scale them down 50% (in some cases they are bigger than the company name) and wash them out (put a solid white layer over them in Photoshop with a 50% opacity).

The part right above the Luggage Online entry looks like site-wide links (I know they aren't), which sets off another internal spam alert. If you have it there for keywords, put it at the bottom, because it doesn't seem to serve a purpose from a user's standpoint.

The "Hype"
    Things like "Join the Leader!" and "A World of Exciting Products" also sets off a subconscious spam alert.

Give Me Just What I Want To Know
    In GeneTree... "Profit from Paternity Tests and Other DNA Testing" could be "Paternity and DNA Testing".

Do your users care which programs that PartnerCentric manages? Personally I don't, and just adds unnecessary data that I have to wade through to get to the info I want.

Loose the "Details" link, the company name is clickable (just more unnecessary clutter).

This one isn't a biggie, but everything after "More Great Programs Coming Soon!" could use a redesign. For example, "Site Terms of Service - Truth in Advertising Disclosures - Privacy Policy" could just be "Privacy Policy" or something shorter.

Overall, it's just one of those things you have to look at it from the user's standpoint. It's sort of like HTML emails, marketing people love to send them because it makes beautiful emails, but do those same marketing people actually like to get HTML emails? Some probably do, but I'm guessing some don't.

I'm an anal nit-picker, aren't I? :)

8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    An example of a minimalist type of site I just threw together is http://www.worldclasshummer.com/ The first page has the questions I wanted answered when I was looking for a car online. A friend of mine who is a "traditional marketing guy" saw it and didn't like it at ALL. In fact he rewrote the first page for me as a favor. And guess what? What he sent me had absolutely no information. I was amazed that someone could write so much about valuing and earning my business without actually saying anything useful. :)

It might not be the flashiest site, but it gets the info to the users.

9. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Rov, Sorry I missed your question: "What does "parasite free" mean."

Parasites are dishonest affiliates than can over-write the affiliate cookie of the affiliate that deserves the commission. We dont allow this type of affiliate into our programs.

Shawn,

Thanks so much for the detail and explaining in-depth. I'm a marketer so maybe sounds like am over hyping cuz I'm passionate about our programs and trying to get across how truly good our programs are compared to all the dishonest ones that say "No work, put up a link and make a million dollars." Funny just had 2 people on 2 other forums say they love the site. But I hear what you are saying. When I have time to breath will see what I can do about finding a middle ground.

FYI to many affiliates the fact that PartnerCentric manages most of our programs DOES matter - a lot. Many programs are not pro-actively managed and you can't get any support. PC, my partner company, is well known for excellent support and well managed programs - this is one of the most important things to some affiliates. Some of them join every PC program because of our reputation. PartnerCentric used to be Affiliate Goddess. You may not have heard the name before but many have and respect it.

10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's probably just me, so you can ignore it... I just don't have time to sift through the hype for the info I actually want (for anything, not just websites). :)

I have a 2 second attention span.

11. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't checked his link yet, wondering if he's implemented the suggestions from this forum...

misohoni, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The two things which most cause my brain to stop observing an incoming information flow are dollar signs and exclamation points.

Will.Spencer, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  13. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

You're a coder right??? That probably explains it! ;)

Still I appreciate the feedback and will consider it when I have time to do some tweaking.

5starAffiliates, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  14. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Shawn and all,

Made several changes. Got rid of some of the stars at the top and the big 5 star logo and cleaned up the footer quite a bit. It's a start at least.

Thanks again for the feedback.

5starAffiliates, Sep 19, 2004 IP
  15. rushy

rushy Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with whats been said above, i saw your link on another forum and am heavily into affiliate programs but was instantly turned off by 5 star. The most alarming thing for me was that it simply looked like you were out to get money. perhaps the colours the bright blue and yellow, the lists of things that tried to tell me how much money i would make, the constant reminder that you were providing only the best and highest paying affiliates. hhmm, i dont know, i think it just looks like youre trying to hard to sell your program. it screams desperation and like the suggestion before, perhaps just tone it down a little to reflect your success..you dont need anything flash, youre already a success!

dont try and fool us, just be honest about your service and you will be fine, less the marketing hype, give examples of real results, dont buff any program up (nor your own) and you will be better for it.

imo.

rushy

rushy, Sep 21, 2004 IP
  16. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Thanks Rushy,

"dont try and fool us, just be honest about your service and you will be fine, less the marketing hype, give examples of real results, dont buff any program up."

Ok no I think I see the crux of the matter. "If it looks too good to be true, it usually is."

Wow I feel hurt and a little stupid. Everything I say on my site is 100% true. Every number is true and it all comes from my heart. Meaning that where I come from when I write this copy is a place of "we have programs that are truly good, honest and most are very high paying." I come from a place of wanting to help affiliates find good programs because there are a lot out there that aren't.

We turn down 90% of the programs that come to us and only carry ones that meet our standards. So there really are top programs.

I think there may be a couple of issue I need to look at though. I guess my sincerity and trying too hard to help people see how great these programs are looks like hype. Plus I know that we are up against LOTS of truly hype ads, copy and programs that are pure bulls*t, that say "just put up this ebook link and do nothing and you can make 1000 a day."

So would you look at these programs and the site if I took all the numbers off? How would you know how good they really were?

As far as the colors, I never tried to be flashy and didn't know the colors would turn people off. Teal is my favorite color. I ran the header design by a LOT of my existing affiliates (who can be VERY critical) and they all liked it.

I feel totally depressed. Kind of like when you say something to a friend that you thought was really helpful and supportive and they take it wrong, twist your words and make you out to be a horrible person. You have to wonder was it the way I really said it - or the way they interpreted it?

Well I did try to tone down the design somewhat. I guess I need to look at the copy. I didn't know it sounded like hype.

Thanks for the feedback

5starAffiliates, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  17. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    I disagree with all the coders (you too, Shawn)... :p ...I like the way your site looks. If I was to happen upon this site again, I would instantly recognize it (which is a good thing). The only thing I would do is break up the affiliate program descriptions on the 1st page. There is just too much info that kind of all runs together.

I wouldn't take it personally that some people are turned-off by the site, I think that just happens to be because your type of business is so "spammer-filled".

Good luck :) !

ViciousSummer, Sep 26, 2004 IP
  18. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much Summer,

I did just mellow it out some more. Took away the multicolored gold & teal head lines off of each program and dropped all the join here's and all the Partnercentric links. Added some dividers. Deleted most of the !!! Exclamation points. I think it looks a little cleaner now.

Thanks again for all the great feedback.

5starAffiliates, Sep 27, 2004 IP
  19. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Wow, it looks really good. I think you found the perfect middle ground :D !

ViciousSummer, Sep 27, 2004 IP
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm with Shawn, I want quick answers without the slick sales pitch

As a non-american who is affected hugely by american led politics I find one of your advertisers in extremely poor taste...
    Maybe these guys have been around for years and the 911 is a coincidence but 9eleven, internationally, has only one meaning.

D'oh, it's just been whispered in my ear that 911 is your emergency services number. Too late, if I wasn't writing this I would have been gone before this was pointed out. Maybe everyone else is a bit quicker on that and it doesn't matter....

Sarah

sarahk, Sep 27, 2004 IP