1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google celebrates Diego Velázquez birthday

Discussion in 'Google' started by greenstamps, Jun 6, 2008.

greenstamps, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  2. vicksan27

vicksan27 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In the blog you posted that you were wondering of "the search or 'tech' angle to showing a logo for a historic Spanish painter. But at the same time, I am not one to have "art appreciation. Which leads me to my question. Is Google a bit too trigger happy on special logos?"
    Well, if you don't know, some of the logos Google put because they are paid to. Sometimes people want to celebrate something (e.g. Diego Velazquez birthday) and sometimes people do it as a advertisment. But whatever your reason is to buy a 1 day Google logo, it always costs millions $$$! But this is only some of the times, other times the Google logo is put by Google themselves and means something – like Christmas or Halloween, and again like I said other times the reason Google to change their logo is because someone paid for it.

vicksan27, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  3. agapito

agapito Peon

Best Answers:
    who is responsible for selecting the free ones?
    i mean who would pay for diego velsquez?
    or is it the guy reponsible for this just bought one of these paintings and whants to feel good about the price he paid? lol

agapito, Jun 6, 2008 IP