1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Šéx.com can u appraise it? am thinkin to buy it

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by $tumbler, Aug 23, 2007.

1. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    it is too high rated for an idn.
    40-50 $ at most.

nickflame, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  2. BurnsInternet

BurnsInternet Peon

Best Answers:
    Traditional IDNs (actual words in actual languages) sell for thousands and tens of thousands of US Dollars. They are commonly listed on DNJournal's top ten sales each month.

This is not a domain that any IDNer would buy. It is a collectible, like a dingbat, and has no real revenue potential. Most out there would see it as a phishing domain, at best. Current reg fee is $6.99, and it is only worth that if the buyer wants it.

Find a real word and buy it!

BurnsInternet, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  3. Im The ONE

Im The ONE Peon

Best Answers:
    as far as i know domain names cannot contain special characters (only alphabets, numbers and dash) so how come Šéx is possible
    -EDIT-
    It actually resolves as http://xn--x-9fa37a.com/

Im The ONE, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  4. BurnsInternet

BurnsInternet Peon

Best Answers:
    Since 2000 we have been able to register non-ASCII characters such as Chinese, Japanese, etc.

Some recent sales:

Ernährung.de (xn--ernhrung-2za.de) "nutrition" in German €24,660 = $33,992
    핸드폰.com (xn--hy1bj30dt7a.com) "hand phone" in Korean $42,250

Some recent press:

Source: http://blog.domaintools.com/2007/05/korean-idn-domain-is-the-top-domain-at-auction-this-week/

BurnsInternet, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  5. $tumbler

$tumbler Banned

Best Answers:
    :S am gettng confused guys

$tumbler, Aug 27, 2007 IP
  6. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Why? IDNs are an untapped gold mine. I have been keeping my mouth shut for the last year or so about them quitely acquiring very good idns. I'm really proud of my current IDN portfolio and it is generating revenue for me.

Burns has a great IDN portfolio. I envy him ;). Ran into a lot of his top IDNs many times... they should be worth a great amount of money in the future... and as you can see IDNs just started getting some attention since not many know that they are available!

Great info post Burns. I guess I need to talk about IDNs every once in a while.

Fka200, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  7. BurnsInternet

BurnsInternet Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to see you again FKA200!

I think that the gold mine was untapped up until early 2005. Since then, it has been strip mined from all corners of the globe. Although good domains are still unregistered in many languages, it is very difficult to find them.

A few days ago, I registered the Japanese domains 為替市場.jp (translation: currency exchange market) and 外国為替市場.jp (translation: foreign currency exchange market), but they are not tremendous domain names (dot nets are still available). However, they are pretty good ccTLD domain names. They will be developed soon as Forex sites as a package/network with some high overture/high dollar sites like 外国為替レート.jp - (Foreign currency exchange rate), 外貨レート.jp - (Foreign currency rate), 為替ドル.jp - (Currency exchange dollar), 為替ユーロ.jp - (Currency exchange Euro), and 為替.ws - (Currency exchange).

Domains are still out there. Don't settle for less than a real word or phrase! Your time is worth more than that.

BurnsInternet, Aug 30, 2007 IP